• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cast Away

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If you got stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere, what pokémon do you think would be most handy to have with you?

If you only had one?

If you could have several?

Years
    I guess a Machamp, because they'd be able to do all the heavy lifting and such so I wouldn't have to exert myself, and also a bulky water type, say, Milotic, that can constantly provide me with fresh water, as well as go into the sea and catch animals to eat. That would be a pretty good set up, I think. Oh, and also a flying type like Noctowl to try and scout planes/helicopters to save me.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Dialga.

Because let's just time warp to where I look like the crusty Tom Hanks that can spear any fish.

But really, I'd take Delphox. Let the psychic power move things around, and the fire to stay warm.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Dragonite

I wouldn't mind one that has a plethora of hm moves, so it can cut all down trees and smash all rocks that get in my way. it could even surf or fly me out of there, if I dont starve to death on the way out.

I could even get it to start a hurricane, that would give me a chance to be discovered by a scout plane or something :P

Years
    Even assuming that riding a Flying type Pokemon off the island would be cheating, I'd still pick a Tropius. It can learn a good chunk of HM moves, it could fly around in search of help, I could use its leaves as shade, and its fruit even provides me food should it be hard to come by on the island.

If more than one is an option, Blissey (food & first aid), Pidgeot (fishing) and Delphox (fire source & psychic abilities) would probably be at the top of my list as well.

Years
    Ninetales, it may use psychic attacks to lift things, fire attacks to well... make fire! We would be able to get out from there eventually.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were limited to only one option, I'd try my best to make some wise decision and go with Tropius. Why would I call it smart? Because it's a tropical Pokémon, and having it survive on an island would be difficult task for it. It's got long neck, so whenever I need something to be brought down from a tree, it'd be able to do these stuff for me instantly. It's able to fly, so ever time I need to get from one point to another without walking, I'd easily be able to hop on. Finally, it's got enough strength and courage to chase off other Pokémon, should they ever trouble me.

Few of my other choices would include Ninetales, Politoed, Skarmory, Chansey, and Togekiss.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I'd pick Hydreigon. It learns Fly and Surf so I'd just fly/surf off the island, get whatever I wanted/needed and come back to the island.

Back