• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
  • I have a problem with my opponent when playing the TCG. When he draws a card, he draws Turtwig, attaches 1 Grass Energy, then after my turn(which is after the previous statement), he evolved his Turtwig into Grotle, which is the next card he draw, and at his next turn he draws a Torterra. How could this happen?

Here is the order of his deck at that moment(this is when drawing 7 cards at the start):
    Grass Energy
    Grass Energy
    Cyclone Energy
    Cyclone Energy
    Turtwig
    Grotle
    Torterra

Can someone help me with this problem?

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Pokemon Card

First of all, it is not that he is lucky with his cards. Actually there is a trick to these so call "lucky". First, for
    your information we pokemon tcg players will put all the pokemon accordingly to their evolution stage and energy required for all the attack.In other words, before the game he put all the basic pokemon and their evolution such as he stage 1 and stage 2 pokemon together and also don't forget the energy required.This method, made him easy to get the pokemon evolve's card faster. The reason why most of us do this is because we want to check if the deck got all the requirement for all the pokemon, it is like a check list for us. If the player did not shuffle the deck well, he will be very "lucky". This is just my opinion, you can try it if you want.

Last edited:

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
  • At tournaments and leagues, yes. Some people can't be honest during casual play.
    Well, it's the way I've always done it. :P

Basically, they're cheating. Just get your opponent to shuffle your deck and you shuffle theirs at the start. That's probably the only way to prevent it.

hoouyol

Advance Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Cards

No matter how you shuffle, you can't mess the whole deck up!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Separate the deck into 6 piles, placing one card in each pile at a time. Stack the piles in a random order.
    If you want to kill time, repeat. When you're done, shuffle it as normal, then cut the deck.

I can do this in a fairly short amount of time. No big deal, really.

Back