• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can any one rate this 4 move of Articuno

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    Articuno @ Nevermelt Ice
    Ice Beam 10/10 Power 95 Accuracy 100
    Blizzard 5/5 Power 120 Accuracy 70
    Mind Reader 5/5 The Next attack will surely hit
    Sheer Cold 5/5 Power One Hit KO Accuracy 30
    I used to combine Mind Reader and Sheer Cold

enyce

banned
    Years
    usually its bad to have 2 moves of the same, type although I do it a lot....you have three and two of them have horrible accuracy...

I would drop blizzard, base power is 120. A alot of power but not so good accuracy. I would keep ice beam over blizzard indefinatly. Mind reader and sheer cold are a nice combination. If you can wait one turn for a guranteed hit instead of a 30 % chance.

But I would keep Ice Beam, becuase its PP is good and with PP up I could get 16 PP with it. Mind Reader and Sheer cold are alright with me. If you have pokemon XD I would purify it and give it either heal bell wich heals all status problems...

Or Extrasensory, its a Psychic move with a base power of 80 and has 30 PP and 100 accuracy. Pretty good move

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Nooooooo, don't use OHKO moves. Everyone looks down on those. They show that you're a bad trainer with no skill. And don't use 10% boosting items like Nevermeltice since they are overall useless in the long run.

The standard Articuno is a defensive Pokemon with the following moves:

Articuno @Leftovers
    Ice Beam
    Roar
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

This works best if you have another Pokemon to lay down 3 layers of Spikes. Ice Beam away, but when you're weak, Rest and use Sleep Talk to attack. You may pick Roar, which is fine since the enemy will take Spikes damage when switching in. Also, Articuno has the Pressure trait so it can easily stall your opponents out of PP.

An Articuno from Pokemon XD can learn Heal Bell which is great since it can wake itself up from its sleep, as well as heal other Pokemon in your team.

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    aragornbird said:

Nooooooo, don't use OHKO moves. Everyone looks down on those. They show that you're a bad trainer with no skill. And don't use 10% boosting items like Nevermeltice since they are overall useless in the long run.

The standard Articuno is a defensive Pokemon with the following moves:

Articuno @Leftovers
    Ice Beam
    Roar
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

This works best if you have another Pokemon to lay down 3 layers of Spikes. Ice Beam away, but when you're weak, Rest and use Sleep Talk to attack. You may pick Roar, which is fine since the enemy will take Spikes damage when switching in. Also, Articuno has the Pressure trait so it can easily stall your opponents out of PP.

An Articuno from Pokemon XD can learn Heal Bell which is great since it can wake itself up from its sleep, as well as heal other Pokemon in your team.

I usually like substitute on my Arti. More movesets you can make out of it:

Articuno@Leftovers (<<Ahem, ALWAYS use Lefties)
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Protect/Toxic
    - Rest
    Very, very, VERY, VERY annoying and a master at PP stalling. Use this if you're in a mood for a very boring stall battle.

Articuno@Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Heal Bell
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Ah yes, good ol' Resttalk Heal Bell. If you get lucky, you can wake up in the middle of sleeping.

Articuno@Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Light Screen/Reflect
    - Roar
    - Rest
    Pseudo-passer/Phazer. I just made this up right now at the top of my head. XD

As you can see from the above movesets, Articuno is best at stalling and should never more than 2 moves (if 2 at all).

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    I just use this because i want my Articuno to be an Agressive and powerful
    I'm Planing to Teach him
    Steel Wing 25/25 Power 70 Accuracy 90
    Can this move swap with the blizzard move

Sorry Guys but i want my Articuno like this having an Aggresive Hope you understand

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Golden Mew said:
    I'm Planing to Teach him

Sorry Guys but i want my Articuno like this having an Aggresive Hope you understand

Well, keep in mind that an "aggressive and" articuno isn't all too usefull and definitely isn't going to be powerful, as it has a low attack stat, meaning it can't do anything effective on the physical side, and it has a low special attacking movepool, consisting of Water Pulse, Ice Beam, and a special type hidden power, Water Pulse and Hidden Power not being to powerful in the first place. Not to mention that Blizzard's low accuracy and PP are not compensated for by it's power.

Silverwing

Under the Sun, Over the Sky~
    Years
    Golden Mew said:
    I'm Planing to Teach him

Uh...
    Red Lugia said:
    As you can see from the above movesets, Articuno is best at stalling and should never more than 2 moves (if 2 at all).

