• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] ASM hacking help

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
  • First of all I want to let you all know that I am a complete rookie when it comes to ASM hacking. I just followed my first ever tutorial on it, trying to learn and understand how it works.
    (I followed This tutorial)

Ok so, I followed everything it said. I put the activation script at offset 0x750020 and put the de-activation script at 0x75013C.

My script looks like this, as it should according to the tut:
    Spoiler:

I also put the palette code into 0x750000.
    However, when I load up the rom, it appears like this:
    Spoiler:

The text is transparent, and the textbox is half-transparent'ish.
    As I said earlier, the solution might (and possibly will) be a really easy one and it wouldn't surprise me if it is caused by a stupid mistake on my part, because I am an absolute rookie in ASM hacking but I'm very eager to learn it with so many new things to add-in :)

Thanks in advance,
    Edward Newgate.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    My guess would be that you messed up repointing the palette somehow, and the game is instead using the default palette.

Back