• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Most I've really done recently is breed for a new Slurpuff for me and breeding one as well for my friend and I got my friend aone with all perfect IV's.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    So I have been thinking, and I have decided that I am going to start breeding for every shiny starter with at least 5-6ivs. Egg moves may come in time but I'm planing on going for atleast those.

My first shiny hatched was a a shiny treecko with 4 egg moves and 5 iv flawless. It might take some times, but it is possible! :D I wish you luck!

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I've hatched these shinies: beldum (x2. The first one was on the 5th egg, by accident, both Metagross now), nidoran Female (also by accident, now Nidoqueen), mankey (again, by accident, now primeape), treeko, tyrunt, Froakie (one of my longest ones), noibat (my longest, now Noivern), and charmander. The rest of mine were either caught dex naving, horse hunting or SRing.

But thanks for the luck guys!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Got my 5IV HA Excadrill (whatever the unevolved version is called) will train and level over the weekend.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Finished Excadrill shes quite a nice pokemon, deciding now whether to try for a shiny Scizor. Have a nice 5IV normal but quite like the green version and considering them as my singles mega choice.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Started out for a shiny scizor, got a 6IV scyther so far so that'll replace whats in my living dex at least.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    6 egg rounds and nothing yet, taking a minor break now to catch Zapdos and a decent Mewtwo in Pokemon Y before I sell it.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So, after the announcement of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, I have a question....

Do you thing the breeding mechanics will change? Or do you think they will stay the same? Do you think they will add anything else into the mix?

Right now it's just pure speculation with these titles, but let me know what you think. I think they will probably stay the same.

Years
    So, after the announcement of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, I have a question....

Do you thing the breeding mechanics will change? Or do you think they will stay the same? Do you think they will add anything else into the mix?

Right now it's just pure speculation with these titles, but let me know what you think. I think they will probably stay the same.

I personally hope for at least one of two things. That they have the guy that judges your pokemon's IV's tell you a number, and that on the super training thing that numbers would be nice. But the EV thing is definitely the one that comes second.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    It's a bit... intense.. but I would love the new Pokemon to be kinda fusion.. that we only could have by breeding.

For example, a Beartic and a Pangoro with the item to "fusion" will have another bear egg... Is it clear?

Anyway, that's what I want :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    So, I'm new here and I'm not entirely sure if this is the place to ask such a thing so outright, but basically I've got a little project I'm having trouble with. I'm breeding Eevee by the box, and I've run into a small issue.

I started with a 5 IV Male Eevee from wondertrade, and a 2 IV Ditto to cover the 6th IV and start a whole big chain of breeding, with the ultimate goal of having "perfect" editions of all eevee-lutions, including Flareon. The idea of course being picking which IV you don't want, with a nature that reduces the lacking stat. So far I've successfully bred a perfect Alakazam and a perfect Delphox, both with Modest nature and Attack being the missing IV, since it has little to no value to them.

Problem is, only 5 out of 55 Eevee so far have been female. The ratio on eevee is apparently 87.5 to 12.5 in favor of male (which makes no sense for eevees, but whatever) and yet, my current result seems to still be low. The only females I have gotten are 1-2 IV, some of them with neutral natures and ultimately not much use.

So, the ultimate question being, is there anything at all you can do in which to influence the gender of the eggs you get? I have Destiny Knot for IVs, and Everstone for natures when applicable. Searching just in google yields conflicting results and probably outdated information. Is there any way to boost my female ratio at all? Or do I just have to keep filling up the boxes until something good comes out?

On a related note, I hate how seemingly all pokemon are 8/10ths male or genderless. Doesn't really make sense for them to survive in the wild that way, but, that's just how I feel...

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    So, I'm new here and I'm not entirely sure if this is the place to ask such a thing so outright, but basically I've got a little project I'm having trouble with. I'm breeding Eevee by the box, and I've run into a small issue.

I started with a 5 IV Male Eevee from wondertrade, and a 2 IV Ditto to cover the 6th IV and start a whole big chain of breeding, with the ultimate goal of having "perfect" editions of all eevee-lutions, including Flareon. The idea of course being picking which IV you don't want, with a nature that reduces the lacking stat. So far I've successfully bred a perfect Alakazam and a perfect Delphox, both with Modest nature and Attack being the missing IV, since it has little to no value to them.

