• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • I cannot remember Jordan's Pokemon, and I am finding it hard to go on with him. I forgot the story I was writing for him. I'll just submit a new SU?

WIP

Begin Again (OOC)

Alaine Deschamps

Male || 27 y.o. || Laverre City, Kalos

Interests and goals:

Alaine Deschamps is a social scientist, graduating as cum laude from his university in Kalos after taking up four years of a degree in linguistics. Upon graduation, he decided to travel the world in order to actually see how language evolved from one place to another instead of just learning about it inside the classroom. He already had finished his travels in Kalos, Unova, and Hoenn in a span of four-years. He decided to take Kanto next with the hopes of having easy access to Johto. This decision was based on the premise that the Kantonese language is very quite similar to Johtonese as the two regions are literally side-by-side. It would be a change of pace for Alaine as he had studied isolated regions for quite some time. Learning the language would prove beneficial to his study. Also, while learning the language, he also wants to take in the sights. This has been proven by the photographs he took from the regions he previously visited.

Currently, he has no plans on becoming a Pokemon trainer. His Slowbro was a gift from his dad when he entered college, and it was still a Slowpoke back then. It only evolved during his travels because simply of necessity. The amount of wild Pokemon battles the dup have underwent forced the Pokemon to evolve. Nonetheless, Alaine possesses no badges and his movements are only permitted in between areas because of special permits. His mind might change, depending on the circumstances, but he is leaning on his decision of not becoming a Pokemon trainer.

Family:

Alaine Deschamps was born into a rich family. In fact, his father is one of the biggest stakeholders with the Pokeball Company. His mother was a trainer but was forced into being a housewife when Alaine was born. Nonetheless, both of his parents was happy with their lives. Alaine had a younger sister, three years younger than him. When Alaine was five, his mother died from a tragic accident, leaving him and his siblings to their father. His father was devastated but for the love he bore his children he endured. He continued the company and have steadily grown rich.

Despite being the son of a rich man, Alaine was not a spoiled kid. He learned that if he wanted something, he must earn it and not let others just give it to him. He did not show any love for Pokemon training when he was young which delighted his father. He though he could convince Alaine to take up the mantle of business managing but was disappointed to learn that Alaine had other interests in mind. His sister did not develop the love for business managing either. Instead, she became a trainer. Despite his disappointment, their father still supports the two of them in both their endeavours.

Currently, Alain's father resides in Kalos while his sister is traveling around the world gathering badges.

Strengths:

Alaine is an overall likeable person. People who have interacted with him described him as 'jolly,' 'amiable,' 'amicable,' and 'the best person I have ever known.' He is rarely offensive to people as he knows when is the proper time to speak his mind or the perfect time to shut his mouth. He is a real gentleman to ladies and a true brother to the guys. He rarely shouts and is equally patient towards all people. He is, more often than not, passive when it comes to arguments but still has a way of winning it as he can easily defend his thoughts. He is never afraid to admit that he is wrong if proven though.

Being fluent in multiple languages might have helped this as studies show that people tend to trust other people who speaks their native language. Alain has an excellent command of his Kali and Unovan language, is fluent in the grammar and vocabulary of Kantonese and Hoennese, and is fair in his use of Sinnish and Johtonese. Having Erwann, his Slowbro, around might have also helped in his general aura of amicability.

Weaknesses:

Alaine is quite the forgetful person. In fact, despite being a traveler for a few years already, he finds it hard to memorize street names, city names, and even landmarks. He only survives by asking around with the locals where things are. He is not good with maps and analyzing directions. With his personal things, he also forgets where he puts things especially when he is staying in a place for a long time. He is a severely disorganized person.

Also, despite battling countless wild Pokemon battles, Alaine is not a good Pokemon trainer. He fails to see type advantages when it is there, employs the crudest battle techniques, and doesn't know how to properly estimate the time to throw a Pokeball. Because of his lack of training skill, he never had any badges despite having traveled three regions already. Erwann, his Slowbro, despite being a viable Pokemon, also lacks the reaction time needed for quick battles. Like trainer, like Pokemon.

