• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Bummer, I was actually kind of looking forward to it. I've seen lots of people just suggesting it for Zombies too. Maybe a cool feature for next time.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I've heard that this'll have AI Bots for offline multiplayer, is this true, as it could decide whether I consider buying it or not (MW2 offline was ok, but some of the maps were a little too big for just 4 players)?
    It's called Combat Training. You can do it offline, you can do it online with friends, and iirc you can also do it where you have friends on your team, and friends on the enemy team and both of you have AI teammates as well. You can read a little more about it in the link below.
    https://www.callofduty.com/intel/360

i see what you mean why would it be in the editions if it is gonna be in the store for download well i think it will be in the store for download but not for a while till they do it probably wont do it till they make the map-packs for black op's i mean the edition is for early access for the four zombie maps i dont think ther gonna play keep away and only the edition gets it and thats it i knew i should of went for the editions i just didnt care to want the extra rc car or badge and so on once i heard the four maps were in it i tried to switch but it was too late =/
    I don't think they'll bundle it with the map packs. They can make more money off of it by selling it as a stand alone DLC. But I do believe they will be out someday.

And for me, I always pre-order as soon as I see the edition I want (it's not like I lose any money by not waiting). I know of a few people who waited too long and they couldn't get the Hardened edition.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I also know of a few people who waited too long and couldn't get the hardened edition.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I pre-order the presige one.

It is so cool that you can play with friends online, my friends will love that.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Much like Arcanine said, that's why I tend to pre-order the edition I want as soon as I can. Guaranteed to get it in the end. :P

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    REALLLLLY!!?!?!?!?! Thank god.

I hate having to watch people play CoD, as fun as it is playing.
    https://www.callofduty.com/intel/407

I never liked split screen, even back in the days of the N64 playing games on split screen. So the only reason why I care for that little piece of info is the fact that being split screen chances are "JD_2020(1)" will not be a good player and thus easy pickings, and the fact that "JD_2020" will have half their screen taken up so that person should be easier then normal to kill.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm going to go ahead and say that the Last Stand Pro will be the first major annoyance of the game. More than 10 seconds is too long.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I just hope it's not as long as it was in WaW (30 seconds). 10 was really nice, but anything above 15 is going to get annoying, and if it's 30 then I'd hate to see a whole team running with it.

Anyway, who is planning on getting Black Ops the first week? I wouldn't mind doing a launch week PC gaming event, but I want to see how many will have it before setting it in stone. If we do have it then it'll be the Saturday after Black Ops comes out (the 13th).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'll have it on the midnight release for sure. So if you plan on doing a X360 one, I'll definitely take part in it.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I will get it right after I get home from school so that will be like 4:30. I would play the PS3 one.

Shirō.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now, and I do plan on getting it on release day. I'd be up for 360 event.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I am getting midnight release on both 360 and PS3 so I will be ready for any black ops events on any one of those consoles.
    SPOILERS!-->By the way if any of you are interested, there is a legit youtube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWCFT92hVDY on the new "Dead Ops" zombie mode in black ops. Its zombies with black ops guns instead of the world at war guns, and I am not sure if the wunderwaffe and the ray gun/monkey bomb make a return from the original zombies. The four original characters also return. Near the end it shows a couple seconds of a new zombie type that looks somewhat like the swampy mudmen from L4D2. It looks like it always crawls and when it dies it releases a poisonous gas that can damage you if you come in contact with it. I can tell that Dead Ops will definently be fun to play.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ugghhhhh, I knew for sure that the old characters would pop up in the old maps that are being revamped for Black Ops...but I hope they don't show up on ALL the new maps. I kind of want some new characters. As for the rest of that, pretty happy about it. =D

Kinda figured that Dead Ops would be the new name for Zombies. Lots of people were hoping they'd be two entirely different things... but it was kind of obvious. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Apparently the old zombie characters aren't the only characters you can use.

Watch this while it's still up.

Years
    It's called Combat Training. You can do it offline, you can do it online with friends, and iirc you can also do it where you have friends on your team, and friends on the enemy team and both of you have AI teammates as well. You can read a little more about it in the link below.
    https://www.callofduty.com/intel/360

Cheers for that, I've had a look, though it doesn't say much regarding AI teammates. Is Combat Training basically a jazzy name for offline and private online multiplayers then?

Back