• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
  • I think its a bit harsh to hate having bad players on your team, its even worse to say they should only play FFA were they will probably play worse (more campers, snipers etc.).

In a weird way, it all ends up adding to the same score anyway. If the team overall plays bad but one players goes 30-2 or something, he will probably steal a few kills that a negative player could have got. I prefer teams were everyone is almost equal, all on positive.

^That makes less and less sense each time I read it but I'll keep it there.

Also, I know that you can go 2-20 without even playing particularly badly. You probably have to run into a few campers to get to this but most of the deaths when I have a bad K/D are from random kills from behind or across the map.

I agree with Alternative when he says that he plays it for fun (although I never play much because there is no fun to have on BO). It is a game after all.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I'm usually that guy at the top of the leaderboard after the game. Not exaggerating at all, I'd say at least 90% of the time I'm the highest scorer. I think I finished the lifetime challenge for MVP by 4th or 5th prestige, maybe even sooner.

Then again, scoring on Domination isn't hard.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • What?

Playing last night I pulled off a nice start to an S&D game on Firing Range. I got a quad spray and the killcam the first round. Second round I got another 3 or 4 kills. So 2 rounds in I had 7 or 8 kills (keep in mind all of that took place in like 40-60 seconds, both rounds together). The rest of the game was blah for me. But it would have been nice to rewatch what I did... but since theater mode is broken it didn't record the game. In fact it didn't record a ton of games. I played 5 to 10 games of S&D last night but it only shows the first game I played. It's not due to host leavings or anything like that, we backed out of the lobby a time or two as well (like we played a game, and then left, found another lobby, etc).

Has anyone else been having probs with the theater lately?

I meant at the Zombie course, (both places government and a place where you get water) The zombies breaks the walls, kill the zombies and rebulid the walls..

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • On another topic, I took a break from my Xbox recently and when I came back I actually found Black Ops quite refreshing. I've taken another break because my exams start next week but I think the best thing to do if you realise that you're not playing as well as you normally do is not to get frustrated but just turn off your console and do something else.
    I took a month long break from Black Ops at one point because I was bored to death of the game (and this was only a few months after it came out). Taking a break from the game really does help out.
    As for getting off when you're not doing good. I'll agree it's the smart thing to do. I just wish I had enough common sense to get off. XD

Lemme pull up the famas's in game stats and that can shed some light on the gun

so there really is no wonder why a ton of people are overusing this, like a kid overuses sugar in a cake.
    Yes I know all about the Famas' stats... they're the same as the AUG... right down the line. The Famas has a quicker normal reload, and the AUG has a quicker empty reload. The iron sights are the same, and the recoil is the same. So why is the Famas "over powered"? Because it's overused. You said it yourself "You dont see every bill and jack using the AUG do you?", it's overused. And why do you see the Famas everywhere and not the AUG? "Famas Level Unlocked: 14", "AUG Level Unlocked: 26". People see the Famas is good and they don't give anything else a chance. I mean it's a good weapon, it's a pretty solid weapon with some good starts... not my personal pick but it's a good weapon. And the one and only reason why I have a Famas on my classes over an AUG is because I like the sound of the Famas better. And that's what it comes down to, personal preference. Do you like the Famas or the AUG?... Personally I like the Galil and I've got the stats to prove that in my hands you need to be more scared I have a Galil then if I had a Famas/AUG. Going by weapon stats the Galil isn't as good as them two, but going by my stats I beg to differ. Do you like the Commando or the AK47, both have the same stats. I personally like the Commando where Alex likes the AK47, he says the AK is better, I say the Commando is better. But both have the same stats (other then the reload, the has an all around better reload but if all you run is SoH like we do then it's not that big a prob), so it comes down to personal preference.

And the game is sooooo connection based, it doesn't matter what weapon you have. If you have a mid to low 3 bar and the enemy has a solid 4 you're going to lose 90% of your gun fights if up close, not because of the weapon but because of the connection.
    I was wondering which killstreak setup the other members of the community favoured?

They're rewarding enough if you have a good game and even if you don't, you can still call in Spy Planes to help the team.
    Spy Plane/Counter/Care Package in S&D.
    Spy Plane/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner in TDM. (and I never play TDM anymore, thus why my K/D is dropping)
    Unless the whole enemy team is running Ghost then the best thing you can do as far as helping the team is run Spy Plane. Like you said, if you're having a good or bad game it's not hard to get 3 kills (2 with Hardline). I hate to play a TDM and hear the little friendly RC cars drive off, I'm sitting there thinking "You'll get maybe 1 kill with that... if you had Spy Plane it could tell us where some people are, where they're spawning, etc".
    For me I think it's sort of a waste if I use a Counter in TDM because I'm able to get a Blackbird or Chopper Gunner. But one or two people running Counter is really nice (more so if they're the type to run around and get 3 or 4 kills and then die).

I think its a bit harsh to hate having bad players on your team, its even worse to say they should only play FFA were they will probably play worse (more campers, snipers etc.).

In a weird way, it all ends up adding to the same score anyway. If the team overall plays bad but one players goes 30-2 or something, he will probably steal a few kills that a negative player could have got. I prefer teams were everyone is almost equal, all on positive.
    No good player in their right mind would agree with that... and if they do then they only care for their K/D and could care less about their W/L. It's not harsh to say "I don't want crappy players on my team", because why would I want a team full of retards that just run to the enemy and die over and over? And you know what happens if they die over and over? They give the enemy team Spy Planes, they give the enemy team air support, they up the enemy score. Why would I want that on my team? I'd take a 1v6 (me being the 1) over a 6v6 where it's me and 5 stupid players on my team. I'm being as honest as as I can be... I can win a 1v6 TDM (it's not hard), but I can't win if I have 5 people dragging the team down.
    And if they're too stupid to have a little common sense about the game then yes, they need to be playing FFA... or Combat Training. I could care less if they do worse in FFA, as long as they're out of my hair. I'm not playing the game to give out free lessons or hold their hands and help them along in the world of CoD. If they can't kill people then that's their own fault, they want to be stupid, they want to play stupid, and then when you call them out they spit out some stupid reply.

