• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Clubhouse Coffee Lounge

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Would anyone be interested in a language club? As the name suggests, we could learn and share the different languages we speak?

Another idea that popped in my head — a fitness club? We could set goals, keep track of progress with our physical fitness?

Years
  • Purely an impulsive idea I thought about a while ago, but how many people would join a PC Chess Club? I can only imagine there was already one that existed at one point, but probably died off due to lack of activity...

I feel like me and Zeostar would be the only two to participate (semi) actively lol.

Would anyone be interested in a language club? As the name suggests, we could learn and share the different languages we speak?
    I'd join this tbh~ I can def share my native language to those who are interested <3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Would a club focusing on Climate be depressing or hopeful?

I looked into the Nature club a bit first but realized it focuses on insects which is a big nope and yuck for me so ahah. Nope.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    In a language club I can finally show off how awfully mediocre I am with the language I have to speak on a daily basis. xD

And wouldn't a climate club just be a "let's talk about the weather club"? So basically a dcc in club form. Not that I would mind. But I don't think there'll be a lot of people talking about, let's say, the newest scientific discoveries and such. ^^"

Years
  • Greetings all! I haven't launched an advertisement on the House News Network in awhile. This is because I have been thinking of releasing updates quarterly, rather than a notice each month/ every time a new club goes up.

There is something else different that I have been considering. Instead of of picking a club of the month every month, what if we were to award a club of the season? i.e winter's choice club, summer club, autumn, spring etc. This would make things more competitive in some ways, because just four clubs would be picked for the whole year, yet at the same time it also could be rewarding to more people because instead of 12 different clubs being finalists for Club of the Year, and 1 club being ranked the best, in this circumstance all 4 clubs of the seasons would be rewarded in the same way outright.

Just tossing out some different ideas.

Would anyone be interested in a language club? As the name suggests, we could learn and share the different languages we speak?

Another idea that popped in my head — a fitness club? We could set goals, keep track of progress with our physical fitness?

Quite a good bit of interest in the language club has been expressed by the community! Even though I am not learning a language, I still admire the initiative in making such an educational a club, and think you ought to give it go, especially since some folks here sound like they will join.

A fitness club also sounds like a nice idea, something very positive and proactive in an age of pandemic, encouraging good health for everyone. I would approve either of these clubs, if you made them, might even join the fitness one. Thanks for the lovely ideas Shawn!

Purely an impulsive idea I thought about a while ago, but how many people would join a PC Chess Club? I can only imagine there was already one that existed at one point, but probably died off due to lack of activity...

I feel like me and Zeostar would be the only two to participate (semi) actively lol.
    <3

Wow, such a classy pastime you two gentlemen bring with you! I am not a chess player alas, so you have one-upped me there my friend haha, but I think chess is allowed in the new board game club owned by Avatar and TenFrogs. Are you involved in this club, by chance Roni?

If you aren't in this one, then I would check with the owners to make sure chess is eligible. If their answer is yes, then you may want to consider joining, especially since you are not sure just yet if a chess club would have enough interest to stand on it's own. This would be a way for you guys to play chess, as well as have fun playing other games, and if you find yourself meeting fellow chess players, and it looks like enough chess mates to be a club in it's own right, then you could always build yourself a chess club later :)

Would a club focusing on Climate be depressing or hopeful?

I looked into the Nature club a bit first but realized it focuses on insects which is a big nope and yuck for me so ahah. Nope.

Hi there Riki! I don't think a club with a focus on our climate would be depressing. It sounds interestin and cook, and it could allow for a constructive dialogue, and promote solutions to fight climate change. Depending on how you look at it, it could be a very positive club. Our environment is something that I am passionate about, so I would join this club, if it was made. However, if you want to post about climate concerns in the Nature club then that I think is also possible. The club does extend beyond insects. Icy has a talent for macro photography, so yes, there are many photos of insects, but this corner of the forum also encompases wild animals and plantlife, geography and more. I have posted everything in there from tips about home gardening to photos of the view from mountaintops or the aurora borealis, and shared documentaries about nature conservation programs I think discussion about climate change could totally fall within the realm of the topic, if you would rather do this than make club. It's up to you dear!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In a language club I can finally show off how awfully mediocre I am with the language I have to speak on a daily basis. xD

And wouldn't a climate club just be a "let's talk about the weather club"? So basically a dcc in club form. Not that I would mind. But I don't think there'll be a lot of people talking about, let's say, the newest scientific discoveries and such. ^^"
    On the contrary, it could easily be a pretty political club, and revolve around anti-consumerism, vegetarian recipes, recycling efforts, the state of the seas etc etc. I'll consider making it c:
    Greetings all! I haven't launched an advertisement on the House News Network in awhile. This is because I have been thinking of releasing updates quarterly, rather than a notice each month/ every time a new club goes up.

