• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Loud Pipes

off to waaar~!
Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    On the PC version, have the problems been fixed yet? I've been thinking about getting it for Christmas after I get my 5770.

Lots of minor annoyances, but I never had any major performance issues with it. I've heard varying tales from other people who have had performance problems. I don't think all of them are fixed yet.

I've found a pretty good setup that works for me. It consists of:

Commando with Suppressor
    CZ75 with Suppressor

Frag Grenade, Concussions, Claymore

Ghost
    Sleight of Hand (Pro)
    Hacker

It's aimed at the more defensive minded player, which I've realised suits my play style a lot more. I don't camp; instead I move slowly, watch an area, get one or two kills and move on. It makes me think more and play smarter and I'm enjoying it. My last game of Team Deathmatch ended up with me getting a +1 kill death ratio which was a first for me for quite a while.

Any tips on improving this setup can be freely sent to me or posted in a reply. I'm thinking of replacing Hacker with Ninja; what do you guys think?

How much do you actually use the pistol? I use the knife or the strela on all of my classes, you shouldn't really be using a pistol if you can avoid it. And with SoH it's even easier to avoid needing a pistol.

And as far as second chance goes - most annoying thing in the game, in my opinion. It seems odd to me that Treyarc got rid of both martyrdom and deathstreaks, things which reward poor players, but left in second chance.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • That still doesn't sound like an excuse to send him a message... puts you at the same level as him :/
    It's not on the same level.
    I'm guessing you're just one of them casual players who hop on for an hour, your K/D is under 1.0, you rarely get over 10 kills in a full TDM match (if you play TDM), you likely have more games with double digit deaths then you do games with double digit kills. Laugh a few times, don't care about the enemy spawning behind you, don't care to snipe because it's always been too hard in all of the CoD games, just run around and die. Am I right?
    People who sit in the corner of a room waiting for someone to run in, people who go around pocket tubing, or camp tube, or people who use Second Chance needs to get a message. They need to be told they're skilless, they need to be told they aren't getting better at the game by playing that way. And if enough people send that person a message maybe they'll stop replying with the childish 10 year old replies. But if they're never told they're using the cheapest perk, using skilless tubes, etc then chances are they'll never try to get better.

If they're such noobs then how did you get killed by them? Maybe you need to spend more time improving your skills, rather than sending pointless messages. Arcanine is probably just as bad for getting killed as well. Seriously, less complaining, more practice!

But hey, if you think you're better than them for sending them an angry message, all the more power to you, but the fact is that they beat you, fair and square.
    Alex brought up a very good question... what are your stats? Because you're in here running your mouth telling us to improve our skills and I'd be willing to bet your stats aren't even close to that of Alex or myself.
    Or are you just trying to be a troll? Do you even have the game? Really, I ask this because you don't have a 360 or PS3 tag in your profile (so I can't check that). The only thing I see is your Steam profile (unless you have more then one account). And I don't see Black Ops on your Recently Played, I don't even see Black Ops on your All Games. I have to go to your Wishlist to find Black Ops. So what'd Steam do, have a free Black Ops multiplayer weekend and you got on, played for a few hours, killed someone in Second Chance and when you typed up that reply you thought back saying "Yea, it was easy to kill someone in Second Chance."? Or have you even played the game yet? Really I find it funny that someone is telling the two best CoD players on PC (I'm not trying to brag, I'm not trying to make us look big, but it's the truth) to improve our skills, and to practice more. More so when there's a chance you don't even own the game.

