• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Calling "Location Signposts"

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
  • Hey everyone.

I've got a problem on my hands.
    I have looked at it myself, but I'm just too inept at scripting to make heads or tails of it.

I'm trying to display the "location signpost" on command. (The textbox, with the name of an area, you see when you enter the area, in the top left corner.)

I have an "overworld" in my game, like a hubworld so to speak.
    I want to display the name of a city or area when you stand close to/on top of that area, but I don't know how to do it.

yrvumc.png

I want to display a "location signpost" that says " Red area" when I'm on the tiles for the red area, and "Blue area" when I'm on top of the blue tiles, and so forth.

I hope someone knows how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance! ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    What mej71 said, and then use the following script (replace "location name" with the name of the location):
    Code:
    $scene.spriteset.addUserSprite(LocationWindow.new("LOCATION NAME"))

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Sounds good, but wouldn't this mean that the window disappears after the 1.5 sec it's supposed to be active in normal usage?

EDIT: Maybe I should just use PlayerTouchEvents with ParallellProcess ShowPicture with a picture with the Area-Nname.
    And then PlayerTouchEvents outside the area with DeletePicture?

EDIT2:
    I solved it.
    I used assigned the players coordinates to variables and checked where on the map the player was. If the player was on top an area, it shows a picture, with a graphic of a Area-Name-Text-Box.
    adeba863e3e44d6eb9691d9d3d47b071.png

Last edited:
    Back