• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Years
    Victory confirmed by Krystia over my Gym. Indeed, that Gastrodon WAS my nightmare. Mandibuzz was the best matchup, but it turned into a wall match. I thought we were going to run each other out of moves, then you swapped and I followed suit knowing it would be back.

You are also correct about Manectric in that I didn't have a move for it. I really need to put Earthquake on my team; if that had been there, Manectric would have been routinely dealt with in the same fashion that I took out Mega Banette in a single blow earlier this evening. Not having it made that a challenge that was too much.

Then came the epic rematch between the walls about six or eight Pokémon later, with you finally getting the burn on me with Scald. Blowing sand was still lingering about as well and made it hard just for it to stay in, and then of course you swapped in Manectric. I had nowhere to go and that was that. I never got a crit. on Brave Bird, which had that happened in the first meeting of the pair might have led to a different result.

Well played, and a very good match! ^^

To be fair, most Gym Leaders will find a good team and stick with it. The only reason for changing the team is if something is not working against numerous challengers, not against just one. Also, Azumarill was already on my team (see past videos) and was the best choice to battle Sableye, which I noticed in a couple of your videos always led. That made it logical for me to lead with Azumarill. Had I won our match, there might have been a thought in changing the strategy to get rid of Azumarill and Sylveon before sending it out to harass the rest of the team (since Sableye IS weak to Fairy types). In that instance, it can harass literally at will.

The reason for Gym Leaders to be allowed to swap is indeed to allow some routine flexibility if something isn't working in numerous matches. It's not to counter a specific player or Pokémon; if it was, it would be a lot harder. We are under rules for how teams can be changed, and there was discussion about allowing a change every two weeks, but I think it's generally agreed we won't be swapping regularly. If I had not used Azumarill and continued to not use it after our match, then that would be a case for switching against you, and that is what is discouraged. I will still be using my Azumarill, so it is within what is allowed for me to plan to use it first knowing you would start with Sableye. :)

Oh Please, do not miss do not misunderstand me! D: It was fine, I know probably by now most of the GYM leaders knows about the existence of my Sableye. I was just hmm... giving feedbacks haha. It is a topic that I have been talking lately,its a little unstable, but then again it kind of sounds I just want to win too :C. It's cool. I am not against GYM leaders switching pokemon. I think its fair. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Oh Please, do not miss do not misunderstand me! D: It was fine, I know probably by now most of the GYM leaders knows about the existence of my Sableye. I was just hmm... giving feedbacks haha. It is a topic that I have been talking lately,its a little unstable, but then again it kind of sounds I just want to win too :C. It's cool. I am not against GYM leaders switching pokemon. I think its fair. :)
    Haha, thanks for clarifying. :) It's just a thing to offer fairness since challengers have all 719 - banned species to choose from, and can choose the ideal team, while Leaders are limited by type and can't choose ideal teams because they will have common weaknesses, so it's just to even the playing field somewhat.

And yes, switching it up is the best strategy. Lead with different Pokémon and different strategies every time. Keeps people guessing since every video shows up in here, and trying to plan for one strategy can end up getting a Leader's starter mercilessly slaughtered. I went on predictability, of course. :)

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    In all honesty, being restricted to six pokemon is hard. Maybe having two additional pokemon would help as players can alternate and mix their team up a bit. I mean its not exactly hard to pull off a win against a gym leader. Just show your true skill and you will earn badges accordingly.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    FX

I think I may have noticed a possible trend in what I think could be something you did to all your pokemon's names

lol

But nice, OP should be up to date with that... I've sent PM's to Tetra and Charizard Man. TGM's got school right now. Zekrom if you can sub for meeee, that's probably all I can do right now for this challenge :U

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I subbed in for Polar's Elite 4 spot and defeated Polar:

SCYG-WWWW-WWW9-C5RK

.....IDK how I beat him again at Doubles.

EDIT: But then we had a match for fun afterwards with different teams and he wrecked me so hard-_-
    Dat Scrafty/Mega Gardevoir combo.....

I think I may have noticed a possible trend in what I think could be something you did to all your pokemon's names
    The trend being....?

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I subbed in for Polar's Elite 4 spot and defeated Polar:

SCYG-WWWW-WWW9-C5RK

.....IDK how I beat him again at Doubles.

The trend being....?

OHHHHHH wait your IGN is Stella?!??