Do you think the Second Chance mechanic is complicated to comprehend or something? Is that why you're having so much trouble with it?
    I'm guessing you've never gotten into a close range gun on gun fight with someone.
    It's more complicated then you think. You're simple minded or don't play the game enough to know that there's more to Second Chance then "Oh, he dropped to the ground, lets shoot him again.". In CoD two people can't kill each other at the same time (not counting tubes, throwing knives, etc). So how come I've died at the same time as someone going down in Second Chance? That's because with Second Chance there's this moment of invincibility they get while going down. And on their way down they're still able to get maybe 1 or 2 shots off on their main weapon (more so with 3 burst weapons where it'll fire that first round while going down and the other 2 come along with it). It don't sound like much, but it might be enough to kill that person while going down in Second Chance. I know first hand because I've been killed by it, and I've killed with it. The default assault rifle class has Second Chance on it, and right after I prestiged I had to use that crappy class. Well I killed someone on my way down into Second Chance. If that class didn't have that perk then that person would have killed me and went on their way, but no my weapon was still going and I killed him. And this also goes for knives, you can knife on your way down.
    Was that too complicated for you?

My own stats are irrelevant, and I will not resort to sharing them with you because regardless of my ability, the point still stands that you need to learn how to deal with the perk better
    We kill people who go into Second Chance all the time (I'd say around 90-95%), the way you make it sound is we die everytime we put someone down. But it's annoying to get killed by someone using it, and it's annoying to have to go find and kill the person that you put down, it's annoying to put someone down and then someone comes along and takes the kill. There is no amount of "practice", or no amount of "improving" that you can put into the game to counter cheap perks like that. So you clearly clearly don't know what you're talking about.

But even if you want to stay up close, all you have to do is hit the enemy just once after they're knocked into Second Change, and they will die. One hit is all it takes - is that really so difficult? Heck, it seems pretty fair to me, since you both have the opportunity to kill each other with one hit. I'm more bothered about the fact that my team mates can easily steal my kills, but then again I've never been one to care about points.
    Yea, it's one shot... no big deal.
    And I don't want to hear you complain about your teammates taking your kill... it's one shot, why are you complaining?

If you weren't so stubborn, more flexible and more willing to improvise and change strategies, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. This isn't just applicable to CoD, but life in general dude.
    I find trolls like you funny. I mean you show up in these threads, and reply with these posts thinking you're funny when you're not. You think we're n00bs to gaming. Despite what you might think we're not stupid when it comes to games (as well as life in general). Alex runs around more then me, I'm more of a person who sits back and holds area or moves slowly around the map. But if I need to run around I'll run around, and if Alex needs to sit back more then he'll sit back. You don't get 2.98 and 3.47 K/Ds by playing stupid and not adapting to the situation. You don't want to post your stats... fine I'll post mine again (and I dare you to get close by playing stupid like you think we play).

Level 30th, 4th Prestige (and yes... I do have a life).
    Win/Loss ratio: 5.56 (648 wins/123 losses)
    Kill/Death ratio: 3.47 (13,168 kills/3,790 deaths)
    Best K/D in a game (this is TDM): 35.00
    Longest Win Streak: 91
    I dare anyone to come close to my stats (you don't even have to come close to the prestige), and then you can say I'm a bad player, I need to improve, I need more practice, I need to change strategies, etc.
    Don't think I'm posting that to say "Well, no one can come close so he can't take criticism.", or saying "OMG I'm always right and you're always wrong!". I'm posting them stats to say you're telling the wrong people to get better, you're telling the wrong people that they don't know what they're talking about. I can take criticism, or advice, but if you go off telling me to suck it up and get better at the game then that's when I get a little mad. Because I'm having to hear it from people who are casual players, people who have under 1.0 K/Ds on the game or at the very most 1.5. And these people and telling me I'm in the wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about? Yea... that doesn't sit well with me.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • My stats suck compared to that lol. I haven't played to much of the game. Been trying to get used to the new sniping. When i was using the assaults I had a 2+ k/d

Since swapping to the sniper I have hit a low of 0.94... I am worse at this game than most of my friends. But I only got my xbox recently and after swapping from PS3 to Xbox controller you can feel the difference. Maybe when I am use to it I will improve. Wish I was as good as arcanine tho. lol

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I would say the Ballistic Knife because it kills them instantly unlike the crossbow which takes a few seconds before it actually kills someone. A good upside to a crossbow is that it can kill multiple people with one shot as long as they are close to the explosive bolt.
    Agreed. I like using the Ballistic Knife for knife-only games. It seems that the knifing range is increased a bit while using the Ballistic Knife, and it's obvious the knifing speed is quicker.

