• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Closing the VIP Forum

Close?

• Total voters

droomph

weeb
Years
  • I think "special access" forums usually devolve into a circlejerk or die. It's pretty much the same with /r/centuryclub and /r/lounge etc on reddit, nobody really cares because what can you talk about, how rich you are to afford $5 a month? I'm sure there's something for these kinds of subs but I don't know if I can think of one.

weeee

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • (Also, I remember wanting in on the vip forum when I was tier 2, so it's not the same for everyone, you know.)

Yeah to be 100% honest the reason I donated was to access this forum (and for the silver name), I wanted to get in with the cool kids as I imagined it to be.

Anyway, 100% agree with McCree's thoughts above.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Can I just say that I find it particularly interesting, that a big chunk of the "Yes"-votes come from bolded blue nicknamed people, as opposed to the "No"-vote? :)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Can I just say that I find it particularly interesting, that a big chunk of the "Yes"-votes come from bolded blue nicknamed people, as opposed to the "No"-vote? :)
    Just saying, but 99% of the moderators here were supporters for a very, very long time before they became moderators.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • also why would you see VIP as a useful forum if you have staff sections to be clique-y in lmao i know i never posted in here when i was staff

its an interesting divide to note tho haha

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024

in reverse
    you could say that it's interesting that the core no voters are select plat supporters

it means nothing and the divide is self-perceived

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Quite honestly, as a PC supporter for almost seven years (donated a little after I joined, and tried to donate a little during my time here), I'd say just close the damn thing.

For YEARS and YEARS everyone here has tried to give life to this section. I remember Nica tried to make events exclusively for us supporters. I remember myself and other peeps helped me out gather people to join our exclusive signature collabs, and I was actually planning to host one now that I actually have some free time. I remember those fun conversations in all the threads, especially our own DCC. The VIP forum was like a secret club, I guess...a "home away from the hustle and bustle". I kinda met most of my best friends here.

Keep performing CPR on this section and it's just not gonna work anymore. Most of us pretty much have moved on now, especially to the Treehouse. The VIP section is nothing but a Treehouse for supporters. I was pretty happy that the higher staff opened the section for EVERY supporter (people who donated over $15 (aka gold tier)) can actually join the section, and that was something I had suggested in the past, because I felt bad that not all supporters were getting the same treatment as we higher-donated supporters did.

What I would like to suggest, at least...is to keep this section open until June. We're barely in January, so we have time to come up with some events, thread ideas, and other stuff that gives members a chance to run. Like for example, I'm hoping to restart a collab again, and I want to get that squared away by this Friday. I also have some thread ideas that might have that "vip" touch, and it keeps the "vip exclusivity" from the Treehouse itself.

I've been reading and following this thread for a while now, and I finally have the chance to respond. tl;dr, give it at least half a year and give people a chance to shine before we finally burn it with a flamethrower.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    pull the lever kronk

tbh i wouldn't be affected either way

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Legit I'm always surprised to see this forum is still here every time I pop in.

I really don't care either way if it stays or goes, but I'll definitely miss the DCC in here since it's much quieter and filled with more regulars (because people usually only tend to donate when they have a vested interest in PC) than the usual one. It's nice to have a little respite where your postcount counts and is super lax on content rules, as I'm sure Mod Lounge users know. (Unless that's become strictly business lately, lol.)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • At first hearing it was closing, I was kind of upset. I mean, like Erica said... I also enjoy the DCC here more than the one in treehouse. It's more laid back and doesn't have so much activity as the one in off topic. However, I do see the points people have made... and I do agree with what many of them have said about closing. I'm just going to say that... if it needs to be done and there is no choice... close it. If not, then... yeah.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I don't visit here as much anymore, but I'm against the closure of the VIP forum because it have special spot for quite a handful of supporters around. I think it may just need some more awareness for every supporters, since I'm wondering if that's just me, but there are less topics nowadays :c

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • How about add a "Can't Say" option :P, coz I didn't even know something like this existed, till now.

Pika Pika :chu:

Ah, that's another reason needed for VIP forum to still staying, then ;) If some supporters didn't noticed that they have supporters forum, and it's fading away in a day, it can be quite a loss for them as well, so yeah, it needs some good attention, and add more insightful topics, then it will stay alive and meaningful to us.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • It's dead space. I never think about it or post in it. That's not to say others don't, but it really is time to kill it off (as harsh as it sounds). We're flogging a dead horse trying to rejuvenate it every couple of months or so.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • If you are undecided, you don't vote. When you have then decided, you vote. You don't have to vote something.
    The "Can't Say" comment was made in a light-hearted manner. This is my first day on this part of the Forum, I did not even know this existed till today. Plz guys, don't make everything so serious.

Years
  • The "Can't Say" comment was made in a light-hearted manner. This is my first day on this part of the Forum, I did not even know this existed till today. Plz guys, don't make everything so serious.

We are unaware if you are joking or not or the tone of your post, so of course we will reply seriously to help clear confusion.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • We are unaware if you are joking or not or the tone of your post, so of course we will reply seriously to help clear confusion.
    I though the :P emoticon, made it clear enough that it as supposed to be a joke. I'm supposing the confusion was coz of something I said on another Thread here, which I cleared up with This Post. But anyways, if the confusion is cleared up, its all good, right :).

The good thing is at least there is some action here, with my arrival :P (this is also supposed to be a joke :)).

Back