It's your choice if you want to use an offensive Articuno, but I can tell you right now that you're not going to get very far with it. Why? Because 1) It has a bad offensive movepool and 2) His attack power isn't very good. The most you can do to the average rock type is about 40-45% with Steel Wing (assuming that the defensive Pokemon is at the same level), which of course, isn't good at all. Just stick with one of the posted sets. If you insist on having an offensive Articuno, just use this set (again, I just made it up right now to suit your needs. o.o;; ):

Articuno@Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - HP: Grass
    - Toxic
    - Substitute

Even then, its still a little defensive.

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    I know Guys that articuno is a defensive one but i train it as an offensive one having the following stat at lvl 85
    Attack 223
    Defense 163
    Sp. Attack 182
    SP. Defense 259
    Speed 228

enyce

banned
    Years
    Golden Mew said:
    I know Guys that articuno is a defensive one but i train it as an offensive one having the following stat at lvl 85
    Attack 223
    Defense 163
    Sp. Attack 182
    SP. Defense 259
    Speed 228

he looks more physical to me....and could put his guard on a special attack....

but extrasensory, is a good move

Base Power: 80 Acc: 100 PP: 30

Any of the 3 legendary birds can learn it after purification, but if you dot have XD its out of the question

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    enyce said:
    he looks more physical to me....and could put his guard on a special attack....

but extrasensory, is a good move

Base Power: 80 Acc: 100 PP: 30

Any of the 3 legendary birds can learn it after purification, but if you dot have XD its out of the question

A Pokemon with Extrasensory suffers from the same reason Gengar suffers in using Psychic; it's not getting STAB.

CipherDakim12

Don't mess with this baby...
    Years
    Synchronize said:
    A Pokemon with Extrasensory suffers from the same reason Gengar suffers in using Psychic; it's not getting STAB.

Not every move is going to get a STAB. I'm not saying Extrasensory is meant for the 3 Legendary Birds, but its in some cases its better than Psychic, especially for the fact that Psychic has 1/3 the PP of Extrasensory, which means its suitable for longer battles.

Why just take a look at Shrifty? The poor guy needs it for those bad Fighting-types.

As for Articuno, this is my recommendation:

Articuno@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    252 Def/140 Sp Def/200 Spd

-Ice Beam
    -Rest
    -Toxic
    -Substitute

In situations it can help.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Cipher, do you play on netbattle? Just curious.

Psychic has 16 PP or 10 without PP-up enabled. If you have not KO-ed the other poke yet, you probably wont, period.

enyce

banned
    Years
    Kataphraktoi said:
    Cipher, do you play on netbattle? Just curious.

Psychic has 16 PP or 10 without PP-up enabled. If you have not KO-ed the other poke yet, you probably wont, period.

PP up is so hard to find, if you dont have a gameshark or some kind of cheat device.

If you could buy it, that be wonderful.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    enyce said:
    PP up is so hard to find, if you dont have a gameshark or some kind of cheat device.

If you could buy it, that be wonderful.

You can get PP Ups from FireRed/LeafGreen, if you have 1000 berry powder, you can go to the man in Cerulean City (in the house to the right of the house with the man who explains badges).
    It can also be bought in Emerald in the bazaar in Slateport City, still for 1000 berry powder, from the lady who has a strange signpost next to her.

Sorry if this went too far off-topic.

~Kucheat

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    :mew: Guys I don't want this topic to go on I just reseted my game for having a weak pokemon party so I suggest that this Thread is now + CLOSED + even I'm not a moderator
    Hope You guys understand me

JakeDaRappa

~Prof. Jake~
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    Golden Mew said:
    Articuno @ Nevermelt Ice
    Ice Beam 10/10 Power 95 Accuracy 100
    Blizzard 5/5 Power 120 Accuracy 70
    Mind Reader 5/5 The Next attack will surely hit
    Sheer Cold 5/5 Power One Hit KO Accuracy 30
    I used to combine Mind Reader and Sheer Cold
    Dude, thats exactly what my articuno knows (except instead of Mind Reader, it knows fly!) Mine has never EVER fainted, but its on level 100, so ill give that a 7 out of 10

electricgrass

I'm a prodigy in progress
    Years
    JakeDaRappa said:
    Dude, thats exactly what my articuno knows (except instead of Mind Reader, it knows fly!) Mine has never EVER fainted, but its on level 100, so ill give that a 7 out of 10

-that has to be the stupidest comment and move set ever, even though articundo is still defensive that moveset is worthless, and the worst part is without the right TM;s and games that is pretty close to articundo's best potential, but any way DO NOT LISTEN TO JAKEDARAPPA

-and go with the defensive articundo

-also i think without XD or a good HP this is all i think that is good with articundo

ice beam
    sheer cold/rest/toxic/mist/sleep talk
    mind reader/rest/toxic/mist/sleep talk
    water pulse/rest/toxic/mist/sleep talk

Back