• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Change text background

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Thanks, to install it i need phyton if I dont confuse no?. By the way, in the images shown i wonder, would the megaevolution system work fine with the changed Battleboxes?

Yes, you need Python and Devkitarm, and probably some other stuff that I don't remember.

No, Mega Evolution won't work with custom health boxes like this, because the button hides behind the box. Due to the transparency it would show through these health boxes. Also the icons will probably be in the wrong place.

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
    Years
    Well, sorry to bother you again but, what should I do to just remove the background color that loads with the text on the battleboxes, without adding the whole system of the BW battleboxes...?
    (sorry for my bad english)

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    That's much harder, you need to draw the name in a mirror, then binary OR the contents of the mirror and the HPBox object in VRAM.

In general, the function rboxid_clear_pixels in the FR idb sets the "canvas color" of the text, though since this is directly CPU set by the game ontop of the HP bar graphic, simply setting it transparent means that entire area would be transparent. If that's what you're going for though, I guess it'd be fine.

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
    Years
    Sorry for answering late, (and for asking "dumb" questions)
    so in order to do that, an custom proyect should be created?
    If I have understanded well, the FireRed.id file on the template shows the function you mentioned rboxid_clear_pixels, around line 158, and it leds to: 0x0800445C|1, so, Would I just need to change some bytes on offset 00 44 5C ?, if yes, to what, in order to make it transparent?

Back