• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
  • question: you realize unless the ROMs or starting saves are different you're going to do the exact same thing in each one, as in, always pick the same starter.

You would be able to set your starters separately then sync the games together for one set of controls, the only problem he will face is when he runs into wild pokemon in one game and not in the other, he will be constantly having to run into a wall to sync them back up again. He will also find issues with using items.

It's his challenge and aslong as he has fun and completes I suppose it doesn't matter how challenging he wants it to be lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    question: you realize unless the ROMs or starting saves are different you're going to do the exact same thing in each one, as in, always pick the same starter.

acttr
    acttr

You would be able to set your starters separately then sync the games together for one set of controls, the only problem he will face is when he runs into wild pokemon in one game and not in the other, he will be constantly having to run into a wall to sync them back up again. He will also find issues with using items.

It's his challenge and aslong as he has fun and completes I suppose it doesn't matter how challenging he wants it to be lol.

acttr
    acttr

You do do realize that vba does have a pause function right?
    So it was easy to get the games all set up and wild pokemon wont be a problem once I can buy repels. But I'm having a small issue of one window running slightly faster but o well I can deal with it.

Anyway, time for a little update I just beat barely beat Brock with Charmander after I rearranging the order of moves so it could spam ember. Bulbasuar and Squirtle just breezed through like they should with vine whip and water gun respectively.
    BTW Bulbasuar and Squrtle window's are in colour because I changed one of the emulation settings to automatic a long time ago and didn't remember how to get it to work at the time but it is going to be fixed in the pic.
    Warning the screen shot is quite large.
    Spoiler:

acttr
    acttr

acttr
    acttr
    acttr
    acttr

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Great idea in syncing the games! Though I'd never have the patience to do it myself (in actually syncing them up because I'd probably mess it up time and time again, and setting the moves in the right order, etc.). It would take me way too long, and I'm all about the fast completion.

Update #1: Zapdos - Silver
    First our badges are over and done with. Silver holds a special place in my heart being the first Pokémon game that I ever had (my brother had Blue and I played it a bit), but Silver was mine and mine alone!. As always legendaries are absolutely not hard to solo with. It does take a little longer to level them up, but they more than make up for it in power.

Screens:

Spoiler:

Team:
    145.png

Thunder the Zapdos (/) @ Lv.31
    Peck
    Thundershock
    Thunder Wave
    Agility

HM Slave(s):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Great idea in syncing the games! Though I'd never have the patience to do it myself (in actually syncing them up because I'd probably mess it up time and time again, and setting the moves in the right order, etc.). It would take me way too long, and I'm all about the fast completion.

acttr
    acttr
    Thanks!:) I was just trying to find a way to make the solo challenge a little bit harder. It doesn't actually take that much more time then playing them all separately but it really makes you focus to work around all the pokemon's weaknesses at the same time.

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Am I crazy to want to do a Dunsparce solo run on Pokemon Gold?
    Not at all :) Because Dunsparce doesn't evolve at all, he's a fairly strong and decent Pokémon (at the start) and because it's a solo run he'll be overleveled when his strength starts to matter. I'd just make sure to manage his moveset a bit because it's Gold and his moveset is a bit shabby without TMs.

Update #2: Zapdos - Silver
    First eight badges are in.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    145.png

Thunder the Zapdos (/) @ Lv.53
    Item: Sharp Beak
    Drill Peck
    Thundershock
    Mud-Slap
    Return

HM Slave(s):

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2014
    Im gonna do a solo run with Kabuto as my starter. ill hack it in so I can. In LG

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Not at all :) Because Dunsparce doesn't evolve at all, he's a fairly strong and decent Pokémon (at the start) and because it's a solo run he'll be overleveled when his strength starts to matter. I'd just make sure to manage his moveset a bit because it's Gold and his moveset is a bit shabby without TMs.

It's going so well

I actually managed to get 6 badges so far!

I will upload my gyms when I get eight badges.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Hey I just got to the route above Cerulean in my synced solo run and then I remembered the mew glitch. So I'm going to ask you people if I can exploit it then not have to look for a bunch of HM slaves. Plus it is kinda convenient because you have to manually select HM's in fist gen. I'm going to give it about an hour, hour in half if nobody says anything I'm just going to do it.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
    Years
  • Hey I just got to the route above Cerulean in my synced solo run and then I remembered the mew glitch. So I'm going to ask you people if I can exploit it then not have to look for a bunch of HM slaves. Plus it is kinda convenient because you have to manually select HM's in fist gen. I'm going to give it about an hour, hour in half if nobody says anything I'm just going to do it.