Dude

I just finished beating TGM for his symbol and I was trying to get your attention when I saw "Stella has challenged you to a battle"

I was like lol no, who is dis *****

Then I changed my shout out to "Stella?" trying to figure out what was going on... and... Wow, I didn't even realize your team was all fighting / flying hahah. Guess I have to wait 'til tomorrow to rematch you for my symbol :P My bad, I totally didn't even realize that was you.

But um - yeah beat TGM, got the Aquedut symbol woo

Battle Vid - Y9NG WWWW WWW9 C62Y

Had to take down Cyclone and Blueboi's battle videos to put some newer ones up. Zekrom's got our battle vid; so yeh. Tomorrow Ideals Dragon. Tomorrow. I will remember your name. And that's not a threat, that's an apology haha.

Reactions: Nah

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Had to take down Cyclone and Blueboi's battle videos to put some newer ones up. Zekrom's got our battle vid; so yeh. Tomorrow Ideals Dragon. Tomorrow. I will remember your name. And that's not a threat, that's an apology haha.
    This is exactly why I'm making sure challengers post any battles with me and I confirm them. :) Still have the vids if needed for a while, but no need to double up on them and quicker to delete my copy if not also posted.

Years
    I will do my little journey book ~

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Hi if this is still going on I would like to challenge Showdown edition
    Yeah, the league's still taking challengers. Fill out this sign up sheet and you can start battling the Gym Leaders:

Sign-Up Sheet:
    PokeCommunity username:
    Division being challenged:
    3DS FC/battle server alt(s):
    Team to be used (just the species is fine):

Also make sure to read the rules on the first page.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years

OHHHHHH wait your IGN is Stella?!??

Dude

I just finished beating TGM for his symbol and I was trying to get your attention when I saw "Stella has challenged you to a battle"

I was like lol no, who is dis *****

Then I changed my shout out to "Stella?" trying to figure out what was going on... and... Wow, I didn't even realize your team was all fighting / flying hahah. Guess I have to wait 'til tomorrow to rematch you for my symbol :P My bad, I totally didn't even realize that was you.

But um - yeah beat TGM, got the Aquedut symbol woo

Battle Vid - Y9NG WWWW WWW9 C62Y

Bleagh, that was an unsatisfying first official elite four battle. :c

Oh well, I got another one to do today still, and hopefully future ones will be better :3

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Bleagh, that was an unsatisfying first official elite four battle. :c

Oh well, I got another one to do today still, and hopefully future ones will be better :3

Yeah I can see why you're displeased with how it went - if you want when I get off work, I can rematch you with my same league team.

And I'm seeing a lot of scolipede love in the showdown division. This is pleasing to meh

Tetra, Charizard man, y'all gonna be around tonight? I have to wait half a day for one symbol, and I already have the other one. You two are all I can do tonight challenge wise :I

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    (Noob mode : ON)
    Sub??, What is that??
    (Noob mode: OFF)
    A substitute Gym Leader. If the leader you want to battle isn't around for 4 days or so, you can request to have someone else fill in for that person so you aren't waiting forever to complete your league challenge. So hit Falkbak up with a VM and/or PM. If he doesn't respond in a few days, ask for someone to sub for him and battle you. The substitute will use the same types that the original gym leader/elite 4 member is designated to use.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I'm available for the next hour bro, then I gotta split.

Dangit... you posted that at 3:09 PM my time; I don't get off work mon-fri until 4:15, and I have about a half hour commute home :c Are you gonna be on later, or early tomorrow? I'm probably going to sleep super early tonight, which means I'll be up early tomorrow.

Well dang, that was unfortunate. Burn on fire punch too, yeesh. Is that the Infect Badge for Archer then?

Sorry!, But there's a replacement for Falkbalk??
    (Noob mode : ON)
    Sub??, What is that??
    (Noob mode: OFF)

What Ideals Dragon said. But um. How long ago did you first contact Falkbalk, if you already did? If it's been 4 days since you challenged him in a way he'd be sure to see it, you can already get someone to sub. If not; yeah you're gonna have to PM / VM now, and wait the few days to see if he comes around.

I think the only gym leaders I donnnnn't see around that much are Falkbalk and MegaSeeker : ,

Where are you two. I miss you.

I'm gonna PM Tetra. Not sure when CM will be back. :V

MegaSeeker

Mega Stone Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2014
    I at least check my messages twice a day for challenges I just never post anything because I have no need to...Just message me anytime and I will see it and schedule a time to battle...Oh and TGM I think it was I am waiting for our battle so add me when you are ready =)

Back