• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Coming up on a total of 6 hours SR for that shiny Treecko...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Eh, 6 hours isn't that long when it comes to Soft Resetting :x;;

It took me at least 13 hours to find my Shiny Mudkip in Ruby :S

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • Good luck, but you may just want to see if anyone will trade with you- it'll be a lot faster. A LOT faster. Your chances of finding a shiny are about 1/8026 or some ridiculous number like that.

It took me at least 13 hours to find my Shiny Mudkip in Ruby :S

You spent 13 hours trying to get a shiny Mudkip???

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Why would anyone try Sring?
    its just a waste of the most valuable thing to anyone...time!
    I just get a shiny if I see one.
    sure, friends would be envious if they saw a shiny that i had, but thats all.
    i tried the same thing before about a shiny shuppet, but found nothing.

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • Yea, but Shayminate really wants one lol, he was at my house yesterday and spent a good 2 hours trying to get 1 / yelling at his game when he didn't get 1 XD

T-C

Years
  • I have never come across a shiny in the whole time I've been playing pokemon games. And I've completed all the generations.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • 6 hours is nothing, I'm past 20 hours total for a shiny Groudon.
    Only took 40 minutes for Rayquaza though.
    Decide now whether you really want that shiny because there is a chance that you could soft reset for an eternity and never find it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    ahh how sad T_T

I have never come across a shiny in the whole time I've been playing pokemon games. And I've completed all the generations.

i already got a total of 5 shiny pokemon (namely Lotad, Parasect, Geodude, Psyduck, but all of them are deleted my file got corrupted T_T but my 5th and most precious shiny pokemon Beldum is still alive and now its a metagross Lvl - 55 ) I Spent a minimun of 5 hours everyday breeding a Pokemon and luckily i got a shiny Beldum. muwhahahaha what a lucky guy i am.

And My Lucky Friend saw a Shiny Rattata and Destroyed with a Hyper Beam And Never Saw One Ever Again i think Its A Bad Karma... so any one saw a shiny pokemon capture it upon contact and if you do not like it just let it go don't ever kill it like my Lucky Friend did.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • A. Do I need a cheating device to do this?
    B. If not, does it have potential to damage my system?

A. Nope. just hold the buttons down and the game will reset
    Its just like turning off except you dont have to power down the system and start the game again

B. As far as i know, it doesnt. I have done it numerous times with no damage

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why would anyone try Sring?
    its just a waste of the most valuable thing to anyone...time!

Some people actually want the shiny and don't think it's a waste of time. It's more of an investment, if you will.

Back