• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Club Tea Room

Years

Have an idea for a club, but want to do an interest check before making it? Well, look no further! This is your space. Would you like to call dibs on a topic you don't have time to make right now, but mean to later on? You can do that here too. In the tea room you can ask questions about the clubhouse, suggest ideas and just chat if you are in the mood to over a cup of tea.

We've had clubhouse threads for this before, like the ideas party and the coffee lounge, but as the years have passed I thought it was time to make a new place to visit.

Need anything to drink? Today I have chai, green tea, chamomile, peppermint, oolong, pumpkin spice, coconut milk tea, iced orange tea, longan red date tea, peach tea, ginger apple tea and a lemon mango punch fruit tea. There are sugar cubes on the table too if you crave a bit of sweetening.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I've been giving a lot of thought to starting a club, but I have absolutely no idea how to run something like that. If anyone has some thoughts or advice, I'd love to hear it.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Have any ideas about the club you'd like to create?

Yep! I'm thinking of either remaking the now very dead Dark Type club, (since Dark is my favorite Pokemon Typing) or a club centered around Fox-like Pokemon (Nickit, Ninetales, the Eeveelutions, Zorua, etc) and Foxes in general. (meaning people would be allowed to post pictures of IRL Foxes and such) My thought there is that cats and dogs get fan clubs, why don't Foxes?

Years
Yep! I'm thinking of either remaking the now very dead Dark Type club, (since Dark is my favorite Pokemon Typing) or a club centered around Fox-like Pokemon (Nickit, Ninetales, the Eeveelutions, Zorua, etc) and Foxes in general. (meaning people would be allowed to post pictures of IRL Foxes and such) My thought there is that cats and dogs get fan clubs, why don't Foxes?

Nice ideas! I think you should definitely look at other type clubs to take some inspiration, if needed!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Nice ideas! I think you should definitely look at other type clubs to take some inspiration, if needed!

I took your very useful advice and glanced into a few of the other clubs... I learned that I am woefully unprepared to try running a club. While I have a deep love and respect for Dark Type Pokemon, I don't play the games nearly enough to make anything exciting happen, and while a club for Fox lovers would be cool, there's only so much people can post about them before it runs stale... Even if I tried to do something with either of these, they would almost certainly die pretty quickly.
But thank you for your time anyway most confused Piplup!

Years
I took your very useful advice and glanced into a few of the other clubs... I learned that I am woefully unprepared to try running a club. While I have a deep love and respect for Dark Type Pokemon, I don't play the games nearly enough to make anything exciting happen, and while a club for Fox lovers would be cool, there's only so much people can post about them before it runs stale... Even if I tried to do something with either of these, they would almost certainly die pretty quickly.

I don't think you should let yourself down like that though! I gave you that advice to see what activities clubs generally organize. I definitely don't want to discourage you from starting a club, so my other advice for you is: try to come up with some interesting ideas for the club/clubs, maybe join some of the ones that catch your interest or that might make you curious enough to know more about that topic/activity and try to be active. But actually, even just observing is a good starting point, so at least you know how most clubs are run here. Not saying that those are steps you HAVE to follow, but those can be good inputs if you are unsure on whether you want to start a club or not :)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I don't think you should let yourself down like that though! I gave you that advice to see what activities clubs generally organize. I definitely don't want to discourage you from starting a club, so my other advice for you is: try to come up with some interesting ideas for the club/clubs, maybe join some of the ones that catch your interest or that might make you curious enough to know more about that topic/activity and try to be active. But actually, even just observing is a good starting point, so at least you know how most clubs are run here. Not saying that those are steps you HAVE to follow, but those can be good inputs if you are unsure on whether you want to start a club or not :)

I know you weren't trying to discourage me, what you said was great advice! I simply learned that me trying to run a club that I would do well at, that would also get and keep other members, is almost impossible at the moment lol. (weeeeeeeeellllll, there is one club I could probably keep going, though I'm not sure how popular it would be around here...) In regard to me joining other clubs to test it out, I haven't found anything (currently active) that's grabbed my interest, (believe me, I've looked) so I'm at a loss there as well sadly.

(quick)Edit: 'Why don't I try joining an inactive club to try getting it going again'? I'm reeeaaally not the type to try shouting into the void in the hope that the void shouts back, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
You could take ownership of one of the inactive clubs, as well. Though, in some cases it's probably a better idea to just remake a club like that.

Also, don't be discouraged by the activity of your club. This section is a little bit slower compared to others. ^^

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
You could take ownership of one of the inactive clubs, as well. Though, in some cases it's probably a better idea to just remake a club like that.