Starter Pokémon:

Begin Again (OOC)

"Erwann" M
    - Slack Off
    - Scald
    - Thunder Wave
    - Ice Beam

Last edited:

jombii

Years
  • Alaine will definitely be battling gym leaders. However, I might linger for quite a while in Pewter before proceeding. I'm still thinking on how to force Alaine so that there will be no choice for him except to take up the gym challenge.

Although I might be submitting a co-player, his sister which will force the duo to travel together. I'm still undecided.

Years
  • Alaine will definitely be battling gym leaders. However, I might linger for quite a while in Pewter before proceeding. I'm still thinking on how to force Alaine so that there will be no choice for him except to take up the gym challenge.

Although I might be submitting a co-player, his sister which will force the duo to travel together. I'm still undecided.

Well you are accepted.
    However please note that new players will be starting at the entrance to Mt. Moon right now, not in Pewter City. If you would like him to not have completed a battle against Brock that's fine though, you'll just need to make time to revisit.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Eyyy! So after my month long hiatus (during which I watched SAO, Deathnote, and code geaas with all my spare time xD) I would like to return to Delta's story. I did leave off at a cliffhanger (Mystery caller warns about Team Rocket going to steal a prototype device, have 3 hours to stop them, Oddball takes a month off.

Anyway, above is my original (and first ever) SU. So... Yeah. I'll wait for confirmation before I post, but it might take me awhile to write the post anyway. I've got a lot of reading to do.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Eyyy! So after my month long hiatus (during which I watched SAO, Deathnote, and code geaas with all my spare time xD) I would like to return to Delta's story. I did leave off at a cliffhanger (Mystery caller warns about Team Rocket going to steal a prototype device, have 3 hours to stop them, Oddball takes a month off.

Anyway, above is my original (and first ever) SU. So... Yeah. I'll wait for confirmation before I post, but it might take me awhile to write the post anyway. I've got a lot of reading to do.

I don't think I ever remove you, so go ahead xD

jombii

Years
  • I see. I'll have to do that after the gym circuit. Anyway, might have a post up sometime this weekend. :) Thank you!

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • I'm finally done crafting my post.

Sorry it took so long, I had other priorities. What with my finals just around the corner, other Role Plays, and not to mention school projects... Thankfully, I'll still be here, no matter how long it takes to finish my character's journey.

Years
  • I'm finally done crafting my post.

Sorry it took so long, I had other priorities. What with my finals just around the corner, other Role Plays, and not to mention school projects... Thankfully, I'll still be here, no matter how long it takes to finish my character's journey.

Nicely done!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Alrighty! My return is final, the next chapter is up, and Zakk has reached Cerulean and begun to cross the Nugget Bridge. I'll begin planning the next chapter now :)

jombii

Years
  • I have an idea. Can I SU again with Jordan and have him accompany Alaine throughout his journey? This way, Alaine can still not battle gym leaders, as Jordan will be doing that for him. It's fine if I can't. I already have something that will make Alaine battle but I'd rather not do it as it seemed a little out of the blue.

jombii

Years
  • Sign me up!

Name: Jordan Kaleel Jr.

Hometown: Saffron City, Kanto

Appearance:

Begin Again (OOC)

Disclaimer: I do not own the artwork. I found this by searching "rich boy pokemon" on google images. :)

Interests and goals: Jordan is a kid who grew up having expensive hobbies. His main interest was stone-collecting. When he was a child, one of his rich uncles gave him an Everstone for his birthday. The child was fascinated by how the stone looks and how it suppresses a Pokemon's capability to evolve. Since then, he uses his allowance money into buying more stones, a hobby his parents' thinks to be useless. He had amassed a huge collection of common stones, like Hard Stone and the evolutionary stones, but he has a few rare ones like a piece of Old Amber.

