• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Bank Number

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
  • hello guys, I am now learning Battle Script and I encountered a tad problem.
    Bank 0 is the target and Bank 1 is the user, what if I am in a double battle?
    What is the Bank number of the player's first and second pokemon and opponent's first and second pokemon.

I tried bank 0x2 and Bank 0x3 but nothing happened.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Banks 2 and 3 are the defender's ally and the attacker's ally respectively. What commands are you using that this is not working for?

Lance32497

Years
  • Banks 2 and 3 are the defender's ally and the attacker's ally respectively. What commands are you using that this is not working for?

Jumpifability
    I am trying to make an attack that when the user hits the target, the target's partner's Attack will decrease by one stage.

And.. Is there a way to check whether you are in double battle?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Jumpifability
    I am trying to make an attack that when the user hits the target, the target's partner's Attack will decrease by one stage.

And.. Is there a way to check whether you are in double battle?

Why are you checking ability for that? Looking at the code for jumpifability, I see no reason why it shouldn't be working. Maybe it's an error in your script?

Also you can check for double battle by checking the battle flags bitfield. This is at 02022B4C in FireRed. Bit 0 is the double battle flag, so a double battle check would be something like "jumpifword 4 0x02022B4C 1 JUMPHEREIFDOUBLEBATTLE". Jumpifword mode 4 is bitwise AND so you can check if the first bit is set like that

Lance32497

Years
  • Why are you checking ability for that? Looking at the code for jumpifability, I see no reason why it shouldn't be working. Maybe it's an error in your script?

Also you can check for double battle by checking the battle flags bitfield. This is at 02022B4C in FireRed. Bit 0 is the double battle flag, so a double battle check would be something like "jumpifword 4 0x02022B4C 1 JUMPHEREIFDOUBLEBATTLE". Jumpifword mode 4 is bitwise AND so you can check if the first bit is set like that

ah I made a mistake, it should be, if the target's partner has an ability Blaze, Torrent or Overgrow, it's attack will be decreased. Perhaps there's something wrong in my script. Thank you for the reply.

Back