• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Haha, this is exactly what I thought when the series was initially revealed... and even more so after seeing the first episode. xD

But man, Yusaku is officially the sassiest YGO protagonist ever. It's hilarious hearing his snarky remarks to certain characters, LMAO.

I did like his talk with Naoki, though not a fan of Naoki myself, gosh the animation in that scene was horrid, are they making a DSOD 2? xD I'll need to the 2nd episode for the closure to really solidify my thoughts, but so far Vrains is Meh to me. They really should made it a 2 episode premier.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Haven't really looked into the new anime series, but I finally got to learning the new summoning mechanic, which is fine by itself, but it really does change how this game is going to be played.

In other news, TCG gets a new banlist after, what, two months? Norden finally gets the hammer, and Magicians are back,

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • In other news, TCG gets a new banlist after, what, two months? Norden finally gets the hammer, and Magicians are back,

And the terror top engine too... but they should've also banned or at least limited Ratpier and Barrage. Zoodiacs are still too consistent... and Drident is still a thing.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Haha, this is exactly what I thought when the series was initially revealed... and even more so after seeing the first episode. xD

But man, Yusaku is officially the sassiest YGO protagonist ever. It's hilarious hearing his snarky remarks to certain characters, LMAO.

i enjoyed the "shut up navi" bit in the second episode, i hope he gets even more snarky
    Spoiler:

countryemo

Years
  • I'm disgusted with this list. I'm kinda okay with Norden I guess as it doesn't effect me. Top is hit, doesn't quite kill my speedroids, but I never got the chance to play them since the Crystal Wing reprint takes forever. Pendulum Call could be interesting to see if it causes any trouble.

Though Strike, Dimension Barrier, and Zoodiacs didn't get touch, and that hurts painfully.

CidHazard

Years
  • Emergency ban list?

Bans 1 norden... while the problem deck still have 3 rat, 3 drident, and 3 barrage. ~sigh~ this list sucks... oh Skullcrobat Joker is back... But still no monkey board... well pendulum is still mediocre. This is the worst emergency ban list ever...

countryemo

Years
  • Emergency ban list?

Bans 1 norden... while the problem deck still have 3 rat, 3 drident, and 3 barrage. ~sigh~ this list sucks... oh Skullcrobat Joker is back... But still no monkey board... well pendulum is still mediocre. This is the worst emergency ban list ever...

Yeah I'm not sure on what the emergency part it is. Closest I can thing is the Norden / Fusion Sub combo, but I don't think that could've been that much of an edge / power jump. The Magicians being back is likely to push sales on the is for the set on the 23'rd that features the Zarc Magicians, since a lot of people said they weren't going to buy it because Magicians were still banned and its close to the Link format, and just a stupid choice to be in a pack. No Monkeyboard is probably cause they are still scared of PePe.

CidHazard

Years
  • Yeah I'm not sure on what the emergency part it is. Closest I can thing is the Norden / Fusion Sub combo, but I don't think that could've been that much of an edge / power jump. The Magicians being back is likely to push sales on the is for the set on the 23'rd that features the Zarc Magicians, since a lot of people said they weren't going to buy it because Magicians were still banned and its close to the Link format, and just a stupid choice to be in a pack. No Monkeyboard is probably cause they are still scared of PePe.

Right?

They should've at least put Ratpier or Barrage to 1 too with the norden ban... the engine is still way to consistent, the hit to top is nice but since Zoo still have their engine well, it only serves to hit other decks that use the terror top engine.

Why don't they just cut Zoo's legs from under-them is beyond me... they're a lot of fun decks that can't compete with the boards that Zoo can make turn one when they get their cards on the field... and they will get their cards.

Do you think that pendulums would be that terrifying with pepe back? Both True-Dino's and True-Dragons could wreck it... probably :D

countryemo

Years
  • Do you think that pendulums would be that terrifying with pepe back? Both True-Dino's and True-Dragons could wreck it... probably :D

Konami likes to keep stuff banned for a while, at-least 2 years, even more if it was the top deck. See Nekroz, Spellbooks, D-Rulers, Inzektors, Wind-Ups that are all still banned.

What product is everyone looking forward to this year? Theres been a few more nostaligic announcements, like a new Legendary Decks focusing on the 3 DM dragons like Critias, one with Cyber Dragons and a new fusion, and one that focuses on Odd-Eyes & Crew. Plus yet another Yugi/Kaiba product.... yawn.

I'm kinda looking forward to Code of the Duelist. When I first saw the Link format announcement, I was going to quit the game. Though thats a poor use of the money I've spent. I might not play with the new Master Rules casually, but I am looking forward to try them out. Plus Trickstars! Yeeee.

CidHazard

Years
  • Anyone play tested the new Link format rules yet?

YGO Salvation server plays by the new Link rules and New Cards, but I haven't had the chance to play test it...

countryemo

Years
  • Anyone play tested the new Link format rules yet?

YGO Salvation server plays by the new Link rules and New Cards, but I haven't had the chance to play test it...

Not yet, I'm still waiting for YGOPro Percy to update (V1, not V2), which doesn't seem until like August. I might try Salvation to try the new rules.

So Battles of Legends: Lights Revenge is out today, with the new Minerva Lightswown Xyz reprint. Anyone buying packs or singles? I'm hoping to get a Crytal Wing FINALLY. Shame I won't really be able to play Speedroids pre-links.

Also this month is the new Starter deck that starts off the Link rules for the TCG (I think, or it could wait for the Aug 4th release of Code of the Duelist.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Whats your thought about legacy of the duelist?

countryemo

Years
  • So Code of the Duelist is out and about, how is everyone getting used to the new Master Rules? I pulled a M. Radiant so I can play my Fluffals with the new rules, though I haven't yet.

As for Legacy of the Duelist, eh most yugioh games are meh, with packs being dlc I believe, is a campaign mode really worth all that cash?

Back