I'm going to agree with Arcanine and Alex, Second Chance is a purely stupid perk. It gives terrible players a Second Chance to kill you, which they don't deserve. If they kept it as a death streak, it wouldn't be as bad, people would only get it every few deaths, but now they get it every time they should die.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Do you think the Second Chance mechanic is complicated to comprehend or something? Is that why you're having so much trouble with it? My own stats are irrelevant, and I will not resort to sharing them with you because regardless of my ability, the point still stands that you need to learn how to deal with the perk better, like, I dunno, avoiding close combat with enemy team members who have the perk? Never mind that fighting up close is risky behaviour anyway, and if you so choose to get that close, then you will have to face the consequences of doing so. Mind you, there's risk involved with most actions, but if Second Chance is that big of a problem for you, then you should probably stop acting like Rambo and fall back a bit.
    It doesn't matter if you're the biggest rusher in the game, or the biggest camper, you'll always have to deal with Second Chance. If you tend to be more aggressive like me, then you'll have to deal with being knifed or hip fired instantly as soon as someone goes down. If you play more conservatively then you'll have to deal with your kills being revived all of the time because you're too far away to finish them off. The perk is like the plague, so many people use it and it's impossible to not find it being abused.

But even if you want to stay up close, all you have to do is hit the enemy just once after they're knocked into Second Change, and they will die. One hit is all it takes - is that really so difficult? Heck, it seems pretty fair to me, since you both have the opportunity to kill each other with one hit. I'm more bothered about the fact that my team mates can easily steal my kills, but then again I've never been one to care about points.
    I'm aware it only takes one shot, I've killed literally hundreds of people on the game using it. One hit IS difficult when the enemy is right in front of you and you don't even have time to look down to shoot before they knife you or spray off their pistol at you. This is why I'm saying you don't play the game, because if you did you'd have surely encountered this situations many times. How exactly are you getting that we both have the same opportunity? For example, if I'm not using second chance and the enemy is, it'll only take him three bullets to kill me. If he's using it it'll take me three bullets, plus the extra one to kill him. Now, taking into account the fact that obviously shots will be missed, it'll end up taking me quite a few more shots to kill him than me. Oh. Let's not forget that once he gets his cheap kill on me, he has the opportunity to have a teammate come up and revive him. So what we're left with is me deserving to get the kill, and getting nothing. What part of that screams 'fair' to you?
    If you weren't so stubborn, more flexible and more willing to improvise and change strategies, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. This isn't just applicable to CoD, but life in general dude.
    I'm not stubborn, and very flexible and I've had to adapt to killing people using the perk. That still doesn't change the fact that you'll get killed by it. It's inevitable. I haven't met a single person online who hasn't been killed by someone in Second Chance. Maybe you're just perfect, and a better player than I, but for me it'll always be problem and a huge annoyance.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • A few days ago I beat the game on Veteran (and got all the intel). I've got to say it's the easiest CoD I've played on Vet. There were a few parts where I had to replay a few times, but for the most part is was really really easy (just had to take my time and use a lot of cover).

And as for the multiplayer... there's going to be a title update come out soon (maybe sometime this week). It's going to fix a few things, and I think after that comes out they're going to be tweeking the snipers a little.

Title update
    Spoiler:

Sniper update
    Spoiler:

So maybe in the next few weeks we'll be seeing some changes to the game. I hope they're for the better...
    I'm glad they're doing something to the knife, because something is really wrong if you can do stuff like this... or this... And I've seen my share of Commando knives. I've been ripped off before, 1 away from a high killstreak (normally Chopper Gunner) and I'm shooting at the person and hitting them but they Commando lunge me. They took Commando out as a perk and put it into the normal knife system. So I'm happy that they're dumbing down the knives.

