• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best Song in 3rd Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What's your favorite song in RSFRLGE? This includes all songs in the ROM, counting unused tracks.

For me, I guess the Sevii Island Theme. I loved the Lake of Rage song in GSC and it feels so nostalgic, it makes HGSS' version sound... horrific.

scotlineV3

I ♥ Krabby Patties (XDDDD)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2014
    WOW
    That song its cool too, i like that one!

My favorite of all is just one, the Final Battle theme on FireRed and LeafGreen!
    Its sounds so EPIC and COOL!!! and gives me the power to Kicks Gary´s White and Flat A**

XDDDDDDDD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • whoa, that is really epic. ;-;

Mt. Pyre Peak also has an epic theme (seriously, the start just screams of action), as does the Abandoned Ship's theme. Most of the city themes in Hoenn are really good in the sense that they provide great background music. They don't stick in your head, but they really feel right for the area and are just great for setting atmosphere, as are the forest and cave themes. The route themes, however, are just EPIC. They get higher and higher in epic level as you progress through the game, too.

However, I'm a sucker for epic piano pieces that evoke emotion. The SS. Anne remix in the Oceanic Museum is one of the best pieces I've ever heard. It made me feel nostalgic when Emerald was the first Pokemon game I ever played. ;-; Verandturf Town is probably my favourite, although Emerald's ending song just made me shiver. It was just such an awesome song that just made me god "damn, that game was fun" when I finished.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, actually I got my top 3-

Sevii Islands
    Champion (FRLG)
    Oceanic Museum

The third had the best remix of the S.S. Anne I've seen. Fourth is the Deoxys theme, duh.

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
    Years
  • I like the Pallet Town remix. It sounds like the normal one but it just sounds softer and nicer. But that Sevii Island music sounds really good too. It brings back the memories of playing Crystal. :D

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
  • Well if I had to whittle all of the songs just down to three I'd have to say third place would go to the Regi's Battle music because the syncopated notes and awesome bass gives you a thrill while battling. Second would be the Sevii Isle theme just due to the nostalgia it gives off and the new instruments introduced as well, making it a personal favorite. Final my most favorite song of third gen would have to be the Abandon Ship music from R/S/E. I'm just a sap for song with a sense of distress and sorrow.

Close follow-ups were; Mt. Pyre (Peak), Pallet Town, and the R/S/E Champion theme.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    My fav is Regi theme. FR/LG Champion theme is good too. And R/S/E Legendary theme.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • whoa, that is really epic. ;-;

Mt. Pyre Peak also has an epic theme (seriously, the start just screams of action), as does the Abandoned Ship's theme. Most of the city themes in Hoenn are really good in the sense that they provide great background music. They don't stick in your head, but they really feel right for the area and are just great for setting atmosphere, as are the forest and cave themes. The route themes, however, are just EPIC. They get higher and higher in epic level as you progress through the game, too.

However, I'm a sucker for epic piano pieces that evoke emotion. The SS. Anne remix in the Oceanic Museum is one of the best pieces I've ever heard. It made me feel nostalgic when Emerald was the first Pokemon game I ever played. ;-; Verandturf Town is probably my favourite, although Emerald's ending song just made me shiver. It was just such an awesome song that just made me god "damn, that game was fun" when I finished.

i swear, stole the words right out of my mouth.

Mt. pyre has AWESOME music and some of the remixes on youtube are just transcending! Abandoned ship is sad, ghostly kind of thing but meshes really well together

abandoned ship

Years
  • My Top 5:

1)Champion Gary (The best Champion theme)
    2)Sevii Islands (Awesome remix, better than GSC IMO)
    3)Team Aqua/Magma Grunt Battle (Very catchy and cool music)
    4)Hoenn E4 (Epic theme!)
    5)Abandoned Ship/SS Annie [Both calm and relaxing :) ]

Last edited:

Slowking Bro

Trainer of Underrated Pokemon
    Years
  • An Interesting Question Indeed

I'd have to say it boils down to the Team Aqua/Team Magma theme, the Archie/Maxie theme, the Route the 204 Theme, it sounds nice and majestic. Also, Victory Road, Elite Four battle, and Champion Battle. Last, but not least, Route 111.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I dunno. D: Probably the first route where you battle trainers, since that's the only one I can recall right now. It sounded somewhat peaceful (In Hoenn), though not a big fan of those games, so yeah.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Time for me to be lame and say the Credits, Rival Battle, Vendanturf Town music.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    I'd have to say that my favorite is the Lilycove music. I can't stop humming it when I'm bored. :D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    1. FRLG Champ theme, makes me want to destroy gary
    2. FRLG E4 theme, makes me feel like I'm getting the crap beat out of me and am going to make a comeback
    3. Archie Maxie Theme
    4. Frontier Brain Theme
    5. Battle Frontier theme, makes you want to win!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back