• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Breeding for a shiny starter

Years
    Not going to bother breeding for a shiny starter. I am however going to breed my Blaziken to get two Torchics. That way I can send them over to ORAS.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Well, I got an Absol and Torchic that I hatched the TSV way. once I get my game, probably Alpha Sapphire, I'm picking Torchic, and trading those 2 in as soon as possible!

ArcanineWithABow

Cutie Pup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Lol I have to be the laziest one here.

I am too lazy to breed shinies. I am too lazy to breed for perfect ivs.

The only thing I do is breed for the right nature and characteristic, then I be like okay...and pray as it is leveling up (after EV training) that it's stats will turn out great.

Then by time it is at level 50, it is a good indication of how it's lvl 100 stats will be, and if they are 10 off from the max attack, special attack, defense, etc that I want, meh, I'll still keep it. As long as it looks like it has like 20 evs.

I get attached to the Pokemon lol, like people, they aren't going to be perfect lol. Accept them as they are.

Years
    Honestly it's something I thought about but then I remembered that I'm going with Treecko and to me his normal colour palette suits it way better (his Mega colours are also PERFECTION!!) so I won't be doing that, although I might have a go breeding for other members of my team on X for a while until ORAS comes out :)

Years
    Now, I do like these starters, but there is NO WAY I would try to put my time into going for something that impractical. At least not this late in the year when I have so much work to take care of outside of here...

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    OMG yes! I seriously jumped outta my chair because I literally just hatched my dear Shiny Mudkip! :D <3 I wanted one for ages but never bothered to Soft Reset back in R/S/E because I never had the patience as a kid xD

Took me 137 Eggs, and it's a female (OMG), Hidden Ability Damp (no items used though) and with Egg Moves: Mirror Coat, Curse, Growl and Whirlpool and she has a Quiet nature :D ^_^ Lol I am way too hyped now, I still have to wait for a week to get Alpha Sapphire since I live in Europe, but even though I will use the original picked Mudkip in the beginning, I will transfer this one over as well eventually to ORAS :D
    Spoiler:

Treecko is next on my list I guess, since I already have all Kanto starters shiny, shiny Blaziken and now Mudkip :) I set a goal for myself to get the Shiny Mudkip BEFORE obtaining Alpha Sapphire though, luckily it did, but Treecko doesn't have as much priority even though I want one too eventually (like his colours as a shiny).

To all others out there hunting for a shiny starter; good luck! Keep it up! ;)

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Another update: just hatched a Shiny Treecko! ^_^ :D Omg so happy, since I think Treecko's shiny colours are so awesome too. :) It's a female, Serious nature (don't care that much for nature though) and Overgrow as an ability. Took me 165 Eggs this time! :)

This Friday I already hatched my Shiny Mudkip (actually the post above lol), but I figured since I'm still waiting for ORAS to come out, I wanted to get Shiny Treecko too after I obtained my Shiny Mudkip! ^_^ Omg it all worked out perfectly!

Probably I'm going to put up breeding for a Shiny Trapinch next! ;)

Back