• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen black and white -Vs- 3rd game

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    Top Selling pokemon Games (gb)

Top Selling pokemom Games (gbc)

• Pokemon Gold and Silver 1st
      [*]Pokémon Gold and Silver continued the enormous success of its predecessors, beginning the formation of Pokémon into a multi-billion dollar franchise.[33] As of April 2000 roughly 6.5 million copies of the games had been sold in Japan. Silver proved to be the slightly more popular version, edging out Gold by approximately 100,000 copies.[34] By the first week of their release in the U.S. the games had eclipsed Pokémon Yellow's previous record sales of a little over 600,000 copies; selling a combined total of 1.4 million copies to become the fastest selling games ever.
    • Pokemon Crystal 5th
    • Pokemon Trading Card Game 6th

Top Selling pokemon Games (GBA)

Top Selling pokemon Games (DS)

Note: hg/ss have not been added

if you look the first two games in a gen do the best:
    (well for gen 5 and hg/ss it will not)
    then the 3rd game made it does bad.
    then the remakes do well.
    do you think this will work for gen 5???

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I know Heart Gold and Soul Silver were one of the most popular games of the year. I don't know their ranking.

I don't really know what you're trying to say..

The third generation didn't do that bad. It was the fourth generation that did.

The fifth generation already has the most pre-orders ever in Nintendo history, so I think they will do well, including the remakes.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Well The reason it goes worse for the third game is because, There are so many who buy the first games but only half as much buy the third as they cant imagine it will bring anything new to the table.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    i allways try to get the 3rd one beacuse there more stuff then the first two.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Third games are always better! No version exlusives, new graphics and a lot of new updates!
    But they aren't sold as much, cause people ussually buy the first game imideatly cause they're a huge hit! By the time the third comes out, most people can't afford, or don't want to buy the game...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Those look at the first 2's sales together, as one game, and the third one as an individual game. If you look at the sales for each of the 3 individually the 3rd one might have sold better. It's unfair, 2-to-1.

Years
    Looking at the screenshots of Pokemon Black and White...

black and white -Vs- 3rd game

I think it will be a very big hit - purely based on graphics I'd say.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, there is a thread to discuss sales in general, which this'll probably fit into, however, the thread on whether a user wants to wait for the third game is dead, so you're free to make a new one on that.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back