• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Planning] Choose your own adventure

Years
  • Last time I did this event was in 2019, but it should work pretty much the same this time. There is a small story bit and few choices, players vote on what to do next and try to survive. As for the points, last time I gave out points based on the nature of the answer. I'm not 100% sure if that would work this time and I'm opened for suggestions.

Here's the thread from the last time, I'll only make few tweaks in it in the following days:
    Welcome to Pokémon Choice Quest!

Are you familiar with 'Choose Your Own Adventure'? This game basically works the same, except it's Pokémon themed and everyone can participate! So let's not waste more time and let's jump right into the game...

Right after these few rules:
    • The game will provide players with several choices that they can choose to control the main character. Pick one of the choices you like the most to see what happens next! Speculations and discussions alike are also allowed.
    • This game will be update once each 24 hours at 18:00 UTC. Then there will be about an hour when I update the game and then the cycle continues.
    • By its nature, the game is rated T. Sometimes, the game may lean to a darker side while still keeping an overall softhearted tone.
    • Casualties can happen. Though it's rare to see such occurrence, putting the main character into a hazardous situation may significantly render them vulnerable. If it happens, the game will return back to the previous checkpoint and the death counter will be raised by one. So far only one user was so great to convince others to kill the main character. Do you want to know who? Look who's making this thread!
    • Pestering won't speed up the game. Some of you may be quite eager or hasty, but it'd be great to let the others choose while waiting for the progress. As I also have a life to live for, updates may or may not be in time, so please bear with patience!
    • You will have chance to gain points with each update. It only depends on how good are you in uncovering the mystery set up at the start.
    • If you've read the rules mentioned above, then this one simply tells you to have fun. So, have fun!
    Stealing this idea from Lycantrophy and HyperMorian

Years
  • Please give the time for updates in EST so we can keep things standardised across the GT - at least as well as the UTC.

Years

• With what you've said about time, is it best to park this event? If not, I think all we need is a points structure (if there is one, just confirm if there isn't) and I think this will be OK (we can use your Discord etc information from the other event thread)

Years
  • With what you've said about time, is it best to park this event? If not, I think all we need is a points structure (if there is one, just confirm if there isn't) and I think this will be OK (we can use your Discord etc information from the other event thread)
    Yeah, I'm also considering dropping this event altogether. Is there enough events? If so, then I will probably drop this.

Years
  • Yeah, I'm also considering dropping this event altogether. Is there enough events? If so, then I will probably drop this.

I remember this event being quite involved and you saying that your time right now is very scarce, so I would advise perhaps scrapping the event yes unless you think you can commit to it. But don't want you to push yourself when it seems to have been a challenge for you to organise your other event also!

Years
  • You're right, I don't think I could commit as much time to this and take care of this alongside challenge event. So it's better to scrap this event for this year.

Back