• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Pokémon Special/Adventures saga?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pokémon Special or Pokémon Adventures as it's maybe usually called nowadays, has been going for many sagas now. We all have our favorites and least favorites. But if you try to be a bit objective for a while and really think about it - which saga is really the best one? In terms of characters, plot, style, featured pokémon, setting and so on. If you put your favorizing shades away and look with clear eyes on the different sagas, which one would you really consider the best made?

List of sagas

(I consider G/S/C to be one and the same, but D/P and Platinum to be somewhat separated)

Red & Blue(Green)

Yellow

Gold & Silver & Crystal

Ruby & Sapphire

FireRed & LeafGreen

Emerald

Diamond & Pearl

Platinum

HeartGold & SoulSilver

Black & White

... Or Black2 & White2 if you have read it yet?​

Years
  • I'd say Ruby-Sapphire. It has everything: romance, adventure, tragedy, drama, comedy... I didn't even play RSE and the RS arc stay with me more than FRLG. The rest had too much adventure except maybe DP which was pure comedy.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can agree with your reasoning. While I think the R/S arc was a bit rushed in places, it sure felt genuine in others. It was so dramatic and a lot of focus was put on the characters and their personal problems. The romances between Ruby and Saph, between Wallace and Winona, it was well written. Not to mention that this arc touches upon character death and father-son problems and gosh I need to read it again.

I've always said that G/S/C is my favorite arc because of all the wonderful characters in it and because of the deceit and cool battles. But I'll have to reevaluate my opinion after another re-read. I'm in the middle of the R/B/G saga atm ;)

Back