• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Ask a fact-checking Gardevoir!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
  • Do you have any other Pokemon friends besides Fairy the Sylveon?
    What has been the worst experience you've had fact-checking?
    How many days do I need to wait before I can ask you more questions? :p

Years
  • To Alex_Among_Foxes : l do! ReKoil the Glaceon, Lavender the Vaporeon, Roni the Crobat, and more on PC forums ; and on my workplace, I can especially mention the Alakazam who helped me make my special microphone, my Rotomera assistant, an alolan Ninetales and a Reuniclus!

The worst experience I had is when I tried fact-checking Hoopa's Pokédex entry. I tried to find that rumored castle this ruffian was said to have stolen with a treasure in it. Only for him to steal my microphone, forcing me to chase Hoopa for DAYS through his rings to finally get it back... and no castle, treasure or any reward at the end for all the trouble, only a snicker and poof! He was gone! Urgh!

You will have to wait for one eighty-six-thousand-four-hundredth of a day!

To Zaronji : I am not tired of anyone or anything! ^^
    If I become tired of something, a little Rest, 3 turns and I am back on the job, at 100%! ^^

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I was going to ask you more questions exacly 24 hours after my last set just to be specific to your previous answer, but I was away at the time and couldn't do it... (I cri)

Have you ever done any Roll-Plays? And specifically, as a human? If so, how did it feel to pretend to be human?
    What is your favorite non-sweet food?
    Have you ever considered a career in any field other than journalism?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my silly questions by the way. ^^ Let me know if I ever get too annoying, alright? :p

Years
  • To Alex_Among_Foxes : l have never done Role-Play sessions. I know they are great and filled with exciting moments, but I am not the kind to sit long in one place, when there are so many areas to explore and ancient secrets to unveil out there! I am a Pokémon of action!
    My favourite food outside of sweets ? A salad made of freshly discarded Oddish's leaves, Paras' mushrooms and a Lucky Egg!
    I have never really considered it. I had not thought much about it until I found my calling!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • What do you think of the new reaction? :love:
    What has been your favorite region you've traveled to for your work?
    If you could learn any move regardless of Typing/special appendage like wings etc, which would you pick?

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
  • Hi there,
    It happens to all of us, but have you ever been happy at being proven wrong in your fact checking duties? If so, what was the case?

Years
  • To SteCisGreendog : If you mean believing something to be true before fact-checking it, I do my best to keep in mind, without proof, that I can be wrong, and will only believe it, or not, after the fact-checking! Now, I also happened to conclude an investigation and write a report, only for a new event to come up and make it all wrong. I never like it when that happens, but that is part of the job! As for proving a Pokédex entry wrong, I am certainly happy that peeking under a Mimikyu's disguise did not cause me any misfortune (shaking uncontrollably for a whole day afterwards does not count!).

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • How do you deal with an occasional night of sleeplessness?
    How are things at your work when you aren't in the field fact checking?
    If you could visit any of the Pokemon who you fact checked in the past, who would you want to see again (the most)?

Years
  • To Alex_Among_Foxes : I use the Rest move! ^^
    It is mostly putting my fact-checking articles into shape, publishing them and looking for new article topics. All that with a regular glass of Oran Berry Juice of course!
    Mew! I will always fondly remember how it went from trying to fact-check his Pokédex entry to a game of chase and hide in his magic, toys and plushies filled playgroud-like home! He was such a cute and funny prankster! Hehe...

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Here, have even more questions! :p

1. Do you still keep in touch with your parents and their trainer?
    2. How did your parents/trainer/team react to you wanting to take up journalism?
    3. Was there ever a time when you considered following in their path of battle instead?

Years
  • To Alex_Among_Foxes : I do! I get back in my hometown between every few investigations, for the job but it also allows me to reunite and catch up with my family and their trainer!
    My parents supported me all the way on my path, saying there were several ways to do good things in the world, and their trainer was also supportive, and amused, saying it would be funny to count a Pokémon celebrity in the family!
    I did not. From the start, while the idea was thrilling, I was not interested in devoting myself to just battles.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • What is your favorite outfit that you've worn?
    If you could travel to another universe, which one would you choose and why?
    If you could bring anyone from another universe to you for a personal interview, who would you pick and why?

Back