Problem is, only 5 out of 55 Eevee so far have been female. The ratio on eevee is apparently 87.5 to 12.5 in favor of male (which makes no sense for eevees, but whatever) and yet, my current result seems to still be low. The only females I have gotten are 1-2 IV, some of them with neutral natures and ultimately not much use.

So, the ultimate question being, is there anything at all you can do in which to influence the gender of the eggs you get? I have Destiny Knot for IVs, and Everstone for natures when applicable. Searching just in google yields conflicting results and probably outdated information. Is there any way to boost my female ratio at all? Or do I just have to keep filling up the boxes until something good comes out?

On a related note, I hate how seemingly all pokemon are 8/10ths male or genderless. Doesn't really make sense for them to survive in the wild that way, but, that's just how I feel...

Hello!

Why do you want a female Eevee? For the HA? Because if it's only the IV that are important for you, you can tale a male. It works with the Ditto. But you need a female if you breed with another Pokemon than a ditto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    I'm not sure what HA is. But basically, I want more female results so I can replace the ditto, and increase the efficiency of each egg. So, a female with 3-4 IVs will yield better results than a ditto with 2. I'd also like my future Sylveon to be female, if I can get an appropriate eevee for it.

Years
    I'm not sure what HA is. But basically, I want more female results so I can replace the ditto, and increase the efficiency of each egg. So, a female with 3-4 IVs will yield better results than a ditto with 2. I'd also like my future Sylveon to be female, if I can get an appropriate eevee for it.

To answer your question, no there is no possible way to make a certain gender more likely to appear than another. At least as far as I know. But if I may ask, how many ditto's do you have exactly? Because unless you have a ditto with 6 IV's, (which you can find on this site, including from one of the breeding members here) You will want to stock up on Dittos with different sets of perfect IV's.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023

I think it's likely to remain similar to how it is now. It could get easier, but I don't think it will become more difficult. Two changes I could envision are someone who tells you your exact IVs (or at least 30 IVs for hidden power), or someone who lets you change your IVs with certain items (probably earned by BP). Normally, I would rule out the second option entirely, but with gen I--> gen VII compatibility, I wonder if we'll see any changes in the IV data structure, or if something will happen to make the system more flexible. It would be in keeping with the shift towards easier games for people who don't have time and prefer their smartphones, after all.

Some other things that could be interesting to see, but I doubt they'll do: Maybe an item to pass down a Pokeball from a male Pokemon? Of course, since we currently need both item slots to pass down IVs and nature, it probably wouldn't get much use. Or maybe something to make it easier to breed Pokemon like Volt Tackle Pichu with the desired nature and IVs. That's probably wishful thinking, though. This is the first gen with major breeding changes in a while, so I think we're lucky that we can actually breed 5 IV Pokemon with relative ease these days.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I do hope they change some aspects but overall I cant see much changing. Definitely getting IV numbers from the rater and showing these in the Super training would be very useful, some way to change nature or improve IV's would also close the last loophole so that anyone, with some effort, could get a perfect pokemon whether via breeding or some sort of mini game. This would also make legendary gifts etc more usable as you dont get stuck with the crap you usually get.

SRing for legendarys should not be a gameplay style.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Still attempting to catch Zapdos on Pokemon Y so I can sell it and occasionally breeding for a Shiny Scyther. Got my Celebi (SR'ed a bit for a timid with reasonable stats).

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Got Zapdos finally (that was horrible) and have sort of given up on Shiny Scyther for the moment as i'm going to focus on Pokemon Y for a bit to try and complete it and my Dex as much as possible both for fun and in prep for Sun/Moon.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Got Zapdos finally (that was horrible) and have sort of given up on Shiny Scyther for the moment as i'm going to focus on Pokemon Y for a bit to try and complete it and my Dex as much as possible both for fun and in prep for Sun/Moon.

Congrats on the Zapdos. And I know how much work it is to breed a shiny. I'm still working on my shiny totodile.

With the dex, if you need any help let me know. I could get you any Pokemon from GTS or from my own stash of my living dex.

Back