• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Bella-awesome?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So in RBY you are introduced to the Oddish line. Then boom, GSC turns that on its head and gives Gloom an alternate evolution: Bellossom.

Bella-awesome?

It's beautiful, it's sweet and it needs the sun (stone) to evolve.

What did you think of Bellossom? Do you think it could have worked as a standalone Pokemon? Did you ever use it on your team?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    By standalone you mean like non evolving single staged like Skarmory? Yeah, Bellossom could work as a stand alone, it looks a lot different than the Oddish line. Sucks that most people don't care for it, but I think it's cool.

I never used one in any team currently, battle wise I think it needs better stats, moves and in later generations, ability, to not be outclassed by other grass types. But older Pokemon get the short end of the stick.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    It's cute, but I think it's get smaller when it evolves? It's actually smaller than an Oddish which is kinda odd. Anyways, I caught a shiny Oddish early, in Ilex forest in SoulSilver, and evolved it into Bellossom. Served me well the whole game. :) I prefer Lilligant, but Bellossom is not bad either with access to Quiver Dance as well now.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've actually never evolved a Bellossom myself and I still find it a bit illogical that that evolves from a Gloom. Oh well, I'm sure it's a good Pokémon.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Oh my gosh I completely FELL IN LOVE with this Pokemon when it was introduced, considering I've always been a huge girly girl. Surprisingly enough I never actually used it on my team! I think it was because I was always too lazy to get a sun stone lol. I'd probably use on on a playthrough now though. :3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I don't think I've used one on a main team yet either. I should do that the next time I replay Gen II.

Though with Pokémon Online I've been using random Pokémon, and Bellossom happened to be one of them for awhile. She didn't win many battles, but she didn't win none either. <3

Years
    I haven't used Bellossom on a main team yet, but I have on a rotated team. It's actually an adorable Pokemon and definitely one of my fave Grass-type Pokemon designs.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    It could pretty much work as a standalone pokemon, especially in Alola, I mean, it has this hawai-ish look.

My thought's on it? It's cute! And even though users here state that it is outclassed by other grass types, I'd still use it, I prefer my faves over pokemon that are better.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Why would anyone evolve their Gloom into a Bellossom when Vileplum is so much better? Just teasing, to each their own. I actually do like Bellossom's design, but Vileplum is such a badass that I always end up choosing to use Leaf Stone over Sun Stone every time.

Back