• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

building

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    How much do you enjoy building structures/bases/camps in games? Are you the kind of person to really put a lot of care and work into making your in-game home as aesthetically pleasing as possible, or do you just care enough to make it functional and livable, and focus on other aspects of the game?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • "If you aren't the sort of person who makes that completely perfect empire with all researches discovered, fully fortified walls and a building placement structure that's both aesthetically pleasing and functional, then I'm afraid that we can't be friends. No, it doesn't matter that you could've ended the game 40 minutes ago using your cannons against enemies that are still in the Colonial Age building Villagers." - Age of Firebolt III, 2019.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i'm not very creative and generally don't know what i'm doing so lmfao like idk if we're on the same page w building but i'm thinking of things like. building and creating stuff like gummiships in kingdom hearts or paths in animal crossing and honestly i try to make things look good, but i'm no where near great at it. i actually take that back, i always make the ugliest gummiship possible in kh.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yo, I put 3000+ hours into Animal Crossing:New Leaf and let me tell you, my town was IMMACULATE. I made custom filigree tiles for every path (with each possible player character, no less), lined with hibiscus bushes, flowers, sakura trees, and all the fairy tale scenery / public works projects that I possibly could. My town was as close to idea as I could possibly get it before my DS finally died on me. :'(

Building stuff like that is one of the things in gaming that I'm legitimately proud about lol.

Years
  • I enjoy building stuff, but I get frustrated that I can't make things as pretty as people who put more time and effort into pretty builds. What do you mean, I can't instantly become perfect at decorating and actually have to put effort into it??

In Terraria, 9 times out of 10, when I build NPC housing it ends up looking super basic, but not so bad you can call it bad. I usually put a little bit of effort to make it look decent. Building isn't the reason I play Terraria.

I think the only thing I'm super proud of building/designing was my Animal Crossing New Leaf town. Though that took time and planning to get it to look nice (imagine that!!). Also, designing houses/rooms is a bit bigger aspect of Animal Crossing, so I put more effort into it.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Yeah I used to create flat worlds in Minecraft just for my building projects and stuff, and I used to be relatively good at it, at least from my own eyes at the time. I have stopped playing the game in the past few years though, which has affected my building skills (If I ever had that).

I also really enjoyed building houses in The Sims 4, I'd spend entire afternoons doing it and ended up never actually playing in one of them with a Sim.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    My creations has always been of pristine quality, be it my yeettress, or my impenetrable camp of greatness, or even my town of great prosperity

but jake always blows them up

ya ok mr "i use bombs when dueling people in terraria"

Years
  • Aesthetics are important! If there's the ability to make any space I have look the way I want (note that I can't exactly do that on PC itself, haha) then I will. If you can build a home, by god will I do that. Build a guild? Make it the best around (until I stop caring)!

Cid

Years
  • I enjoyed making homes in The Sims and The Sims 2. More recently in Stardew Valley, I got pretty engrossed in making my rooms look nice that sometimes I forget time passes inside the house, too.

I miss that game. I should check in on Alex. The Sims as well, I hope I get to play again in the near future.

Back