• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Kirbychu said:
    I don't really know about that. If they really wanted Ash to age I'm sure they could get away with saying "Ash, you're 16 now" without altering anything.

Yeah, which is why it doesn't matter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Ash is still 10, because it was said he would never age.
    Most... Actually all the anime characters never age, and there is no actual need for it.

I would personally hate it if Ash or anyone major ever aged.
    Besides, why is ageing an issue when age means nothing in the Pokemon world?
    Moreover, their mental maturity and personality can be freely changed without changing the age, because ageing isn't necessary to mature mentally, specially in the anime world.

Years
    I don't really know about that. If they really wanted Ash to age I'm sure they could get away with saying "Ash, you're 16 now" without altering anything.

You have to realize that age has absolutely zero importance in this anime.

I don't believe they have even mentioned Ash's age ever since the anime began. The writers obviously don't care and if it really mattered they'd be sure to inform they're viewers.

Well his mom said he is 10 and all grown up or something like that when the anime started. Also in the first episode it was told that everyone get's a Pokemon at age of 10.

If I would have been hitten when I was a kid I would cried a lot, or Ash just can take a lot of abuse.

I think Ash should be 16-18:ish. He sure acts like one, and also I think Ash has been hit or slapped in the face or he has took other heavy impacts, he has not cried, once.

Years
    aren't pokemon leagues supposed to happen once a year? that means Ash should technically be at least around 14 or 15 by now
    plus, none of the characters act their age xD

I was told that the reason the producers decided not to show aging in the anime was because they thought kids would be able to relate to a 10 year old better than a 16 year old. Anyway, Ash and his friends will physically stay at the age they are right now because the show is mainly directed towards kids, but supposedly they're a lot older since they've traveled for so long
    (I personally think they should have at least made Ash a little taller than May and Dawn)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Pokemon Characters Never Getting Old

You know Pokemon Was Made In 1998 and Ash Still Looks Young!!
    And Brock!! Ash should be 22 right now (Yes I did The Math). Wow That Means Ash Is Aloud To Drink Beer And Make Babies (with Dawn, May Or Misty. LOL Just Kidding Or Am I.......). Well Its Not Bothering Me that They Still look Young. Its just making me curious.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Inb4lock. Wasn't there just a thread or two about this?

Well, I haven't posted in any of them, so I'll post my insights here:

I take it that most people at this forum are at least teenagers, so they have probably been with the Pokemon series since they were younger, maybe even when the Indigo League season (first season) was still the new thing. That's how I am. The writers of Pokemon aren't still marketing to us, I don't think. They're marketing toward that same age group. As we get older and more aware, we notice Ash and the others haven't really aged so it makes us wonder, but younger kids that are picking up on the Pokemon anime now don't care about that (unless they've also seen the old ones via reruns or the internet, and even at that I don't know if they care).

Also, unless something specific has been said, I think Ash looks more like he's 12 now. In Misty's guest appearances, she seems a little more mature, and since Brock was already fairly old, to younger kids, the difference between 16 and 18 doesn't seem like much.

Let either more debate or thread locking ensue!

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
    I have to say something, Ash probably doesn't age, but Salon Maiden Anabel revealed that she had a crush on him. How old is Ash? If he still is 10, 11, or 12. Anabel must be a major cougar. How old is she?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'm going to mege this into that other thread we have since it deals with the same topic. (Even though Ash is in the name).

By the way, it was created in 1997.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I lol'd at the cougar comment. Anyway, I try to just think he's still 10 since I don't recall him ever having a birthday. That would mean that all this stuff is somehow happening in the course of a year though...and that's one long year.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I don't care what the Anime says. The characters do not look a thing like their stated ages. No way May, Dawn, and Ash look and act like 10. Misty doesn't look like 11, and brock couldn't possible take care of all his siblings while at the tender age of 15-16. If anything, Max should be 10..

WOAHWOAHWOAH. Misty is 11?!

Ash should be about 12/13 by now. He couldn't of done everything he did in one year. (Could he?)

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Considering how low his voice is.. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in his upper teens... Which also makes it a little weird that people pair him with Dawn all the time...who's supposed to be 10. >_<

Wow that is so weird...and I just saw an episode where Ash was standing next to Paul's older brother(who is an adult) and Ash was less than half his height...yet his voice and attitude make him seem so much older...

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    I remember watching one of the pikachu shorts before the third movie i think and Ash threw a party for Pikachu saying it had been a year since they met. This was about a quarter threw Johto i think. So lets just say Kanto + Orange Archipelago + part of Johto took a year, then Rest of Johto + about half of Hoenn= 2 years since start. Then rest of Hoenn + Battle Frontier= bout three years. Now With Sinnoh about 4 years.

So By end of Sinnoh Ash should be around 14

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Just wait until Pokemon keeps going and going and Ash will be like 20 years old and hasn't hit puberty or anything, and he still won't recognize Team Rocket's disguises...

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
    Being a cartoon, it doesn't really matter if Ash ages or not. But since there is a progressing story you think they would have made it a little clearer to his actual age by now. There would be no harm in bumping him up officially from ten to say fourteen.

MagitekElite

FFFFUUUUU
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    I was watching Pokemon, with Totodile and stuff, and Jesse mentioned chasing him for years, not just one, but years lol

He must be so old :P

(sorry for late reply. I lost the link to the forum and then forgot my password lol)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back