I also like the idea of them making Ninja better, and also like the idea of them tweeking the spawns (I am sick of enemies spawning behind me on Array, as well as other maps). I'm also happy that they're making the sniper accuracy better.

One thing I don't like is...
    "Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time."
    I can understand it... I mean people hate when a Chopper Gunner is in the air and it spawns them outside and they die over and over... yea I'm sure that gets annoying. But the reason why I hate that is because I get Chopper Gunners all the time. And there has been many many times where I get shot down before I'm able to get a shot off (or at the very least I get one kill and then I'm down). It's really really hard to kill people trying to shoot you down, and now they're making it where you can't see the spawns right away? I think Chopper Gunners and Gunships will be even more useless after the update due to them getting shot down a lot quicker. Now I'd be perfectly fine with this if they gave more flares. As it stands now it takes 2 shots to take down any of the three helicopters. Why is this fair? I mean you got to get 11 kills (10 with Hardline) to get a Gunship, so why is it fair that you get shot down right away? I think it needs to take 3 shots using a Strela-3 (as in if a M72 LAW hit it then it'd just hurt it. I'm not 100% sure but I think as it is now LAWs can take down a Chopper Gunner) to take down a Chopper Gunner, and 4 shots (Strela-3) to take down a Gunship. Because the game is so team basted you need to work as a team to take stuff down.
    I just think it's stupid that if I earn a Chopper Gunner or Gunship that they'll get taken down right away. If they were stupid enough to get killed by me 9 or 11 times then they need to suffer a little. I can't stand getting shot down by someone going 4 and 14. They're not good enough to earn high killstreaks but they're able to take them down in the blink of an eye, I don't think that's right.

In fact here's a vid from WingsofRedemption with probs he has with the game. And a lot of stuff he says in here I agree with 100%. Now there is lots of swearing in the vid so I'll will give that warning out there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz3hey5NrM

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    One thing that truly pissed me off with the knifing system is this glitch that happened to me recently. I was walking through a doorway, and right as I saw the guy I get knifed. Now normally I'd be fine with that, I just wasn't fast enough to react. Except this time, the guy was looking in the opposite direction, with him and I being back to back from each other... and yet he somehow still was able to knife me. I have NEVER seen this in an another CoD game. Looking through his killcam, it shows me walk right passed him and me being BEHIND him. I guess this would be categorized under the whole "lag" thing, but this just blew my mind. Maybe I'll have to find the game and upload that segment to show you guys.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I got BO as soon as it came out. My brother would not let me play it on the PS3 because he is so slack, so I went and bought it on the Wii. One thing I noticed is that the Jungle and Cracked levels have a much darker lighting than the PS3 game :/

The AK47 and G11 and Dual Scorpions are the guns I love to use ^.^ I am currently prestige 1 level 13.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Besides the Second Chance and Gunship/Chopper Gunner problem he talks crap.

I agree, Droidz. He has a couple of valid points but besides those he's just being a whiny loser about being legitimately killed.
    The part about the flash and stun grenades, I can't stand getting stunned because the person isn't good enough to kill me on a gun on gun battle. So they'll throw everything they got until I'm blinded to death and then they'll kill me. No different then people who tube in MW2, they can't kill you with bullets so they run around and tube to get kills. And if you go to 6:15 you'll see that the people try everything in the world to kill him... grenades, flash bangs, crossbows, and everything.

The part about the spawns... they are STILL broken. I played on Array today (this is post patch, you can read my last post and it has a quote from them about the spawns), and they spawned behind me time and time and time again. Wings is 100% right about having them spawning at the bottom of the hill, and top of the hill. My team was at that car at the front door of the array (and around that area) and I watched the red dots on the UAV pop up showing them spawning at the top of the hill and when they died they spawned at the bottom, and then at the top again. There is no reason for them to spawn behind you on the largest map on the game.

