• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Based on the [insert media here]

pkmin3033

Do you play video games that are based off of other forms of media such as books, movies, or anime? Has a game ever motivated you to try the media it is based off, or vice versa? Is there any particular media, be it a book or a TV series or anime or something else, that you'd like to see made into a video game? If so, what sort of game would you like to see?

Where the hell is Precure Musou

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    First thing that comes to mind is South Park: The Stick of Truth - I was never an avid South Park watcher before that, but when the game came out and everyone was talking about it, I wanted to play it, and because I wanted to get the references in the game I ended up binging and loving the show.

The Walking Dead was an interesting one for me - I played the game with no knowledge of the show, then later wanted to see the show it was based on but I just couldn't get into it at all. Still loved season 1 of the game though.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Most games based on media seem like cash grabs but there some good ones like the Rocksteady Batman games. But I was already a fan of Batman before that

Years
    • Seen today
    One of my favorite games was Madagascar for Playstation 2, then I watched the movie, and it was okay.

Also one of my favorite game series is Hitman, but I strongly dislike both of the movies.

Back