As for the 30-2 thing... yea you could say that person took a few kills. But on the flip side... that person is likely keeping that enemy from killing them teammates. If I'm in a TDM game getting 30+ kills don't you think that maybe if I weren't there then my team would likely get more deaths? I'd say between 4 and 7 more deaths per person. I know for a fact that if I'm in a party of 6 I'll get less deaths, because the people in my party knows how to kill the enemy. Sure the super high "30+" games aren't as common as if you were playing by yourself, but like I said... less deaths.

And after playing the new maps a little more I can give my input on them (and I'll try to make them quick, this post is already tl;dr XD). All I've played is Search, so it's from an S&D POV.

~ Convoy
    This map always gets voted, and once it's over it gets voted again. All people do on this map is camp in the spawn area. At least 2 people go up to get on the sign areas, and others move up a little on the road and camp. You can plant A or B with no probs at all... because no one is defending them... they're camping at the signs.

~ Stockpile
    I think this is likely my fav out of the new maps, I know everyone fights for the main building and I am sick of snow maps, but still I like the map. And since everyone fights for the main building B is such an easy plant. I think this would be a pretty fun TDM or Dom map (if you can get B that is).

~ Zoo
    I haven't played on Zoo all that many times. I've had some ok game on it, and I've had some bad games on it. Maybe I'm just not used to the map yet and not sure where I should go or what I should do.

~ Hotel
    Camp camp camp camp camp camp... oh did I mention camping? On the planting side people won't pick up the bomb, they'll just be all the way in the back or up on the second level at the elevators. They'll put up claymores and motion sensors and just camp it out.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I think it's too early to be judging the maps right now. I remember when First Strike came out, everyone was camping their balls off. It's gotten much better now.

I agree with the FAMAS thing. I'm decent with the FAMAS and AUG, but the Galil and Commando are my two very best guns (actually SPAS-12 might be, according to my stats). It comes down to preference entirely. Not everyone finds the FAMAS usable, but I guess most do. That's why it's overused. And that's why people assume it's overpowered.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • I agree with the FAMAS thing. I'm decent with the FAMAS and AUG, but the Galil and Commando are my two very best guns (actually SPAS-12 might be, according to my stats). It comes down to preference entirely. Not everyone finds the FAMAS usable, but I guess most do. That's why it's overused. And that's why people assume it's overpowered.

Agreed, Though I used to use the AUGMAS47, I dropped it after realizing that ~75% people used it. Then I found the Commando, Skorpian, MPL, PM63, Kiparis...

And on the killstreak rewards thing, my main two setups are
    SP/CSP/CP- I use this most of the time, for search and ctf
    CSP/BB/Dogs- mostly for when I run my MPL class on TDM, though I haven't done that in a while

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • About the new maps, which I haven't played them all yet, I'll just give my review on Hotel and Convoy, since they're the only maps I've played heavily-ish right now. :)

Hotel is a decent map, with lots of snipers. As long as they're not quick-scopers, I'm fine. I will admit that I do snipe on this map, but I don't sit in those two rooms which everyone sits in. I also do run around, and change my position a lot in the game. There's lots of possibilities as to where you can sit and snipe people. :)

Convoy, I've got to say is probably my favourite map in the pack. It's really good for those close quarters shootouts, as well as space for sniping and camping. It's also got plenty of space for those people who like to use mostly assault guns. :) Probably the most balanced map in the pack. :D

But the big one I like to talk about is Call of the Dead. I know it's probably not just me, but after a while from playing a map, you see everything, and then think about how big it really is. I did the same with Ascension, and then thinking it's big, but not really that big. Maybe the size of Five or something. This map is huge, and it's really fun to play. Zombies coming out of the ground from the start instead of the windows is different, since you get all your powerups early on. This is a map you need to move quickly, or you will get trapped. It's also a huge map, and lots of places to get trapped, so opening those key places up will help you get far in the game.

New guns are the Scavenger, a Sniper Rifle, which is also essentially a Crossbow-esque type gun, with hitting them, and then exploding a short time later. It's very powerful, and when upgraded, the explosive radius is much bigger, and has infra-red sighting. The other one is the V-R11. It essentially takes the element 115 out of the zombies, turning them back into humans, which is nice as a distraction. No idea what upgraded does, but I'm assuming it has something to do with explosive action or something.

Easter Eggs from this game, while I only know of two of them (and there's probably more), they're actually fun to use I guess. The song is again, activated by meteors in three different places, and plays an Avenged Sevenfold song. The other one is when you turn on the power, you can start to hear the old crew (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen) talking to you through a door. It seems like they've been teleported there by accident, and you need to help them out through various, easy, lengthy and daunting tasks. At the end, they disappear, and you get an achievement or two (solo or co-op) for it.

Overall, it's a fun map, and it's quite large as well. At first it may seem daunting, but you will get used to it in due time. The difficulty seems to have been raised I think, or that's what it seems like to me, so if you're quite decent at zombies, and can get past round 25 on it, then you have earnt my respect. When I say difficulty, I mean you have to of gotten Juggernog around the round 10 line, instead of the round 13-14 line as you would need in the other maps.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    XBL had a tutorial of sorts on the Easter Egg with the old crew and my gawd. How daunting of a task that is to actually get the achievement. I couldn't believe it to be honest, so many little things you need to do. I would have never even thought about some of this stuff. Really cool easter egg.

Back