• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen At what level should we battle?

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
  • My friend and I bought the VC versions of Gold and Silver, and we're looking forward to battle semi-competitively once we have a good team. However, we also might want to keep using our team Pok?mon in-game, which means they'll gain experience and the levels will be unevenly distributed. I know training all Pok?mon to level 100 is most likely the standard, but that's kind of a pain to do, so we agreed to clone our team Pok?mon once they got to a certain level. We could use the clone to battle with, and keep using the other one for the story.

However, we don't know yet what exactly that level should be. My first idea was 50, since later generations change it to that, but of course some moves and evolutions (such as Dragonair to Dragonite) happen later. What would be the best level to play at?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ultimately it is up to you! I do suggest that you perhaps go with 100, yes it's a pain but you can have more fun during the game play by sticking with the same tried and true team. You can always do some Rare Candy cloning to help you speed up the process though :)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Considering I beat Red with level 55-65 Pok?mon, it is very hard to further level up your Pok?mon after 60. I think 65 is a good level.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Always go to 100...It just sucks because GSC are the worst games for level grinding...But if you try having amnesia after each go through of the Elite Four, it might not seem so bad...

Back