Usually glitches are frowned upon during challenges but seeing as this is a solo challenge and this glitch will not gain you any sort of benefit other than easier HM usage I would say go for it by all means.

The OP has been updated to 2732, If anyone notices anything wrong with the OP let me know.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Hey Solo-runners:

Today marks my first complete Solo Run in Gold with...
    DUNSPARCEUS (or Dunsparcus due to character limitations)
    206.gif

|HP: 260|AT: 157|DF: 148|SA: 133|SD: 133|SP: 112|

-Strength (My go to)
    -Mud-Slap (Accuracy and Rock purposes)
    -Rage (Early game and long battle help)
    -Thief (Ghosts and Items)

*Mr Slaves: Oddish, Krabby, Gyrados
    *Play time: 28 Hours
    *Playing on my R4 Cart (lameboy)

~All hail God Dunsparceus~

Here he is, naturally in his home. A young God.
    1GiuXWB.png

Here are some highlights of the run:

Spoiler:

Overall, this was an awesome experience.
    Lastly, I challenge someone else to do a Dunsparceus run, too.

Thanks for letting me share this story of a Once Forgotten God...

Last edited:

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020

Today marks my first complete Solo Run in Gold with...
    DUNSPARCEUS (or Dunsparcus due to character limitations)

Overall, this was an awesome experience.

Thanks for letting me share this story of a Once Forgotten God...
    Congratz! (I'm planning to do a Dunsparce solo run, though it might take a while before I do)

Update #3: Zapdos - Silver
    Still have to do the Kanto part of the game, but that shouldn't take too long.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    145.png

Thunder the Zapdos (/) @ Lv.60
    Drill Peck
    Thundershock
    Mud-Slap
    Return

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023

Challenge Accepted. I'll do it on Crystal later. :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I also started Omega Ruby, doing a solo with the event Beldum, I got it level 5 in Oldale Town, so pretty much right at the beginning. I can't wait to see how hard Iron Head will hit as Metagross. lol

I have two badges, and don't worry, they're not spoilers, it's just the victory pics of Roxanne and Brawly. :)
    Spoiler:

One last thing, are Megas allowed, if not it's completely fine. Just asking because it doesn't say anything about it in the first post.

Hann

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    I also started Omega Ruby, doing a solo with the event Beldum, I got it level 5 in Oldale Town, so pretty much right at the beginning.
    One last thing, are Megas allowed, if not it's completely fine. Just asking because it doesn't say anything about it in the first post.
    Man, I'm soooo jealous right now. I still have to wait a whole week to play it and I'll be super busy in that weekend and the week after that, so I won't have time to play OR a lot and I'm just a little sad about that now :(
    Oh, and I'm pretty sure Megas would be allowed, just as Pokémon Amie is because as was said in the OP about that, you're pretty much overpowered anyway.

Update #4: Zapdos - Silver
    Next solo run sign-up at the end of the post. And of course, as usual I'll still be defeating Red later.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    145.png

Thunder the Zapdos (/) @ Lv.75
    Drill Peck
    Thunder
    Mud-Slap
    Return

HM Slave(s):
    Spoiler:

Next Sign-up:
    Username: Buzz Buzz
    Pokémon: Arcanine
    Challenge: Single
    Game: Leaf Green

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Finished my Event Metagross solo on Omega Ruby.
    Steven was a lot easier than I expected, probably because of having +6 Attack from Power-Up Punch after two of his Pokemon lol.

Steven defeat pic:
    Spoiler:

376.png

Level 67
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Earthquake

I'm also 3 badges in my Dunsparce Solo on Crystal. It's kind of annoying with his shallow movepool, but definitely easier than expected.

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • Finished my Red Solorun with Tauros because Red is easy to defeat.

Basically took X Accuracy/X Speed and Horn Drill to beat everyone.
    FINAL PICS(Warning: They're big)
    Spoiler:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Name: Matthew Jay Reynolds
    Game: Heart Gold, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White, Y
    Challenge Type: Ultimate
    Pokemon: Gallade

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Planning on doing a Omega Ruby Chikorita solo and an Alpha Sapphire Sceptile solo. Amphy's grand return to solo runs is on the way as well once I get done with Chikorita.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back