• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Info: Changes to Forum Games - A Roundtable Discussion

Years
  • Alright, I have some quick thoughts I'm gonna drop and I'll bring in some more fleshed out responses when I have the time to tomorrow evening:

So, basically, personally I want Forum Games to always feel like a community and to not feel like a almost robotic VPP post farm where it feels like people are only posting to basically min-max their VPP. That community feeling has historically been fostered when people interact with each other through the various games, and I know many people, myself included, who have made friends in Forum Games over the past 12 years, and some of us even are still in contact to this very day. We probably wouldn't have managed to be friends if not for the community atmosphere the section has had.

I absolutely personally refuse to sign off on axing the current counting threads. They are assets to the section when people are chatting in them.

I do like that clans idea even at just a Forum Games level, though that will require a lot of administrative overhead if it's a longer term thing like VPP.

As specifically to the emoji game you started, Squirtlenator, I think that was more a failure of titling the game as, historically, PC's userbase hasn't exactly been a fan of heavy emoji usage. I think if you brought it back calling it Emoji Pictionary or something similar, people would probably be more likely to give it a chance.

Years
  • Hi everyone, I want to assure you I have NOT forgotten about this thread, but I do want to let it be known that we have come to a couple of decisions regarding some of these changes. Please note that your feedback is most appreciated, both here at this roundtable discussion, and anytime else as well.

Counting Games

We have made the decision to allow counting games to have periodic number-only posts. We strongly encourage you to continue conversation when posting in them. We will take action if you consistently disrupt the flow of the counting games by not contributing to the conversation that may be going on in them.

Thread Monopolization

We have agreed that it is time to begin enforcing our rule on monopolizing threads. While you guys have definitely brought up the fact that we may have to police the threads to make sure there isn't any monopolizing going on, we believe that doing such to start out may change the flow, potentially eliminating the need to. We want to encourage you to use the report system should there be a member who is not following the section rules; this notifies us that it's occurring, and helps us in not having to keep an eye over the section all the time as well!

We will have more to say later on about the Gender Race and how it can be changed. In the meantime, we continue to welcome additional thoughts/concerns about it!

Back