• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

avatars courtesy of Adobe Photoshop ^^

Years
    well... I'm experimenting making avatars by Photoshop... ^^ here's some results

btw, they don't work unless you have Adobe Photoshop

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Why don't you save them as JPEGs? Just curious. o.o;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    When you make them, click Save as... then choose JPEG from the drop-down menu for file type. ^_^;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    No problem. If you need it hosted for some reason, ask me. ^_^

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    She was only trying to help. Now that he knows how to save it the basic way, she may have thought he would be interested in save for web.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Let's get back to commenting on his art, we don't want flames.

That banner looks nice! How long did it take? ^_^;

Years
    ack... I don't want any flames in my threads... Fire already passed my house here in south cal...

anyway, that banner took me 4 hours to make.

Color refurbrishing, Picture search, Picture edit, Resizing and alot ^^

anyway, here's some of the art I turned to JPEGs

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
    Yes, Photoshop can indeed be a very, very powerful program once you get the hang of it all... I've been using it for years now... Combine the powers of Photoshop and Illustrator, and you can achive some ungodly beautiful effects with them. I mean, how else do you think I made my avatars? ;)
    I just can't wait to get Adobe CS though... (the CS stands for 'creative suite' or something like that) It's like the MS Office and the new Macromedia products... The main programs are all bundled together for ultra-easy use and incredible interactivity between them... Which means that I can take my AI files from Illustrator immediately over to Photoshop in just a few clicks... and probably retain most of the layer data within them...

BTW, what's your method for getting extractions? Do you use the Extract command, or do you just outline what you want with the lasso tool? I personally make my outline with paths, then make a selection of that... so much more control that way...

For example, here's the original take of my current avatar, at half the original size, 300x300 (my 600x600 version was too big, even when zipped)... You'll need Photoshop to open it...

Last edited:

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    Well, I have learn alot about photoshop by playing around. (aspecially when want to use the align freature under layers). It's a very simple program to make stuff like wallpapers, images, banners, and avatars.

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
    I use it to make high resolution realistic textures for a retexture project for Quake 2 (an old, but violent game)
    Though I use it for all kinds of general-purpose image editing as well... MS Paint makes me sick (I loathe that program), and I can't get the hang of PSP... I'll even use PS to edit out a couple of pixels...

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I download it, but when I remembered it, the trail was already over. XD; Great work, oni_flygon! ;D

Back