There is something else different that I have been considering. Instead of of picking a club of the month every month, what if we were to award a club of the season? i.e winter's choice club, summer club, autumn, spring etc. This would make things more competitive in some ways, because just four clubs would be picked for the whole year, yet at the same time it also could be rewarding to more people because instead of 12 different clubs being finalists for Club of the Year, and 1 club being ranked the best, in this circumstance all 4 clubs of the seasons would be rewarded in the same way outright.

Just tossing out some different ideas.

Quite a good bit of interest in the language club has been expressed by the community! Even though I am not learning a language, I still admire the initiative in making such an educational a club, and think you ought to give it go, especially since some folks here sound like they will join.

A fitness club also sounds like a nice idea, something very positive and proactive in an age of pandemic, encouraging good health for everyone. I would approve either of these clubs, if you made them, might even join the fitness one. Thanks for the lovely ideas Shawn!

Wow, such a classy pastime you two gentlemen bring with you! I am not a chess player alas, so you have one-upped me there my friend haha, but I think chess is allowed in the new board game club owned by Avatar and TenFrogs. Are you involved in this club, by chance Roni?

If you aren't in this one, then I would check with the owners to make sure chess is eligible. If their answer is yes, then you may want to consider joining, especially since you are not sure just yet if a chess club would have enough interest to stand on it's own. This would be a way for you guys to play chess, as well as have fun playing other games, and if you find yourself meeting fellow chess players, and it looks like enough chess mates to be a club in it's own right, then you could always build yourself a chess club later :)

Hi there Riki! I don't think a club with a focus on our climate would be depressing. It sounds interestin and cook, and it could allow for a constructive dialogue, and promote solutions to fight climate change. Depending on how you look at it, it could be a very positive club. Our environment is something that I am passionate about, so I would join this club, if it was made. However, if you want to post about climate concerns in the Nature club then that I think is also possible. The club does extend beyond insects. Icy has a talent for macro photography, so yes, there are many photos of insects, but this corner of the forum also encompases wild animals and plantlife, geography and more. I have posted everything in there from tips about home gardening to photos of the view from mountaintops or the aurora borealis, and shared documentaries about nature conservation programs I think discussion about climate change could totally fall within the realm of the topic, if you would rather do this than make club. It's up to you dear!
    It could for sure fit in the nature club, what I meant was that I cannot look at pictures of insects very much, a sort of phobia I suppose, so I can't enter that club xD

Years
  • I was thinking of making a new club called The Toy Box, for you guessed it, all toys and collectibles. I once made a club called The Doll House, a place exclusively for doll lovers, but community interest faded after awhile, and I still yearn for a place to share my latest doll creations and acquisitions. So I was thinking I would try it again, but open the doors to more kinds of playthings this time, and not just stop at dolls, but make it a zone for dolls, action figures, teddybears, the whole nine yards. Since the owner of the Plushie Federation hasn't been there in awhile, I think it would be okay to include plushies here too.

Does anyone want to showcase their toys and goodies?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Is there a Ghost-type Pokémon club? If there isn't, I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in opening one. It's my favourite type ever and I'm surprised I haven't found any topics for it.

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
    Years
  • Is there a Ghost-type Pokémon club? If there isn't, I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in opening one. It's my favourite type ever and I'm surprised I haven't found any topics for it.
    There is not a ghost type club that I know of, I only seen a ice type, dragon type, fairy type, dark type, water type, and fire type (that I maid and it just happened to get published today if anyone is interested in joining :) but if there was a ghost type club I would definitely join!

Years

Do it!!!! This is one of the clubs we don't have yet, and it's time to change that, because ghosts are some of the best. I ADORE ghost pokemon, definitely high on my list of favorites. I'll be sad if you don't make this club. I'll join it, and might have some extra ghost shinies to give away to celebrate this club's creation.

