• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bird's Soapbox and Statistics/Opinion article the first

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Basically I'm proposing the idea of opinion pieces intended for the reader to question things that bother me or others with the Pokemon games whether past or present or to analyze different things about the games that could provide interesting facts for readers along with opinions. I would be respectful and encourage different and informed viewpoints on what would make the games better and encourage not negative bashing but rather constructive feedback. Also despite the intended tone to be informational I'd probably try to squeeze in some humor to liven things and maybe talk about some positive aspects of the topic to keep things constructive. There could even be occasions where I could take feedback on the articles themselves and respectfully answer questions from readers. Along with constructive criticism the articles could also provide analytical statistics and insight into how one could presume the games were designed and the comparisons between different gens/games in all sorts of categories.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Just some notes for a potential article about Gen 1 oversaturation in recent Pokemon games

Spoiler:

I'm just looking for other ideas to incorporate into my article or which ideas to trim out of my article

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Just some notes for a potential article about Gen 1 oversaturation in recent Pokemon games

Spoiler:

I'm just looking for other ideas to incorporate into my article or which ideas to trim out of my article

Pretty good ideas here. I think there is a lot to work with them and your notes are all fair.

I think it should be pretty good when drafted. Only thing I can really have a comment on right now is that perhaps wait and see if we learn about any new alolan forms for USUM.

With the current theory being that Johto will get pandered too or other regions then who knows, we may have some different arguments to make.

Looking good so far though!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I'm the last Daily Staff you want replying to this, but I'm going to play devil's advocate as usual. It's decently long, so I've hidden the bulk in a spoiler tag for ease of scrolling.

Spoiler:

I mean all of this in a respectful way, I simply wish to bring up some points for debate and ask that you, if you really do want readers to question these things, present both sides of the question in as unbiased a way as possible. Articles are supposed to be discussion starters. Make sure yours is one.

Or just ignore me entirely and write a full complaint list and take whatever rebuttal you get from the genwunners about it. That works too I guess.

Back