• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blood. Blood everywhere.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    How do you feel about video games containing a large amount of blood/gore? Is that generally a turnoff to you or an incentive? Feel free to discuss to your leisure~

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Blood is a turn on. So yes please to blood! <3

When I saw one of the early trailers for Bloodbourne, I couldn't contain and uh, 'excitement'.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I'm alright with blood in video games. Something has to come out when you slash them to death; they can't just fade away into smoke. If there needs to be blood there, it's fine and justified.

But if there's too much blood it can make the game really silly even if it's supposed to be scary or serious. Imagine playing a game and whacking a balloon caused a fountain of blood to come out. It would be more funny than anything else.

Gore on the other hand.. eh... it would depend on the game. If it's a FPS or horror title and it's supposed to be there, then it's alright, but it's not needed in most games. Especially ones based toward little kids. That stuff can be traumatizing if you're too young to understand it.

Years
    If it seems to fit in with what the game's about and it's not overdone - eh, whatever, I can take it, I suppose. I've never been someone who desires blood and stuff in a game, but I'm not squeamish about it so I don't mind it too much. A bit of it here and there isn't going to stop me from getting a game to play.

Now if it's a gratuitous amount of blood, yeeeah, that might actually be a bit of a turn-off for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm not a fan. I don't like it in movies either. Obviously if it's plausible amounts of blood for the situation and the game isn't littered with those incidents, I'm fine. But if it's just everywhere, then no thanks.

pkmin3033

I'm kinda indifferent to it, really. I suppose it adds to the atmosphere of a game, but not in any noticeable fashion other than it'd be weird if characters receiving mortal wounds didn't bleed...as is often the case with a lot of games, where you can take an arrow to the knee without so much as a hitch in your stride.

Although if there is going to be an excessive amount of blood, I'd prefer it if it actually looked like blood. The blood splatters in Dragon Age looked more like tiny particles of shit had splattered the characters than blood, and it was...really awkward. xD

TY

Never really cared for it, barely see blood in Destiny and it's a everyday occurance in RTS games and that's where I need focus somewhere else.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I've been playing Bloodborne a lot lately. That shit is everywhere

Years
    I'm not a fan. I don't like it in movies either. Obviously if it's plausible amounts of blood for the situation and the game isn't littered with those incidents, I'm fine. But if it's just everywhere, then no thanks.

I'm generally resilient to seeing blood and gore in media, but I distinctly remember one instance where blood during a movie nearly made me puke. I believe it was the movie Children of Men? Along those lines. Could not handle throughout most of it, but managed to not throw up in the theatre.

I've been playing Bloodborne a lot lately. That muk is everywhere

They don't call it Bloodborne for no reason.

Id rather have blood and dead bodies lying around, than them disappearing into thin air. It gives the game more realism.

There was blood and bodies flying everywhere when I played Drakengard 3. That game just does not have a censor, anywhere, but it was amusing at the same time.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Nah, rivers of blood and mountains of flesh don't bother me in video games. It's not something that needs to be in every game or even in large amounts in some games though.

Yukari

Blood and gore doesn't bother me in video games, but I can't say it's something that I want in a game. If it's there it's there if it isn't it isn't. Nbd either way.

Years
    I really don't mind it if it makes sense. When in a situation wherein there would definitely be bloodshed (i.e. protagonist slashing someone open, shooting someone, zombie fight, etc.) and they add a little extra blood and effects to the point where they have it splattering the screen, not gonna lie...I. Love. It.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I like it as long as it makes sense. I mean, there should be blood if you shoot someone or slash them with a sword, but having gallons and gallons of it makes me not want to play. To me, it just screams, "trying too hard", like the designers didn't know how to make the game edgy and cool with the story or gameplay, so they just threw in a bunch of blood and called it good. It fits in some areas, but for the most part, no.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'm also indifferent to blood in games. For it to get to me it has to be used in an interesting and creepy way, instead of just throwing it all over the place. I think gore is probably more disturbing. Everyone sees blood, not everyone sees intestines strewn across an open courtyard.

Back