• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof's Beginner Mafia: An Intro Game [Mafia Wins!]

Mars

Lowlight
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    The mafia must've shot the vigilante, and the vigilante shot the fool. At least we took an anti town in the fool.
    Not exactly anti-town. The fool shares our wincon, they just wouldn't give a damn about getting lynched. Still a loss for us, considering who it was.

That being said, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts as well. If you can't think of anything, at least give us two people you find suspicious and why.

I propose cop should reveal themself if they have 2 confirmed report.

@Mars: How's easy money sniper looking so far?
    Null leaning scum. He was on board with GP's plan of lynching someone, but never actually casted a vote himself. He had a decent excuse for coasting by at first, but it isn't holding up now. Suggested that Neon should get lynched over Calzone, as well. Would like to hear his reasoning for not voting.

I do see one taking place right now, and that pressure vote hasn't been addressed yet, so I think I know who I am voting for at the end of the day.

Well, it's about an hour before I think the phase closes, so if you're intending to make a vote, might want to start thinking. As for me, most of the posts here were made to help people understand the game, so there's not a whole lot of information to work with. I have mostly neutral feelings towards the players in this game. There is one thing that I am trying to figure out, though, and it happened at the start of the Day phase. Only one kill was made, yet there are two killing night actions. So what happened was either:

[Lynch] impulse~
    Didn't think much of this before, since I thought the pressure vote you were referring to was GP's. So if I'm understanding this correctly, you:
    1) Expressed suspions towards Impulse for not acknowledging my vote.
    2) Didn't press her about it, and instead remaimed vague and claimed that you'd vote at the end.
    3) Stop by at the last hour, added some fluff about the vig shot and voted for her, who ended up being a townie.

Raises a ton of red flags, man. Seems like you were waiting for someone to sheep your vote.

[Vote] TailsMK4

So let's hear your defense.

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    100% not trying to protect him in any way, but Neon Sword seems to fall inactive in...every gave he joins. Calzone is normally a bit more active though, so there's that.

I'm going to [vote] Calzone for now and hope he comes back to the game with thoughts and opinions

Last person of interest is SawsChrome. I'm almost certain that there's at least one mafia amonst the three people who pushed for the lynch. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the other two and reasoning for voting.

Speaking of Cal. He hasn't been online since the 9th, so I'm considering his slot officially fucked.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm being 100% honest when I say I forgot to vote before the phase ended

Though I did plan on voting for Neon, and his sudden activity after being absent for all of the previous phase rubs me the wrong way.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • his sudden activity after being absent for all of the previous phase rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah it does for me too

I voted Cal in the hopes that he would come back and give us his reads and also the fact that Syn said he's usually more active than this and that he would post meaningless fluff and then disappear is a bit odd

Years
  • Didn't think much of this before, since I thought the pressure vote you were referring to was GP's. So if I'm understanding this correctly, you:
    2) Didn't press her about it, and instead remaimed vague and claimed that you'd vote at the end.
    3) Stop by at the last hour, added some fluff about the vig shot and voted for her, who ended up being a townie.

Raises a ton of red flags, man. Seems like you were waiting for someone to sheep your vote.

[Vote] TailsMK4

Two things.

[Vote] Impulse
    Merry Christmas. You check the thread often, but nothing ever comes out. I'll start with something easy: Do you think we should vote today?

THIS was the pressure vote I was referring to. You let off on this some time later, but impulse didn't exactly respond to this, which I thought seemed like she was trying to avoid the issue. I also had NO IDEA that impulse was actually the vig. I was simply doing a post explaining how the night kills work.

The other thing is that in real life my family was having a birthday celebration that night, so it wasn't until about an hour before the deadline that I was able to view the posts and be able to make a vote at that time. Normally I'd try to make my vote a little earlier so that the person I'm accusing has time to respond.

Regarding the game itself, impulse wasn't able to do much...but at least it makes the lynch vote just a tad safer to do. I also thought GP was being rather aggressive this game, and I guess being the fool was the reason. Neon is a person of interest to me, but I'll wait to see what happens throughout the day, as a vote for Neon may be unnecessary.

Last edited:

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Two things.
    Didn't think much of this before, since I thought the pressure vote you were referring to was GP's. So if I'm understanding this correctly, you:

[Vote] TailsMK4

THIS was the pressure vote I was referring to. You let off on this some time later, but impulse didn't exactly respond to this, which I thought seemed like she was trying to avoid the issue. I also had NO IDEA that impulse was actually the vig. I was simply doing a post explaining how the night kills work.

