• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA ask mercury anything

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Why Mercury and not another planet / d-block liquid metal?

Years
    heya Mercury!

what's your favorite species of frog and why?

Excellent question! If we have to decide from the groups of amphibians commonly called frogs, then my favorite is the African Dwarf Frog, or Hymenochirus, because it is a great easy frog to keep. Frogs desperately need humidity and having fully-aquatic frogs saves me the trouble of needing to monitor humidity levels. It does require me to check water conditions regularly, but I already do that with my fish anyway.
    If we're talking all members of the Anura Order that includes all frogs and toads (toads are considered a unique kind of frogs), then I'd go with the Cane Toad Rhinella marina. While it's not a desirable amphibian for Australians, it's proven itself to be the most hardy and prolific frog and can hold its own as predator and prey in a world that is sadly suffering from the effects of climate change, habitation loss, and dreaded predation and illnesses.

Why Mercury and not another planet / d-block liquid metal?
    I chose Mercury primarily because I now keep a lot of my folders on my PC and laptop organized based on Roman gods that would be expected to preside over what the files are for. Mercury is the Roman god of messages, travelers, and luck (among his many varied roles), which best translates to being social media/messaging apps/web forums, travel and retail/re-sale websites, and video games. I figured I'd stick with using Mercury for places like this as well, and then build from there.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    If you had the funding to own any exotic animal of your choice, what would it be and why?

What are the names of your pets?

Years
    If you had the funding to own any exotic animal of your choice, what would it be and why?

What are the names of your pets?
    Really interested in axolotls as well as chinchillas. I'm a little intimidated about keeping them as they need special care.

Heidi is the Norwegian Forest Cat that I adopted. I haven't named any of my fish, snails or frogs yet though. I named a mystery snail and an African Clawed Frog that I had gotten last year, sadly both passed away before 2020 ended, so I'm a bit hesitant to name my new frogs, fish and snails. I'm also keeping a ferret for someone until they can travel to their country with her, but I don't claim her as my pet.
    was the hop into it a frog pun
    ofc it is, always expect the puns

Years
    If you could have any title you like after your name, such as Mercury the Great or Mercury the Froggiest etc. What would you choose?

Years
    • Seen today
    I sort of recognize your picture as Camofrog from Animal Crossing

Do you have a favorite animal crossing game?

Years
    New Horizons is my favorite, but I've only played that and New Leaf, aha
    The cranky villagers are awesome in Wild World! It's glitchy compared to the later games, but it's oh so awesome!

Do you go for a town full of frogs, or do you like to mix it up? 🐸

Years
    The cranky villagers are awesome in Wild World! It's glitchy compared to the later games, but it's oh so awesome!

Do you go for a town full of frogs, or do you like to mix it up? 🐸

I wish the cranky villagers were as viciously scathing now as they were back then, honestly.

I mix it up! I have only one frog in my town right now. I may decide to change my mind and try to get an all-frog town later on. I do miss Ribbot, but Camofrog is cool for right now.

Years
    • Age 21
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    When you have lots of tasks to do and no motivation, do you eat the frog? does the frog eat you? do you eat each other? :thonk:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 21
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I'm not sure what this question is asking

It was a pun all along :P
    Large explanation
    Spoiler:

So, do you eat the frog? Does the frog eat you?

Years
    It was a pun all along :P
    Large explanation
    Spoiler:

So, do you eat the frog? Does the frog eat you?

Ah, it was worded strangely.

I do a bit of both.
    A whiteboard helps me to finish tasks, but I need encouragement from other people to do things sometimes, as well.

Back