• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Australian Open

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    With us deep into the first month of the year, follows one of the best sporting events in the realm of tennis: The Australian Open. Being the first of the major Grand Slam tournaments, the Australian Open offers players a chance to battle for glory in what is guaranteed to be a hot, dry, Summer.

So what are your thoughts for this year? Who do you think will take out the championships? Any favourite players you've enjoyed watching/return?

For me, I'd say one of my favourite matches was Nadal vs Verdasco. You always know you're going to be watching a long and exciting match whenever these two face each other; especially after their ~5 hour game in 2009. Such a shame Nadal was knocked out in the first round this year! It was definitely a bombshell. I suppose Verdasco got some revenge though. I'm looking forward to tracking his progress throughout the tournament. In regards to other players, I'm hoping Nick Kygrios can push himself to reach at least the semi-finals, and I really do hope Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic bomb out soon haha. I'm not a fan of either of them. Let's hope Federer can win a title!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    After Nadal's absolute superhero record against Verdasco prior to his loss, I assume when they met at the net, Verdasco whispered:
    Australian Open

Obviously rooting for Federer. It's gotta be approaching. He's gotta have a win this year! Haha. Him or Wawrinka would be good for me. Or Hewitt in his final Slam. Not a Kyrgios fan though. Bad attitude this last year makes me have no desire to see him win. If I was gonna pick a dark horse, maybe Monfils. As long as it isn't Djoker.

Women's side...Lisicki is my girl still. She's got the ability, but not the luck. I'm really not as into women's tennis lately (seriously, world #3 is Muguruza!?) so I don't know all the women or their talents right now. Radwanska has a shot. I like Halep - can't believe she's still #2 though. Maybe Bencic. Anyone but Azarenka.

Bay

Years
    So I just finished watching the Wawrinka and Raonic match (4th round), and Raonic won in five sets: 6-4, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-3. Wanted Warinka to win, ah well. It was still a cool match to watch.

I'll admit I haven't paid much attention to the women players except for Serena Williams, haha. Been a fan of hers for a long while, though I should remedy that and check out the other female players.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Serena will hopefully win it. I'm really not a fan of hers, but I cannot stand Azarenka in any way, shape, or form. She is terrible. Her owl hooting as she hits the ball drives me nuts and her "dabbing" is obnoxious. So if it means Azarenka not winning, I'm content with Serena winning. I don't really know who else I'd want to win. Maybe someone who's not won yet, like Radwanska, Kerber, or even a random winner would be cool.

The men's side...I'll take Federer firstly still. But if not him, Nishikori would be cool. Raonic as well. :P So sad for Stan! But he just wasn't there to win it, it seems.

Years
    So, women's final had a shocker... Angelique Kerber has defeated Serena Williams 6-4, 3-6, 6-4.

I have to admit, I never expected Kerber to win it but it's nice to see a fresh face winning rather than the top guns for a change. Next up, the final between Murray and Djokovic.

Bay

Years
    I was watching the Serena and Kerber match, but I then fell asleep around the second set as it was around 2am my time, lol. While a part of me would actually like to see Serena break the Glam Slam record, I can understand other people wanting the other women getting the spotlight, and I'm happy Kerber got that moment.

Years
    Apparently Kerber is likely to get as high as No.2 in the world rankings with this success. Maybe this'll put her as a future threat now hehehe

Anyways, expecting Djokovic to win tonight's match but if Murray wins I'll take that as well.

Back