• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black ROM save help

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I started my second Black playthrough and I never cleared the ingame save from the first playthrough (generated after beating the story). I played the second playthrough only using savestates. I beat the main story, and the after the credits the game goes to save ingame and cannot. I currently cannot access the postgame in my second playthrough. Is there a workaround for this?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I started my second Black playthrough and I never cleared the ingame save from the first playthrough (generated after beating the story). I played the second playthrough only using savestates. I beat the main story, and the after the credits the game goes to save ingame and cannot. I currently cannot access the postgame in my second playthrough. Is there a workaround for this?

It potentially depends on which emulator/setup you're using. Maybe search on Google about your specific emulator as I'm not familiar.

Have you tried loading the ROM up to reach the first playthrough, press up + select + B at the same time at Pokémon Black title screen to delete the first save file, load your latest save state, and then save in the game's menu / at credits roll? In the actual physical games, you need to delete the previous save file in order to save a new file.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    It potentially depends on which emulator/setup you're using. Maybe search on Google about your specific emulator as I'm not familiar.

Have you tried loading the ROM up to reach the first playthrough, press up + select + B at the same time at Pokémon Black title screen to delete the first save file, load your latest save state, and then save in the game's menu / at credits roll? In the actual physical games, you need to delete the previous save file in order to save a new file.

I'm using Desmume as my emulator (a later version).

I'll give your suggested method another try. I'm pretty sure I tried this yesterday to no avail.

Back