• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chaining

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    How many pokemon have you chained (as in got the shiny)
    Which pokemon have you chained (as in got the shiny)
    Whats your favorite chaining location?
    How could chaining be improved?

I chained 1, Croagunk, and my favorite location is route 7 below Zubat roost.
    I think GF should have made it so every chain of 20 after the original 40 yields an additional perfect IV stat. This way players can be placed in a high risk high reward situation whether to chain to 40 and get a regular 2 IV shiny and stop or risk the shiny and go for 120 and get all 6 perfect IV's

Last edited:

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • but if you were able to chain to get a pokemon with 6 IVs, ditto wouldnt be able to be caught in the wild. cause then, breeders could easily get those hard to get perfect iv pokemon every other egg. so it isnt plausible to allow 6 IV pokemon be caught while chaining.

currently, i chain while trying to get eggs. so my chaining gets interrupted pretty often, so i never get shinies. the only shiny i got was a marowak from friend safari. but i may go chain for real in a little bit.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I used the Pokeradar and was chaining... I don't recall what kind, but I did encounter a shiny! A shiny Roselia broke my chain, but I caught her anyways of course :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So far, I got 3 shiny PKMN from chaining.
    A Slurpuff, and 2 Skiddos.

Word of advice though: don't go chaining if you're sleepy!
    The shaking grass becomes a blur. >.>
    My 37 chain streak for Flabébé was broken earlier today. <.<

Tunuko

Huntin' Shinies!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    Chaining, in order:

Skiddo
    Skiddo
    Pancham
    Smeargle (Accidental KO LOL)
    Smeargle