The other thing is that in real life my family was having a birthday celebration that night, so it wasn't until about an hour before the deadline that I was able to view the posts and be able to make a vote at that time. Normally I'd try to make my vote a little earlier so that the person I'm accusing has time to respond.

Regarding the game itself, impulse wasn't able to do much...but at least it makes the lynch vote just a tad safer to do. I also thought GP was being rather aggressive this game, and I guess being the fool was the reason. Neon is a person of interest to me, but I'll wait to see what happens throughout the day, as a vote for Neon may be unnecessary.
    Already acknowledged the fact that the impulse vote was the one you were talking about. And the reason that I mentioned your vig argument was because it was ridiculously out of place, not because I believed that you somehow knew she was the vig. The majority of your content was like that. Filler posts to make it seem like you're contributing. Only real opinion on alignments I've seen you have is "null everyone, impulse is kinda sus".

As for the vote, you're still missing the point. You said that you found her suspicious for not reacting to my vote. If you were serious about it, you would've voted for her in the very same post or at least addressed her directly. No waiting necessary. You say that you normally give people time to react to your votes, but you did the exact opposite. It doesn't add up.

As it stands, my vote's staying here. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Years
  • In the past, making a vote early has actually caused people to suspect me more, especially if an instinct turns out to be wrong and I am forced to change my vote. So I don't vote early in order to avoid that mistake. Also, you forget that it was Day One, and thus very little information was available, so I was not going to make a vote based on what appeared to be little more than a hunch without anything to back it up other than seeming inactiveness on impulse's part at the time, but I was waiting to see if impulse would actually talk about the pressure vote. So I saw the lack of response on her part to justify the vote, despite the fact you made the pressure directly. In other words, I didn't need to do anything extra beyond what I did. And these so-called "filler" posts are because we have new players in the game, otherwise my content would just have been strictly about the current players.

So since impulse was killed and I'm fairly certain some people will be removed anyway after Day Two is over, I have no suspects at this time...

Last edited:

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    I'm being 100% honest when I say I forgot to vote before the phase ended

Though I did plan on voting for Neon, and his sudden activity after being absent for all of the previous phase rubs me the wrong way.
    Not sure how I feel about you, man. You're so blatantly suspicious that it loops right back around to making you seem innocent. What are your thoughts on Tails, Saws, and I?

And yeah, Neon did everything wrong. Although he said something today, he'll still die if he doesn't vote. Think we should put him on calzone if he comes back in time. Minimal risk, since the vote's bound to get outnumbered this phase.

Yeah it does for me too

I voted Cal in the hopes that he would come back and give us his reads and also the fact that Syn said he's usually more active than this and that he would post meaningless fluff and then disappear is a bit odd
    I see. That was about six hours before phase end, so I guess it checks out. Still need your reads on syn and tails, though. Add me in too.

In the past, making a vote early has actually caused people to suspect me more, especially if an instinct turns out to be wrong and I am forced to change my vote. So I don't vote early in order to avoid that mistake. Also, you forget that it was Day One, and thus very little information was available, so I was not going to make a vote based on what appeared to be little more than a hunch without anything to back it up other than seeming inactiveness on impulse's part at the time, but I was waiting to see if impulse would actually talk about the pressure vote. So I saw the lack of response on her part to justify the vote, despite the fact you made the pressure directly. In other words, I didn't need to do anything extra beyond what I did. And these so-called "filler" posts are because we have new players in the game, otherwise my content would just have been strictly about the current players.

So since impulse was killed and I'm fairly certain some people will be removed anyway after Day Two is over, I had no suspects...until now. Anyone else find Mars's pushiness to be strange?
    Getting tired of explaining this. You didn't bother voting early because it'd make you seem suspicious, even though you already acknowledged the fact that people use pressure votes to gain information? Day 1 or not, you weren't trying to figure shit out at all. All you did was throw shade at her and sit back until the end of phase.

Impulse: Hasn't said much. Going by her history, that seems to be a common occurrence. Gonna press her after this.
    And there wouldn't be a reason for her to acknowledge my vote in the first place. I made it pretty clear that I was pressing her so she'd be more inclined to post her thoughts. You, on the other hand, had actual suspicions regarding her. It just doesn't make sense why you wouldn't bother pursuing it. Especially on Day 1, where information was scarce. It isn't what a townie would do at all.

And yeah, I am being pushy. As I said before, I'm almost certain that there's at least one mafia amongst the three players who tried to vote. There's no reason for them not to try and get an extra kill in while there aren't any strong leads. And with you being the scummiest of the three, this is a case that I trust in. The omgus doesn't make me feel any better about you, either.