Him losing the gunfight at 4:25 I will agree that it's just him mad about getting killed. He got like 1 or 2 hit markers and was just missing. As well as 5:57. I don't think he could have hit the person.

He's spot on about not being able to call in your Chopper Gunner (CG) or Gunship while the enemy has an Attack Helicopter (AH) in the air. Now if you had an AH then you can call in that in while they have one in the air. But if you got a CG or a Gunship... nope. I think that's stupid. And I think it's stupid that I can't call mine in if there's a friendly AH in the air. Many of my CG has been wasted due to a friendly AH in the air, I don't see the prob with 2 in the air. Yea a CG and a Gunship in the air fighting over kills might be a bit much. But if a team works together then they're able to rotate them. One is about to leave so the next person calls in theirs and by the time they get there they're ready to kill. And if the enemy team doesn't shoot them down then that's their prob.

And he's right about waiting 10-15 seconds just for the helicopter to leave. And then it takes another 7 seconds for the Gunship/Gunner to be in place to kill. And I think it's stupid that you can get shot down right away while in Gunship/Gunner. If you're shooting something down then you can get a lock on before the person opens the door in a CG (it's happened to me, couldn't get a single shot off due to them shooting me down right away). And in my last post I said I wasn't sure about the LAWs taking down a CG... well I tested it out in a game, a LAW will take them down. I shot at one and the flares came out, I died and shot at it again and took it down. A weapon that can hardly kill a person on the ground (play Gun Game, you can put it right next to someone and it not kill) can take down a CG, that's stupid.

Yea he might complain a lot, but a lot of the things he complains about are things that people should complain about. Why can a high killstreak get shot down in the blink of an eye, why doesn't the person who puts someone in Second Chance get the kill for it, why are the spawns broken, etc. And if people don't complain or talk about it then nothing is ever going to get done. Treyarch is fixing things right now, and while they're fixing things people need to tell them what's broken and needs to be changed. Because they aren't going to patch things forever.

Yea, he camps a lot. He even says he camps in that vid, he's built a channel with 135,000+ subs on camping. But it still makes lots of good points, many that I agree with as of late (he has made some messed up comments like if you use Stopping Power on a sniper on MW2 then you're a bad sniper or something like that).
    And nice link. I'm guessing it's not just to Wings, but to everyone else on CoD and everyone else in this thread? Complain about Second Chance, complain about tubes, knives, etc?

Anyway, the patch came out a day or two ago. I'm quite happy with it, the red diamonds aren't as much as of a prob as I thought they'd be (but I still say they need more flares, and still say that a LAW shouldn't be able to take a Chopper Gunner or Gunship down with just one shot). I think the knives have been dumbed down a little, but I haven't really ran into many knifers so maybe I'll comment on a later time. What I'm most happy about is sniping. It's not as broken as it once was, the cross hairs now get smaller once you press the left trigger (like it should). You can't quickcope like you could in CoD4, and I think the wait time for a dead on shot is just a hair too long (split second). But still, I'm happy with the way it's going and even if they don't change it then I'll still be happy with sniping. Now if only they'd fix the spawns...

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • Your right Arcanine. He still has points about getting stunned to death because the person cant win a gun to gun fight, but stuns/flashbangs are still damn handy in game types like Search and Destroy where you can use them to your advantage because if you die you don't come back but in games like TDM or Dom its unnecessary. I just didn't like it when he started saying he doesn't like getting stunned when hes camping and said all of TreyArchs maps are camp un-friendly.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Your right Arcanine. He still has points about getting stunned to death because the person cant win a gun to gun fight, but stuns/flashbangs are still damn handy in game types like Search and Destroy where you can use them to your advantage because if you die you don't come back but in games like TDM or Dom its unnecessary. I just didn't like it when he started saying he doesn't like getting stunned when hes camping and said all of TreyArchs maps are camp un-friendly.
    Don't get me wrong, I use flash bangs. But I don't throw them like crazy like some people do. I'll use them to watch my back. Like if I think "Well... there's a chance someone might be coming up behind me" then I'll toss one that way to make sure no one is back there. I also throw them in on campers (yes, they need to be used on campers, Wings was camping in that room so it was perfectly fine to throw one in on him. Now when he was outside... that's a different story). Or if they're hiding behind something where only their head is showing I'll toss one and try to kill them, or toss one and run away. But I've been in games where I'm using a sniper and they'd toss them like crazy. I mean the only weapon worse then a sniper is a shotgun. So it's sad when people have to toss flash and stuns at a sniper just to kill them.

