• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Complete] BuzzNav: Kalos Trend Shoot!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    https://daily.pokecommunity.com/?p=4555&preview=true

question: how do I make the images fade like in this article (second half) ? https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/08/18/ash-might-win-the-kalos-league-next-episode/

Also, there weren't a whole lot of people posting photos in the thread I was looking at (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=374795&highlight=outfit) and I felt weird adding myself haha. So should I dig deeper into the section and find some more photos to include in the article or is this maybe enough? (still going to add more descriptions but I was wondering if I should find more photos)

also tried to make it sound like Trend Shoot from https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TV_Mauville but obvs that's talking about the Dewford Island trends and not clothes but still

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Hey yo, nice article 8)

A few comments:

- Pokemon -> Pokémon
    - "Where else can we find this out other than the Pokemon X & Y section?" I would probably link to the X & Y section here
    - I reckon it would be good to add more photos (: I think you should give that thread a sneaky bump and suggest people post photos with funny captions describing their style - that might help with increased engagement and more photos. I also think it would be good if the photos were bigger (if possible).
    - For the "fading" photos, you do that by choosing to create a gallery when you insert images. Then you select "slideshow" or something similar.
    - I can definitely feel the conversational style that you were going for! Maybe it would be interesting if you could embody a persona for the article to give you the freedom to go all out with creating that conversational TV-style feel? For example you can check out the Name Rater article or the Martha's Mad Musing article, where bobandbill and myself respectively wrote from the perspective of a character. It gave us freedom to be a bit more fun and add some more personality into our articles, which I think would be really good for this sort of article too :D

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Hey yo, nice article 8)

A few comments:

- Pokemon -> Pokémon
    - "Where else can we find this out other than the Pokemon X & Y section?" I would probably link to the X & Y section here
    - I reckon it would be good to add more photos (: I think you should give that thread a sneaky bump and suggest people post photos with funny captions describing their style - that might help with increased engagement and more photos. I also think it would be good if the photos were bigger (if possible).
    - For the "fading" photos, you do that by choosing to create a gallery when you insert images. Then you select "slideshow" or something similar.
    - I can definitely feel the conversational style that you were going for! Maybe it would be interesting if you could embody a persona for the article to give you the freedom to go all out with creating that conversational TV-style feel? For example you can check out the Name Rater article or the Martha's Mad Musing article, where bobandbill and myself respectively wrote from the perspective of a character. It gave us freedom to be a bit more fun and add some more personality into our articles, which I think would be really good for this sort of article too :D

Thank you for your suggestings! I'll definitely check out those articles to get some ideas to flesh this one out a bit. I'll see about the pictures being bigger, too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

Thank you for your suggestings! I'll definitely check out those articles to get some ideas to flesh this one out a bit. I'll see about the pictures being bigger, too.
    Ah, just been reminded! Maybe in regards to fleshing out, it could be a reason to kickstart this old idea of gimmepie's: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370717 In particular, check out the link in this post to an old article written elsewhere by Bay: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9294816#post9294816 It'd be cool to do articles along that line on stuff like this, but also on stuff in Sun and Moon characters - a review of what a fictional fashion reviewer thinks of Team Skull and Aether Foundation's looks could be pretty fun to do.

(Now I'm also reminded about considering porting/updating some old articles of mine from that site...)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Ah, just been reminded! Maybe in regards to fleshing out, it could be a reason to kickstart this old idea of gimmepie's: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370717 In particular, check out the link in this post to an old article written elsewhere by Bay: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9294816#post9294816 It'd be cool to do articles along that line on stuff like this, but also on stuff in Sun and Moon characters - a review of what a fictional fashion reviewer thinks of Team Skull and Aether Foundation's looks could be pretty fun to do.

(Now I'm also reminded about considering porting/updating some old articles of mine from that site...)

Sorry about not replying to this earlier! I wanted to give the thread some time after I bumped it but only got one other reply :C

So, as an update, I'm going to start expanding into the Alola part of this. But I was wondering if there could maybe be two comment threads? One for Kalos and one for Alola in the respective sections? So I could link to the character customization threads in each section? Or is that too much haha

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Sorry about not replying to this earlier! I wanted to give the thread some time after I bumped it but only got one other reply :C

So, as an update, I'm going to start expanding into the Alola part of this. But I was wondering if there could maybe be two comment threads? One for Kalos and one for Alola in the respective sections? So I could link to the character customization threads in each section? Or is that too much haha
    Going to interject here - I think it makes much more sense for there to be separate articles on those topics. I don't think mixing thoughts on Kalos outfits PC users submitted fits well with the topic of 'what does [fashion reviewer] think of Team Skull/Aether Foundation's outfits'. What I said were more ideas for articles following this one, if you wanted to write it along the lines of a fashion reviewer persona ala the article Bay wrote and the idea gimmepie had in that thread.

Regardless, I haven't tested but I'm sceptical that an article could have multiple comment threads with the plugin.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Going to interject here - I think it makes much more sense for there to be separate articles on those topics. I don't think mixing thoughts on Kalos outfits PC users submitted fits well with the topic of 'what does [fashion reviewer] think of Team Skull/Aether Foundation's outfits'. What I said were more ideas for articles following this one, if you wanted to write it along the lines of a fashion reviewer persona ala the article Bay wrote and the idea gimmepie had in that thread.

Regardless, I haven't tested but I'm sceptical that an article could have multiple comment threads with the plugin.

I would much rather wait for people to be able to submit their own Alolan outfits as well, but I was worried it's short. Hmm. I will work on fleshing this out, maybe by expanding into NPC territory in Kalos (Like "what is Lysandre wearing?). Or not. I'll see how it works when writing ifit's necessary.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    From skype for anyone wondering
    [10:48:16 PM] whitney: well I was thinking for the buzznav it could be like a thing I publish maybe once in a while
    [10:48:21 PM] whitney: and it would have dif programs
    [10:48:25 PM] whitney: like namerater/fashion
    [10:48:29 PM] whitney: and this week would be the fashion
    [10:48:35 PM] whitney: and then maybe in a while it would cycle back to fashion
    [10:48:37 PM] whitney: if that makes sense
    [10:48:46 PM] whitney: so for now it would focus on kalos fashions
    [10:48:53 PM] whitney: and then in a while whenever I did it again it could look at alola
    [10:48:58 PM] whitney: for when people can customize their characters

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Bump! Edited some more and fixed the image slideshow. Unfortunately I can't make them bigger, buuut :c

Also since this isn't about Sun & Moon, this can definitely be saved for when we have a lull in news. I feel like we published a lot this week, so I don't mind spreading it out haha.

Last edited:
    Back