While he has no intention of really becoming a trainer, his family pushed him too much, as each of them had been great trainers during their prime and it is hight time for Jordan to take on the Kaleel tradition. He thought of the journey as a bigger opportunity for him to collect the rarer stones. In fact, he though he might as well scourge the region for the Mega Evolution stones and collect them.

Family: Jordan Kaleel Jr. is the youngest among the four offsprings of Jordan and Maria Kaleel, one of the biggest stockholders in the Silph Co. Ever since he was a child, he never experienced hardships in life, financially speaking. His family had been well-off, primarily because of the determination and hardwork of his grandfather. His siblings, two brothers and one sister, were professionals in their respective fields. The oldest became a doctor and is working overseas. The second one, the sister, is a gym leader in Hoenn, the third in their family, and the one before Jordan is an electrical engineer, working in the Kanto Powerplant.

Strengths: Jordan Kaleel Jr., on the whole scheme of things, is a huge optimist. He believes that, given the right effort and time, everything will turn out to be fine and right in the end. This personality of his seemed to be his driving force in his belief that he can collect all of the Mega Stones in his hands during his journey. Hey, he had the time and the proper motivation to exert the effort, so what could go wrong?

Also, he is a social person, such that he loves being with people. Being raised in a rich family forced him to talk to various people his parents introduced him to. He developed the right etiquette and tact for such social gatherings, especially among the wealthy. He kept on telling himself that once this adventure started, he could use his learnings for the general masses.

Weaknesses: He is vain man. Jordan believes that among his peers (and that is a lot of peers), he thinks he is the best in any field. While he is right most of the time, people who meet him for the first time seems to be annoyed with him, with his air of superiority. However, this is partly because of his wealthy upbringing, being forced to compete for the best spot in the world of the best.

Emotions easily get hold of Jordan. He is quick to anger and prone to crying. He has a short temper for some people, and most people have short temper for him, especially those who doesn't know him on a personal level. Smallest things annoy him. He gets itchy when things go wrong. He say the most hurtful things when he is angry or sad.

Starter pokémon:
    Begin Again (OOC)

Goomy (M)
    ~ Bubble
    ~ Absorb
    ~ Protect
    ~ Tackle

Here's my SU! And here's my current team!

On hand:

Goomy (M) Goo
    Protect/ Bubble/ Absorb/ Tackle/ Dragonbreath
    Nidorino (M) Nido
    Leer/ Peck/ Double Kick/ Tackle/ Poison Sting
    Zubat (F) Zub
    Supersonic/ Leech Life/ Astonish
    Ekans (F) Eka
    Poison Sting/ Wrap/Leer/Bite

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen yesterday
    Here's my SU! And here's my current team!

On hand:

Goomy (M) Goo
    Protect/ Bubble/ Absorb/ Tackle/ Dragonbreath
    Nidoran (M) Nido
    Leer/ Peck/ Double Kick/ Tackle/ Poison Sting
    Zubat (F) Zub
    Supersonic/ Leech Life/ Astonish
    Ekans (F) Eka
    Poison Sting/ Wrap/Leer/Bite

I do remember you had Nidorino and not Nidoran Male.

jombii

Years
  • really?

Oh well, must have mixed that up. It says in the RP pad that I had a Nidoran, and I knew I have always updated that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Alright. I admit, this one was a little rushed. I lacked the inspiration for this part, and wanted to get it out of the way, to move towards the plot a bit more. That and it's been bugging me all week and now it's ten to midnight and I wanted to finish it lmao. The struggles of having a million and one things to attend to with GT coming up.

Years
  • Alright. I admit, this one was a little rushed. I lacked the inspiration for this part, and wanted to get it out of the way, to move towards the plot a bit more. That and it's been bugging me all week and now it's ten to midnight and I wanted to finish it lmao. The struggles of having a million and one things to attend to with GT coming up.

I know that feeling my friend haha

Back