• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bw On Wii Systems?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok so all of you probably know about the nintendo wii u, and its controller thats kinda like a tablet. so they say you will be able to play full games that were on the system itself on the controller. Now i find it interesting because the people at pokemon said they wouldnt make a main game on a counsel because they want that pick up and go feeling to the games. So if they can put a game on a counsel on your wii u remote could they put a game on your 3ds onto the wii u? imagine your out and about playing BW but now your home and have this awesome 50 inch hi def 3d television in front of you, so you turn on the wii U and sync it up with the 3ds and boom your playing on the big screen. But wait!!!!! BW graphics are good but not so much that i would play it on the big screen. So imagine if nintendo sold the game for both counsels and allowed you to just transfer your game between each? Does that sound like something you would enjoy? Now i know it couldnt happen with the current BW bit if they re released it and or use the idea for future pokemon games it could work

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I somehow doubt that Nintendo will bring out Black and White for the WiiU. But yes, if it did happen, I'd buy it and enjoy it. :) I would like them to use the idea for a future Pokemon game. 100% POKEMON XD REMAKE PL0X!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What is this about the sync up with the 3DS? I hadn't heard that. From what I saw officially, the controller can play a Wii U game if the TV is off or in use.

Gamefreak and Pokemon inc just don't want a "Main" series Pokemon game for a home system. So even with the screen on the controller, I doubt the Wii U will be portable enough to be a handheld seeing as the Wii U's main body still has to be turned on. No...I don't see a Main Pokemon game for the Wii U. If anything I'm hoping for a new Stadium. (Not another PBR but an actual Stadium version. The Stadium ones were really the only good ones with the Gym Castle challenges and Mini Games.)

I'd be ok with another Colosseum. But I really want a new Stadium.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What is this about the sync up with the 3DS? I hadn't heard that. From what I saw officially, the controller can play a Wii U game if the TV is off or in use.

Gamefreak and Pokemon inc just don't want a "Main" series Pokemon game for a home system. So even with the screen on the controller, I doubt the Wii U will be portable enough to be a handheld seeing as the Wii U's main body still has to be turned on. No...I don't see a Main Pokemon game for the Wii U. If anything I'm hoping for a new Stadium. (Not another PBR but an actual Stadium version. The Stadium ones were really the only good ones with the Gym Castle challenges and Mini Games.)

I'd be ok with another Colosseum. But I really want a new Stadium.
    Nothing offical was said about the 3ds being able to synce that was just me saying if they can do it with a controller why not the 3ds. And this is my fault i worded it wrong, i didnt mean for the counsel version to be a stand alone game( ie. you can buy it and play it like you would the handheld version) i meant it like an accessory software which would allow you to play the game on the counsel with counsel like graphics. And i do believe it would be profitable because its pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2018
    I don't think so. Like Xander said i dont think Gamefreak will ever bring main pokemon series to home systems smiply because they started with handheld console.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I don't think so. Like Xander said i dont think Gamefreak will ever bring main pokemon series to home systems smiply because they started with handheld console.

I don't see them doing that unless they release some sort of DS Player peripheral.

I understand the likely hood of game freak using my idea is slim to none, but my question is how would you guys like it. Unless i can take your response to mean you dont like the idea and it would prevent you from buying the next generation of pokemon games if these ideas were implemented

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I wouldn't like it. I have a DSLite (partially broken), a DSi (ironically bought just before DSi XL was released, but still good) and a Wii. I don't use the Wii much, so a successor doesn't bother me, but what I thought was great about Gen V was that I could play it on my current DS.

If they took that away by adding extras for 3DS / Wii U communication, it'd just irritate me exceedingly.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I wouldn't like it. I have a DSLite (partially broken), a DSi (ironically bought just before DSi XL was released, but still good) and a Wii. I don't use the Wii much, so a successor doesn't bother me, but what I thought was great about Gen V was that I could play it on my current DS.

If they took that away by adding extras for 3DS / Wii U communication, it'd just irritate me exceedingly.

It wouldnt take it away. Besides the next gen of pokemon games would be on the 3ds so even if my idea wasnt brought up people would have to upgrade

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    What if Pokemon Black and White were in Wii?

Fill those blanks
    Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Fill those blanks
    Spoiler:

Although the Wii and the Wii U aren't necessarily the same, I'd rather keep all discussion of Black and White on the big screen to one thread, since considering we don't know much about the Wii U, it's much easier to speculate as a whole.

Merged.

Oh and guys, within this thread, try not to speculate about future games on wii systems, just keep it to Black and White. :3

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
    BW on the Wii? I've done that. Except, it didn't go anywhere because it was so slow.
    There is DeSmuME for Wii. This emulator is slow enough on PCs, on the Wii it is even slower, to the point of being unplayable. So yes, BW on the Wii is possible, just doesn't work very well.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    This idea really reminds me of the thing you could put on the bottom of your game cube and you could play GBA games on it man on the big screen pokemon looked so kool. It defitly would be nice because i went from XL to 3DS and the graphics kinda lack in the 3DS compared to the XL

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    BW on the Wii? I've done that. Except, it didn't go anywhere because it was so slow.
    There is DeSmuME for Wii. This emulator is slow enough on PCs, on the Wii it is even slower, to the point of being unplayable. So yes, BW on the Wii is possible, just doesn't work very well.

the original tittle was BW on the wii U, the mod just changed the title

Back