Also, don't be discouraged by the activity of your club. This section is a little bit slower compared to others. ^^

I agree that I'd much rather make my own than claim an older one. Kinda feels like disturbing a gravesite, or opening someone else's time capsule.

I'm also concerned about my own continued interest in the subject of the club as well. For example, I love Dark Type Pokemon, but I'm not playing Pokemon games 24/7, in fact, I'll often go quite a while before picking up a Pokemon game again after playing through one or two. So what would a club like that talk about for the months that its 'leader' isn't even playing a Pokemon game? Whatever I would pick needs to have at least some staying power in my life, and stuff like that is rare.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm also concerned about my own continued interest in the subject of the club as well. For example, I love Dark Type Pokemon, but I'm not playing Pokemon games 24/7, in fact, I'll often go quite a while before picking up a Pokemon game again after playing through one or two. So what would a club like that talk about for the months that its 'leader' isn't even playing a Pokemon game? Whatever I would pick needs to have at least some staying power in my life, and stuff like that is rare.
You don't have to be around all the time. Just occasionally checking in should suffice. Not everyone can be ReKoil who just keeps coming up with new stuff to talk about. xD

Not sure if that's a thing: But maybe you could find a co-owner or something like that? They can be around when you're doing other things.

Years
Running out of new things to talk about is inevitable when limited to any type of subject.
I used to do new topics weekly, but the downside of that is basically that I feel like I've already talked about everything already for the Ice types club for example. Combine that with being pretty busy irl and I'm not nearly as active in this section as I used to be =\
I also tried out a couple 'event' sort of things here and there, but interest in that has proven pretty low for most of them.

For the existing Dark type club I at one point considered joining it quite a while ago, but it was already pretty inactive back then.
For most clubs a once a month or so prompt or new topic is fine imo

For running a club the most important thing imo is just making it about something you really care about yourself, to keep yourself motivated. You can keep it simple too, it's not like you have to do fancy stuff like events or make graphics for it.
The activity of a club is also not solely dependent on the owner. Your members could help keep activity going when you're not around or too busy. However the reverse where the owner is very active and the members only post sporadically is also very possible.

It all comes down to how much you care about the subject. With your passion for foxes I'd personally say 'just go for it and create a Fox club' =3
When I created the Ice types club I just took a plunge and I expected only a couple people to join at most. Quite a few people ended up joining it and although some are more active than others I think that club is doing pretty well =D

Last edited:
Years
History is something I am fascinated by. We had a club once for this topic. I was wondering if I should remake it. Will do so, if there's interest. Would anyone else like to talk about other time periods?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I only remember the cultural heritage club Dave made quite a while back. I generally like learning new things, especially when it gives me context of stuff that concerns us in the presence. But I'm not sure if I could contribute much to it.

I'd probably have more to say about stuff from the presence. However, we've already learnt the hard way that talking politics on PC can be very iffy. ^^"

Years
I had a different history club in mind, there was one called Whispers of the Past.

It seems like there isn't much audience for this right now, but that's okay! Just one idea of a few that came into my head.

I have been toying with the idea recently of combining two clubs that previously existed into one fresh new group. We have had a club on the forum for cat lovers before and one for dog lovers. I would like to start the experience over, but this time build a haven for friends of kitties and puppies, maybe even other companion animals could be included, not opposed to a pet family pavillion that includes rabbits, birds, horses etc If there are folks here who will join me.

Things we can do together would be sharing photos and home videos of our pets, or if you don't have a pet, but would like one you could show off your plushies, stickers, t-shirts other memorabilia of the type of animal you fancy. We could help one another by providing training tips and information on pet care like diet and grooming, maybe news about adoption events in our area or sales for pet-related items.

Years
I feel I am probably the odd one out, but you never know, so it will do no harm to at least ask and see. Are there any fans of Jane Austen and her works on this forum? I have been seeking out her happy endings, humor and love to brighten my spirits lately.

I can fancy myself the architect of a club where we read-along our favorite novels together, analyze characters and situations, learn about the life of the author, perhaps watch film adaptations/miniseries of Pride and Prejudice, make the meals of this time period in a cooking challenge, or have a look into the fashion of the day. I would be willing to expand the club more broadly to romantic era authors alternatively, a club where Jane Austen could be a topic of conversation alongside Lord Byron, William Blake, the Bronte sisters, Percy and Mary Shelley, or Charles Dickens. As you may have guessed, this is an era of literature that I have some passion for. However, I can't be the only one in it for a club like this to work. Am I alone in this venture, or would I have companions?

Back