• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Hacks That Have Been Abandoned/Forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    I bet most of the people around here never heard about it, but a hack worth mentioning is Midnight Hack (by Tauwasser and his team), which is in my opinion the most impressive pokemon hack.

poopydude

PKMN Master
    Years
  • I am very surprised only two people mentioned Zel's Masterpiece Shiny Gold. I always wondered if there would ever be a possible way to finnish it. and even though there not rom hacks there are a few games in the showcase that sounded pretty impressive before they were canned

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I am listing these games in order of how much i miss the them lower the number the more i miss the game they are also the top 5
    1. Pokemon marble
    2. Pokemon Shiny gold
    3. pokemon Genesis
    4 pokemon toxic purple.
    5. pokemon nanarja

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I am very surprised only two people mentioned Zel's Masterpiece Shiny Gold. I always wondered if there would ever be a possible way to finnish it. and even though there not rom hacks there are a few games in the showcase that sounded pretty impressive before they were canned
    Well you can say that Shiny Gold never was and will be forgotten =)
    Maybe abandoned but surely not forgotten =)
    And we can always hope that Zel might finish it =)

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
  • i would have to say pokemon shining opal...my first hack rom i ever played and it was the first sprite fusion i saw so i loved it.. still my fav today

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2012
    Sienna was the best. Manipulation, I kind of hate you a little for not finishing it. lol. Im still curious about all of the cool things you were going to add, like day/night and all of your other secrets... :(

Toxic Purple was really good too.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Pokemon White was a revelation to mapping. i my opinion no other hack presented such beautifully landscaped maps like PKMN white did. So its a shame that it was never finished

As for shiny gold its understandable that it stopped since SG HS came out. Zel musted of been crushed when he heard the news. Nevertheless the hacking community will always honor his valiant effort.

Sienna nvr played it but I heard it was AWESOME. so shame Manipulation nvr finished it I wonder why?

And its funny no one has ever attempted a hack of all regions. I mean lets be honest all of us had thought about this one time or another. Particularly when we started rom hacking. I know its a complicated idea but not even an effort? hmm....

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    Toxic Purple was going to be so awesome! Me and my friend were so happy to be able to work as TR. Naranja also seemed to be like awesome idea. I really loved it. But the best one was Shiny Gold. My friend still likes to play it from time to time. :/

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    PerlaNemesis said:
    Naranja also seemed to be like awesome idea. I really loved it.

Naranja was the first hack I played...and I was very sad when I discovered that the beta was over and it had been discontinued by its creator :'(

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I loved Naranja, Toxic Purple and Marble. And who remembers pokemon Zephyr, I remember seeing that hack and fell in love with it. And who remembers flame of rage?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Pokemon Moon/Sun ... I was really looking forward for that hack to be release .... but the creator stopped it .... :(

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Well I'm kind of a noob so I wasn't around for a lot of the older hacks and never went to play them because I'd be highly depressed when I hit a wall and find the game is over. (Except I played some Toxic Purple and couldn't bring myself to keep going and find it over)
    However I have seen a lot of potential fall through the cracks where they get a strong start and never get continued I can't even remember all of the ones this has been with and some don't even bring out betas.
    I'm not going to list any hoping they will continue out of no where

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back