Years
  • Dunno if I can call dibs, but I've been wanting to make a Psychic type club for some time now =p

I just need to get around to the final preparations some time soon hopefully.
    (I've already made most of the graphic for the opening post months ago lol)

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Do it!!!! This is one of the clubs we don't have yet, and it's time to change that, because ghosts are some of the best. I ADORE ghost pokemon, definitely high on my list of favorites. I'll be sad if you don't make this club. I'll join it, and might have some extra ghost shinies to give away to celebrate this club's creation.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it myself because I'm going back to school this week - hence why I was looking for someone to take it up. If someone else can do it, I'm joining too!

Years
  • Dunno if I can call dibs, but I've been wanting to make a Psychic type club for some time now =p

I just need to get around to the final preparations some time soon hopefully.
    (I've already made most of the graphic for the opening post months ago lol)

Calling dibs is totally allowed, so your future Club is safe. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. Psychic Pokemon are so unique, powerful and mysterious, and deserve a fan club of their own. I love your graphics, and gave a feeling that you will outdo yourself! :)

It would be nice to try Poison-type club. Whaddaya think?​

I agree, posion is a really underrated and cool type with some colorful trainers. I would join such a club, and do my best to help promote it!

Years
  • I have been studying some Chekhov plays lately, revisiting The Cherry Orchard and experiencing The Seagull for the first time. Tomorrow I will give Uncle Vanya a try.

I was so moved by the characters that it's got me thinking about the creation of a new club that would celebrate live theater in all different incarnations from Romeo and Juliet to Peter Pan, The Importance of Being Earnest, and more. Whether it's Greek Tragedy or a contemporary play, if it's theater, then it counts! I think musical theater could also be encompassed in this club, shows like Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, The Lion King, Les Mis, Hamilton, Sweeney Todd etc.

This club would be a place where we could read plays together as a groups, and even watch filmed productions, talk about our favorite actors, share our personal experiences going to shows and the merchandise, playbills or autographs. You might even be part of a show at your school or within your local community, and or auditioning to be in one, and looking for some feedback or encouragement. Speaking of shows, we could also view live streams of award shows together as an activity.

If I made this club I was thinking it could be called something like the World Stage, or Curtain Up. I wasn't sure what the interest level for this club would be though. I know I like drama, I don't know about others though, and thought I would pop in to see if anybody would join first. How about it?

Years
  • I wanna make a club for Lego and other DIY 'toys' that you build/assemble. It wouldn't be just Lego, but for example also stuff like Ministeck, Model building/construction sets, Nanoblock etc.

Some examples of what I mean by Model building/construction (I'm not sure what the precise name is in English tbh):
    Spoiler:

It would be a place to just show of your creations and talk about new sets being released and potentially ask/give advice/tips =D

I don't see a similar club (unless I missed it 😅).

Anyone else interested?
    Though I'll probably do it anyway even if I'm the only one :fufu:
    xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I wanna make a club for Lego and other DIY 'toys' that you build/assemble. It wouldn't be just Lego, but for example also stuff like Ministeck, Model building/construction sets, Nanoblock etc.

Some examples of what I mean by Model building/construction (I'm not sure what the precise name is in English tbh):
    Spoiler:

It would be a place to just show of your creations and talk about new sets being released and potentially ask/give advice/tips =D

Anyone else interested?
    xD
    I've actually been thinking about making a club like that, as well. So, from my point of view: sure go ahead. :D

Years
  • I wanna make a club for Lego and other DIY 'toys' that you build/assemble. It wouldn't be just Lego, but for example also stuff like Ministeck, Model building/construction sets, Nanoblock etc.

Spoiler:

Anyone else interested?
    xD

That looks amazing Rekoil! You're taking my breath away, with your stunning creations. I would love there to be a place where I can see more things like this that you've built, and others can show off their masterpieces, and find out about new releases and find resources.

I'm in! I custom make Korean ball-jointed dolls, a DIY project, so this is a club for me! These are

I take parts like this.

Spoiler:

And I turn em into this

Spoiler:

I talked about making a club for toys once, but I like your idea way better because it's more interactive and encourages also to get creative! This I want to see.

Back