• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2016
    AstroTenor, go to www.pgoiv.com - play around with it first. You'll get an idea what IV is all about.

Perfect 100% iv eevee is rare. It has rate 0 lowest to 15 highest of Attack, Defense, and HP. 100% is 15/15/15. Like what xShibbyx said, 85% and up is good. "IV" stand for Individual Value, hidden stats.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Thanks Pokemon86. Cool site. Look what I found:

poke genie - auto iv calculator for pokemon go

Direct from the screen shot and very similar to pgoiv. Now this is REALLY fun! No more random power ups and evolutions for me.
    THANKS ALL!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    Question about dragon-types...

What's the best alternative (or should I say most effective) non-dragon-type pokemon should I use against the likes of the Dragonites, Gyarados, and Lapras pokemon?

My guess would be Vaporeon on Dragonites and Flareon/Magmar/Vaporeon against Gyarados/Lapras.

(I'm level 24 and I don't have any dragon-types to combat other dragon-types. I did find a Snorlax in the wild, but its CP is 924)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    What's the best alternative (or should I say most effective) non-dragon-type pokemon should I use against the likes of the Dragonites, Gyarados, and Lapras pokemon?

My guess would be Vaporeon on Dragonites and Flareon/Magmar/Vaporeon against Gyarados/Lapras.

(I'm level 24 and I don't have any dragon-types to combat other dragon-types. I did find a Snorlax in the wild, but its CP is 924)

Against Dragonite, Clefable with Moonblast or Lapras.
    Gyarados and Lapras aren't Dragon Types, but are water types. Use your best electric types against them. Raichu is good for offense, or Magneton for Defense.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Ok so I'm In for the long run. With that being said I started late with pokemon go. I'm at lvl 16 and I want to know from the lvl 25+ should I save all my candies for 25+ when I have 500cp+ base pokemon to evolve and then go have fun at gyms since everyone else will be slowing down lvling and I'm all caught up? I'm getting 400+ evee consistent now. And I want a jolteon bad. But not if next week I'll be catching 800+ evee

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    App crashes

There are good and bad days but today my game is unplayable... What is with the game crashing every time I try to complete and action? Recently it just crashes when I open gyms, haven't gotten into a gym in weeks. Now today I can't do anything. It's getting old. I've tried all the install uninstall crap. When will they address this? Is there an official forum where they answer customers questions? I've emailed support on July 16 and have not received a reply yet. Getting kinda mad over here... Any ideas? I have made in game purchases, I wish they ha led customer service.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    im not convinced with Raichu, its HP is too low to survive for too long, try using a Machamp against Lapras especially if you can get one with Karate Chop and Cross Chop

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Lapras with Frost Breath + Blizzard a great option. Old Gyarados with Dragon Breath + Dragon Pulse (no longer obtainable) an alternative. Vaporeon doesn't learn Ice attacks and is ineffective against Dragonite.

Raichu is a piece of paper. Exeggutor a strong option against Gyarados. Lapras is very strong. Best option previously was Rock Throw Omastar, but that's no longer obtainable.

Or just get your own Dragonite. Seriously.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    been using a slowbro a lot. its currently maxed out at 2104 cp with 143 hp, it regularly beats dragonites in 2000~2400 cp. yesterday, i beat a 2500 cp dragonite with it. its very good against lapras and exeggutors too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2016
    Thanks for the responses!

I would like a Dragonite... Just no dratinis around me.

I haven't fought a Dragonite yet, but I think I'll keep throwing pokemon at it until it dies.

I've been using Vileplume (Solar Beam) and Clefable (Moonblast) against Lapras and Gyarados.

My Slowbro has bad IVs and has the moveset Confusion and Ice Beam...

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
    Error?

I keep getting the red thing at the top that says "Error" I have 4g/wifi, in fact I noticed it whist on wifi and also have gps signal, it only appears as I click on a pokemon I encounter then I get the errror message and the pokemon disapears. Anyone else having this problem?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Pokemon spawn for 30 minutes and then despawn, and later something else spawns.

Under lure models, pokemon spawn for only 5 minutes, then they despawn and the next pokemon spawns.

You get the "error" thing when you manage to click a pokemon that is not supposed to be there because it already despawned. I guess its a symptom of server instability.

Illusionss

Banned
    Years
    Pokemon spawn for 30 minutes and then despawn, and later something else spawns.

Under lure models, pokemon spawn for only 5 minutes, then they despawn and the next pokemon spawns.

You get the "error" thing when you manage to click a pokemon that is not supposed to be there because it already despawned. I guess its a symptom of server instability.

It happened over and over again with Pokemon that have just spawned in

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    It happened over and over again with Pokemon that have just spawned in

Oh. That sucks.

Speculating..... I see two possible reason, maybe the time of your phone was set wrong so that there was a big time difference between the clock in your phone and the server time. Or the servers were unstable and messed up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Ok so I'm In for the long run. With that being said I started late with pokemon go. I'm at lvl 16 and I want to know from the lvl 25+ should I save all my candies for 25+ when I have 500cp+ base pokemon to evolve and then go have fun at gyms since everyone else will be slowing down lvling and I'm all caught up? I'm getting 400+ evee consistent now. And I want a jolteon bad. But not if next week I'll be catching 800+ evee

Keep all the candy for all the rare pokemon.

But with the common pokemon, you just keep getting the candy, you will evolve many of them over time, and one of the absolute best way to get XP and to level up is to save up 60 evolutions, and to then use a lucky egg to do 60 evolutions in 30 minutes. That is 60000 experience, even more if new pokedex entries are added. So there will be much stuff that you will be evolving just for the XP and send it away afterwards.

Also make sure to use the appraisal feature to check if you get any 100% IV pokemon, these are so rare that they are worth keeping even if they are low level. You can evolve these even if they are small, because if they get a good moveset, it may be worth it to later use stardust to power them up all the way.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years

Keep all the candy for all the rare pokemon.

But with the common pokemon, you just keep getting the candy, you will evolve many of them over time, and one of the absolute best way to get XP and to level up is to save up 60 evolutions, and to then use a lucky egg to do 60 evolutions in 30 minutes. That is 60000 experience, even more if new pokedex entries are added. So there will be much stuff that you will be evolving just for the XP and send it away afterwards.

Also make sure to use the appraisal feature to check if you get any 100% IV pokemon, these are so rare that they are worth keeping even if they are low level. You can evolve these even if they are small, because if they get a good moveset, it may be worth it to later use stardust to power them up all the way.

I agree, though with the caveat of: remember that a Pokemon with the best possible moveset is better than a Pokemon with the best possible IVs, all other things being equal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    I had that 2 weeks ago and then my game went right back to the beginning. I was so upset everything gone including my pikachu .after panicking for a while it just suddenly sorted itself! Very very odd.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    It's also worth notting that a Pokémon with perfect IVs is a lot more rare than a Pokémon with the best moveset.

assuming that each different IV combination has equal chance then 1 in 3375, even getting a pokemon with 44/45 IVs is about 1 in 844 and for 43/45 IVs then alround 1 in 338 chance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    i find i usually get errors with pokemon that would have despawned but for some reason spawn after their time

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    It's also worth notting that a Pokémon with perfect IVs is a lot more rare than a Pokémon with the best moveset.

True, but by "better" I meant in practicality. In an ideal world you would have both, but if you can't manage to get both, strong damage per second moves will turn the tide of battle more than a fraction of a percent stronger stats. You feel me?

Back