• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art-Lockes: An artist intro into Nuzlocke Challenges

Days
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    A fellow Pokémon enthusiast, poke-artist, and content creator! I've seen countless nuzlocke challenges and have wanted to try one myself, but haven't been able to figure out the right way to do it, make time for it, etc etc. BUT now I've got it, an Art-Locke- All the Basic Nuzlocke rules with the additional rule that every Pokémon you catch, you also have to make (in whatever style you do). For me I create metal sculptures, and with this project I'm expanding on my "Bike Chain Builds" style.
    ----------
    A Pokemon Art-locke is a creative twist on the traditional Nuzlocke challenge, where players create artwork based on their in-game experiences and encounters. Here are some rules and variations you can consider implementing for your Pokemon Art-locke:
    1. Basic Nuzlocke Rules:
      • You can only catch the first Pokemon encountered in each new area.
      • If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released or permanently stored in a "Graveyard Box."
    2. Artwork Rules:
      • After catching a new Pokemon or experiencing a significant event in the game (such as defeating a Gym Leader or encountering a Legendary Pokemon), you must create a piece of artwork that represents that moment.
      • Artwork can be in any medium, such as drawing, painting, digital art, or even sculpture.
      • (Optional) Artwork should be shared on social media or a designated platform along with a description of the event it represents.
    3. Variations:
      • Theme-based Art-locke: Each piece of artwork must follow a specific theme or style, such as minimalist, abstract, or pixel art.
      • Team Portraits: Instead of individual pieces for each event, create portraits of your entire team at key milestones in the game. ( this may help if your art style is very time consuming)
      • Team-Only Clause: Only make the Pokémon that joins your team.
      • Per Town/Event: Make 1 Pokémon per Town/Event: This is a good way to ease-up on how many you have to actually make, but still gives a good number of options. So if you encounter 3 routes before the next Town/Event/Gym.You only have to make 1 of your encounters. (Hard Version, that the only one you're allowed to use).
    ------------------------------------------
    Would love to hear feedback/suggestions on additional or alternative rules to make an Art-Locke more fun!

Back