Regarding the rest of the game: What are your reads on Syn and Saws?

Years
  • Well, I guess there's no explanation I can provide that will change your mind, so I might as well complete the omgus feel.

[Lynch] Mars

Every game I try to explain my actions, I somehow dig my hole even further, and even if I did try to figure out what Syn and Saws are up to, I think you've made up your mind. I've been considering voting you anyway because some of the other people that I'm curious about might get removed, and of the people that might not get removed, yours has been reading the most scummish to me. But I don't think it matters now what I think. Lynch me if you want, you'll be disappointed in what you find out.

(I'm leaving the Underground after this game, mafia isn't fun to me anymore)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm gonna [vote] Neon Sword. I'm most suspicious of him right now, and I invite him to give me a reason not to be. I hope we can decide on a target to lynch today, because another non-lynch only benefits the mafia.

Years
  • Opening this thread because GP's a dumbass
    Carry on with the salt wars

Edit: GP here, I didn't close the thread -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Well, I guess there's no explanation I can provide that will change your mind, so I might as well complete the omgus feel.

[Lynch] Mars

Every game I try to explain my actions, I somehow dig my hole even further, and even if I did try to figure out what Syn and Saws are up to, I think you've made up your mind. I've been considering voting you anyway because some of the other people that I'm curious about might get removed, and of the people that might not get removed, yours has been reading the most scummish to me. But I don't think it matters now what I think. Lynch me if you want, you'll be disappointed in what you find out.

(I'm leaving the Underground after this game, mafia isn't fun to me anymore)
    Don't give me that.

You're wimping out just because someone suspects you? If you're really a townie, then help me help you. This is a team effort, not some bullshit slugfest. Even if you're on the chopping block, make reads, contribute what you can. If you ever die and flip town, then we'll know that anything you said can be trusted. If you have a scumread on me then build a case, gather evidence. A townie's job is to figure everything out. That's how this game works. If you're not cut out for that, then good riddance.

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    I don't see any point in lynching Neon. If he doesn't show up, then he'll just die on his own. Doesn't point to any alignment in particular, so it wouldn't be any different from yesterday.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • Care to expand on your exact reason for voting him?

I just find it a bit strange that Neon would show up, make a comment about the Fool and Vig dying, and then disappear again

I'm not sure about Tails either, I can't exactly buy his story but I'm mixed on his reaction, could be possible frustrated town or he could be a maf ready to just give up

Years
  • Mars and tails is looking town vs town to me.
    and geez stop killing newbie mars xD ( you should change ur name to newbie slayer)

Sorry Ez mn snip ( syn ) but saws just making me think you guys are both mafia. The time you guys are posting. I know its not enough to suspect someone but I'm going for..
    [Vote] Saws
    we were going for flame before, right? ( though I thought they were newbie town) Idk saws just tell me why you keep tagging syn votes like that. I thought only flame was being like that but you're not making any sense too.

Edit:
    even if I did try to figure out what Syn and Saws are up to, I think you've made up your mind. I've been considering voting you anyway because some of the other people that I'm curious about might get removed, and of the people that might not get removed, yours has been reading the most scummish to me. But I don't think it matters now what I think. Lynch me if you want, you'll be disappointed in what you find out.
    Mars is only one who is looking town since he is actively scum hunting, not making content less post and you find that scummy - _ - though I still think that is just salt speaking.

Like I said saws and syn looking sus to me. ( saws more.. )
    Neon idk but cop can definitely pay him visit this night. ( AND PLS COP REVEAL IF YOU HAVE 2 CONFIRMED TOWNIE BEFORE YOU DIE )

Mars is town to me.

Tails - can't really give everyone a pass with beginner mindset. But still think he/she is town. If it comes to last ditch pls reveal.

crazon-guy: null.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, so we're now in the second half of Day Two, and we have 7 players left. Two of them have not voted yet in this game, so if they do not vote tonight, then they are removed anyway, so at this time I see no reason to vote for either Neon Sword or Calzone407. If Neon does vote tonight, my vote will switch to Neon, because the rather sporadic activity has got my attention as well.

Among the rest of us...I am not entirely sure, but Saws was probably going to be my third choice after Neon and Mars. For me it's rather hard to figure out who might be what right now. What I am more interested in is the possible scenario that both Calzone and Neon are in fact town. If that is true, then the mafia wins in Night Two unless the kill is blocked by the Doctor if it is still around. So my voting in probably a few hours from now (rather, I might have to make a final vote on my part in a couple of hours since I'll be gone most of the day), is going to assume there's one or two active mafia members.

Last edited:
    Back