• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black/White Out!

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    No, this isn't about BW. This is more about whiting out/blacking out, depending on whatever generation you're referring to. Anyway, have you ever lost a Pokemon battle? How many times? Who do you think beat you the most (if at all)?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In my early days, when I first played Ruby, I kept losing to Brawly again and again (don't exactly remember how many times), as well as a huge chunk of my money in the process.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I've blacked out multiple times. It happened more when I played Red,Gold and Emerald cause I was young and didn't know how important potions were. Now it still happens but not much. I use potions a ton and try to make sure my Pokemon stay in the green or yellow. But I still do white out/black out occasionally cause I'm not a perfect trainer.But I've been trying to prevent black out.

Edit: After reading some of these posts I few like a weak trainer. ._.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Only in Yellow. Lousy Pikachu never could take a decent hit without going down.

More recently, it's gotten so I make sure that not even one of my Pokemon faint, so I haven't blacked/whited out in a good while now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I lost the once in silver to see what happened. Other times I lost I just soft-resetted and happened at the E4 in games in which Im going with an underlevelled team or something and don't want to grind anymore.

Years
  • I think I only blacked/whited out twice. Once in Black where Morimoto sweeped my team (yeah, ridiculously underleveled) and in SoulSilver (I think my Pokemon got poisoned).

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Only when it was my first time playing Pokemon. That was at Fire Red. I was a complete NOOB. Didn't know anything about attacks, Special attack and defenses, IVs and EVs, and even weaknesses. So I whited/blacked out probably twice or thrice.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I thought this was about BW when i read the title. LOL.

Hmmm.. I have quite a few times already, though not a single one before the E4. Usually, even if my Pokemonare terribly underleveled, I pit them out agianst the much stronger E4. They would gain exp little by little there, as I slowly advance. TO answer your final qurstion,, I think I lost the most to Steven.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've definitely blacked out in every game but most likely Sapphire, I remember I struggled quite a few times, as well as White with Clay & Elesa oh and of course GSC with Whitney's Miltank... I'll award someone who beat Whitney on their first attempt ever.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I blacked out a lot when I was younger. Now I barely ever do unless I'm battling one of those dumb veterans.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I used to die a lot when I was a kid. Not so much now but OMG. Speaking of black/white out, when I kept losing in Yellow, I was so confused. I thought "This is Yellow Version, how come I didn't yellow out?" And I thought in Red, you Red out. And Blue, you blue out. Stupid kid. lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    In the G/S/C generation I lost to Whitney many times and was the only person I ever lost to. She and that Miltank with Rollout were a pain in the butt!

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
    Years
  • I almost never black/white out since I save so often that whenever it would happen I can just turn the game off and on. Sometimes I save before and after each battle so I'm right where I was when I turn it on again.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I remember just a couple, in Ruby, Brawly owned me a couple of times. Heartgold, I was underleveled for the elite four and never had a good Ice type move to take out Lance. Never had a White/Black out since...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never really do that since I save before I white out and turn off JUST before that. I think I've only done it once in the Unova games because I was too lazy to battle again having saved during the Elite Four. XD; Not very often in other games thoughhhh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Since I don't nuzlocke — yes, I allow myself the audacity in battle that may lead to blacking out.
    I probably lost most to Misty in Red, all that time ago. I chose Charmander and, well, BubbleBeam Starmie was a beast at the time.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • The first time I ever blacked out was in emerald on that last trainer before petalburg (Nelgected to heal my pokemon) otherwise, I rarely lost, and it would be because of something stupid (Level 7s I forgot to put in the PC don't make good battlers it seems) I had alot of trouble with the battle frontier since I had no knowlage of competive battling, at the time, but I figured it out and destroyed the place.

To this day I rarely lose offline, and 99% of the time, it's because I was stupid and forgot something cruical....most recently I was going on a challenge and forgot blue had a pidgey, and guess what kind of pokemon I had? It also didn't help that I forgot he appeared on that route (second battle, route leading to E4, forget the name) low PP and health weren't much of a help either

Back