As for him saying they made it un-camp friendly... What I call camping is someone sitting in a room waiting for someone to come in. What he was doing in that part of the vid (in the room) was camping to me (I watched an FFA gameplay of him last night on Firing Range and he camped at the bottom of the hill looking back and forth). But what I do is hold down high traffic area's (some people might call this camping, if they do then that's fine), or in other words map control. Like I'll hold down one of the two middle buildings on Havana, or the wooden building on Firing Range, or the middle overlook building on Jungle. I put myself in an area where they're spawning all around me and I'm able to get kills. I will say it's harder to hold down an area of the map in Black Ops then the past CoD games. But as far as camping in the corner of a room with an SMG pointed at the door... that's never going to change.

Nope. Not everybody in this thread whines about everything. ;D
    Not everybody in this thread plays the game enough to know what to whine about. ;D
    Like I said, if things are broken then they need to be talked about.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Yeah but generally there's a difference between discussing things that could be improved and being childish enough to send nasty messages.
    One would also assume an intelligent person would be perceptive enough to pick up problems in game-play without devoting their entire life to a mediocre game that requires little to no skill in the first place.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I use flash bangs. But I don't throw them like crazy like some people do. I'll use them to watch my back. Like if I think "Well... there's a chance someone might be coming up behind me" then I'll toss one that way to make sure no one is back there. I also throw them in on campers (yes, they need to be used on campers, Wings was camping in that room so it was perfectly fine to throw one in on him. Now when he was outside... that's a different story). Or if they're hiding behind something where only their head is showing I'll toss one and try to kill them, or toss one and run away. But I've been in games where I'm using a sniper and they'd toss them like crazy. I mean the only weapon worse then a sniper is a shotgun. So it's sad when people have to toss flash and stuns at a sniper just to kill them.

I only throw Concussions when I am entering a room which people are shooting from. I do it so that they cant shoot me while I destroy any near by Claymores. And also if someone is coming in behind me in a room which I am in. I dont usually use them outside, unless my teamates are getting attacked and I cant see the enemy, I will throw a concussion over to were they are fighting.

Well I watched that video... Every time he got to that Crane area, behind the car he got grenades, flashbangs, and crossbows chucked/fired at him. Now he had every right to complain about that, because they chucked their whole inventory at him o_O I mean that is just noobish, and stupid, as you might need that equipment later on. I hate it when that happens as well. It happens a lot to me in NukeTown, people are just chucking crap at you from the houses >.>

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Well, Maybe that's just a player's tactic.I don't use it often, but if its allowed in the game,you really can't complain.Now glitching out of a kill,like Lag kills or spawn killed,I can understand.Even the back knife glitch can anger someone. But the stuff about flash bangs and grenades,thats just common for some gamers.

OAN:I was glitched into a wall today on the Dead Ops Arcade and couldnt get out D:< I died once but if it wasnt for it being quads and my team helping me out,I would've been a goner. : P

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • I think all of you "hardcore gamers" need to realize that this is a game. What's the point of complaining about dieing? It's your fault more that anyones. A game is for everyone to enjoy there selfs, get most of you think it's a way of life. News flash; Games are for fun. I know shock horrible? 'amma' right?

Take it down a notch, stop complaining and enjoy the game.
    Edit; I realize that I'll be hated for this, but well it'll prove my point more than anything.

Back