• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Aron the World -- Episode 2: Khaos at Kanto -- FireRed and LeafGreen

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
Years
  • Hi there, I'm SteC and this is:

Gc9Ok3Y.png

The Basics
    In the interim of my incomplete attempt on Emerald, this is my second go on the Solo Challenge with my good pal Aron. The same rules apply with the previous run; defeat all species of Pokémon in the region excluding those that appear outside of Kanto. In other words, Pidgey is essential to battle and win against, but Hoothoot... not so much. If the regional Pokédex was too easy (and not at all time-consuming) then the secondary challenge is to clear all existing Pokémon in the national dex up to Gen 3.

This time, the rules have been retuned to fit around the scope from my previous experience, mainly the following:

• catching and breeding another Aron for party use is fine, only if the hatched Aron can evolve and the original starter remains unevolved. Victories with Lairon/Aggron do not count
    • completing the Pokémon League and beating the last legendary is the minimum requirement. Ideally the regional Pokédex must be beaten before the next region can be explored
    • try to keep the 'caught Pokédex' count as small as possible until the Elite Four/Champion are beaten and post-game modes unlock
    • other party Pokémon may be raised for the sake of competing in Double Battles, but not essential
    • 'Eras' now ecompass each Generation a pool of games appear in while 'Parts' are reserved for each version. Don't think too hard about this - I wanted to change them into 'episodes' but I already made the title graphic, so there!

Path to Domination
    The regions I intend to play in order.

Hoenn --> Kanto --> Sinnoh --> Johto --> Unova --> Kalos --> Alola --> Galar --> Paldea

The Rules
    Detailed explanation of my playthrough in the spoiler box.

Spoiler:

Notes
    Just as before, a vanilla run with the starter hack available to me and nothing else. My Google spreadsheet is now updated to cover Fire Red and Leaf Green as well as the index covering dex #1 to the end of time. I only hope that I don't get stuck in the post-game shenigans for too long like before *cough*BattleFrontier*cough*, which significantly killed the momentum of wrapping up Hoenn. The thing is, I actually have some familiarity with the Kanto remakes long ago, stopping short on Fucshia City when my neighbour and I lost interest around 2005, and I cannot blame my PS2 for that. If I time this well, this could be done by the end of the winter holidays, so wherever you will be going on Thanksgiving and the new year, please stop by for a few minutes if you can. :>

First part of FireRed is... heading down your town!

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 1 - Bandit Clowns in Pallet Town

TdWGF8V.png
    nhtEHk4.png

This is Rocky. Say 'hi' to Rocky. The other fella? You'll meet him soon enough. If you're new to this kind of travel log, open the spoiler box to reveal what I've been up to on this chapter.

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 2 - Star Wores

oTQcW9Q.png

Ooh, I get it. This game has been a TV programme all along. Now about that Paras before I cross the ledge of no return...

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 3 - Mouth of Steel

Eskzy9p.png
    DMHtRYx.png

The VS Seeker. Just wait 'til the postame. From where I left off, I was about to miss the fabulous party on the S.S. Anne and had a boatload of trainers and a HM for my trouble. Pshh. Wasn't my ticket, anyway.
    Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 4 - Ingestion Manifestation

VTq12M2.png
    d3a4Glv.png

I didn't go far this time. Or did I...?

Lavender Town, where people talk about the ghosts all day long. Too bad the day/night element wasn't put into use back then, because that would be a pretty rad twilight visual. Who's in the mood for spooking the living daylights out of my boi?

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 5 - Tea is Love

7RNTEMO.png

That's... interesting, I guess.

pbKrUsH.png
    qGqHDfB.png

Following Snorlax's (temporary) downfall, we returned to Celadon City to find out how useless these tasty drinks were later on amid much goofing around as follows:
    Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 6 - Speedies

R7H4L5c.png
    mWb9Lpw.png

We get it! TEA is amazing.

Mr. Superiority Complex was here in the flash. No, I can't. It's all too much. I need a lie down.

5V9jhSD.png

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 7 - Rocky's Wild Ride Detour

3RKihuQ.png

Yes, you read the Batman recap. Preperations were made for this chapter, or at least everything that I already knew. Except for one that you're about to find out below.

Before we continue, happy holidays and thanks for taking the time to visit the travel journals during the busy period. Unlike last year's visit to the UK, I have little in the way of plans from Japan and I am able to keep this going at your leisure.

H6CHiGQ.png
    4WCkuRW.png

Blaine was the next Gym Leader to face. Now allow me to suspend my disbelief for one minute; if the front door was locked, then why didn't the coach carry a spare? Then I wouldn't have found out that Mewtwo existed and broke free from the Mansion.
    Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 8 - The League of Extraordinary Gentlemon

4SjHKE2.png

Today, the naked Lairon. Tomorrow, the world! HAHAHAHHHHHAHAHHA!

z8H6DDu.png
    YISLiQ1.png

A pleasant Happy New Year to everybody in the PC, and thanks for sticking around! It was time to check out my hard earned gym badges and pass through the Victory Road to teach some so-called Cool Trainer posers a lesson. You know I never liked them, right?

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 9 - Math Ocean

kGOeo4Q.png

No recap for once. It's all VROOM VROOM VROOM to the Sevii Islands. Think of the Orange Islands meets Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land, but without the education and Disney's greed.

C9R7Ktd.png
    3B3H5NX.png

Celio on ONE. His choice wording told me this was going to be one bumpy ride. We needed gemstones to initiate the Hoenn trading mechanic, something which is not required for in the solo run!!

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 10 - Scientists Go Home

9wkFOkC.png

The Sevii Islands saga should conclude in this chapter with one very obvious exception at the end. Arriving at SIX - count 'em - SIX Island was the Flanders to our Homer, the Dinkleberg to our Turner, it's...

Spoiler:

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Chapter 11 - Epilogue: The Scraps

Pgsj5vy.png

This is the concluding chapter of the Fire Red Solo run with Aron. We're going to forget about... that place for now and venture to the southern area in Island SEVEN for any remaining Pokémon. First, there are two menus to choose from, including a lengthy summary of my accomplishment.

Spoiler: Open this spoiler to read the log

Spoiler: Or if it's the final stats and summary you want to read, open this spoiler

Back