• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bw ou changes

srinator

for a second i thought elf's volt turn team would be usable again then i read the second part

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    i have no opinion on this on a nuts-and-bolts pokemon level as i have played literally no bw2, but i do find it quite curious that they made a fairly major tiering shift (ie not banning ingrain smeargle in adv lol) to a dead metagame. i hope it improves it since everyone complains a lot about bw2, and i kinda buy it since i was most displeased with bw1.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    bw2 ou is far from a dead metagame though, it's one of the most featured metagames in official tournaments. spl, wcop, classic and stour (which is twice a year), bw2 ou gets more exposure in the tournament scene than the current gen lower tiers lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    bw2 ou is far from a dead metagame though, it's one of the most featured metagames in official tournaments. spl, wcop, classic and stour (which is twice a year), bw2 ou gets more exposure in the tournament scene than the current gen lower tiers lol.

yeah poor choice of words, perhaps going for "not the current generation meta." there is mild precedent b/c of the ingrain smeargle clause/ban (idr what it was) in adv but it sure seems odd. for example, dpp is played in p much all of the tours you mentioned but i'd be stunned if they retested latias. maybe it just speaks to bw2 itself if the 3-4 years or so of time they had to tier it (though no other previous gen had to deal with, say, rb2 or gs2 or rs2) was not enough to make an adequate ruleset. it certainly seems abnormal though. not bad, but abnormal.

Back