• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Competitive battling team?

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Has anyone actually started building up/ creating their own competitive battling team? As of right now for me, I'm struggling to think of a good team, the team that I used in Black and White 2 I can't use in X and Y (well I can but I can't find the pokemon that I used in the kalos region). So my question is, what team do you think is good for competitive battling?

Years
    I'm building right now
    even though I'm not yet done with the 8th gym badge
    still breeding for a Adamant Speed Boost Torchic
    :D
    not sure what the IV's are but it will do

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I'm building right now
    even though I'm not yet done with the 8th gym badge
    still breeding for a Adamant Speed Boost Torchic
    :D
    not sure what the IV's are but it will do

Well what do you think your team will consist of when you start wi-fi battling? I'm asking because I want to get a brief idea of what my team will look like.

Years
    I've not done competitive battling before but I have 3 pokemon that I have as my leads for a triple battle, I have talonflame, lapras and krookodile in that order then I usually use fly, surf and dig, every time I've done this to start I've taken out 2 of the 3 I was facing minimum

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've started building my competitive team a while ago. As of right now, it consists of Blastoise, Chesnaught, Espeon, Talonflame, Dusknoir, Scizor, and Blissey. Blastoise is a wall of my team, and so is Chesnaught. Dusknoir used to be a wall too, but I decided to switch it up to a tank as it can take hits quite efficiently and hit back even harder. I've decided to make Talonflame is a special sweeper, because its Special Attack stat is pretty high. It's got a lot of special-based moves in its arsenal as well, which it can take full advantage of. I'm using Espeon as a dual screener. It has great Speed stat, which enables it to set up Reflect and Light Screen in an instant. Plus, this Pokémon's also got access to Magic Bounce, which allows it to redirect all non-damaging moves that opponents use (Roar, Taunt, and Stealth Rock would be some good examples). Blissey is used more as a supporting Pokémon, as it has access to moves like Wish, Aromatherapy, Heal Bell, etc. Scizor—I'm utilizing it as a physical sweeper. It has the Technician ability, which powers-up all of its moves that have sixty base power. Thanks to that, and with a little bit of help from Swords Dance, Scizor can wipe out your opponent's team entirely with Bullet Punch. (:

The biggest threat to my team would have to be fire-types. Scizor and Chesnaught are both quite weak to them. I may have to replace one of these Pokémon eventually, because fire-types are pretty common in competitive play, and being vulnerable to them—even a little—wouldn't be too much of a smart choice. If I do replace either of them, then I'll most likely go with Garchomp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I too am having trouble starting my competitive team. I realized while doing the Battle Maison that it's not necessarily good to have all mega stone pokemon. You need the effects of other hold items, so I'm thinking 1-2 mega pokemon on my team at the most. Last game I used dual screen Bronzong which with toxic/explosion/and lightscreen/reflect as my wall. Im having trouble picking a wall for X.

Years
    Well I'm still in the process of hunting Dittos with good IV's and collecting the power items, for now I'm thinking of Hawlucha, Mega Mawile, A Wish user and some other random Pokemon lol

Years
    Well I'm still in the process of hunting Dittos with good IV's and collecting the power items, for now I'm thinking of Hawlucha, Mega Mawile, A Wish user and some other random Pokemon lol

youre better off finding a friend safari ditto since they always have 2 perfect IV stats.

Years
    Really? Well I better set up my Wifi here at home..

yea all Friend Safari pokes have 2 perfect Iv stats...the problem is getting the actual safari, since its 3 pokes to safari, and not everyone has the normal safari....its based on your FC and its a Set safari...

so for me i have a steel Safari...with Ferrothorn, Forttres and Klefki

Years
    yea all Friend Safari pokes have 2 perfect Iv stats...the problem is getting the actual safari, since its 3 pokes to safari, and not everyone has the normal safari....its based on your FC and its a Set safari...

so for me i have a steel Safari...with Ferrothorn, Forttres and Klefki

Oh, but it's still worth a shot though :)

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
    I too am having trouble starting my competitive team. I realized while doing the Battle Maison that it's not necessarily good to have all mega stone pokemon. You need the effects of other hold items, so I'm thinking 1-2 mega pokemon on my team at the most. Last game I used dual screen Bronzong which with toxic/explosion/and lightscreen/reflect as my wall. Im having trouble picking a wall for X.

I wouldn't suggest having two Pokémon who can Mega Evolve since you can use only one on the battlefield. Just a waste of an item on the PKMN.

CronicHigh

All hail lord Goomy
    Years
    Got a Starmie traded over to me, since I'm playing Y
    -Thunderbolt (not on a rain team, so not Thunder)
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam
    -Dazzling Gleam (don't really care for Psychic as a move)

maxed spec. att and speed.
    added +4 to def/spec d for bulk

Everything else for my other team slots is a work in progress since I haven't got every Pokemon I wanted yet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2013
    dont have x or y but in my black 2 online team is ALL LV 100

KINGDRA

stats
    HP 291
    ATK 203
    DEF 226
    SP.ATK 317
    SP.DEF 258
    SPD 238
    ABILITY SWIFT SWIM
    ITEM CHOICE SPECS
    MOVES
    DRAGON PULSE
    ICE BEAM
    SURF
    PROTECT

KINGDRA CAN TAKE OUT MOST POKEMON WHERE I PLACE HIM IN THE VERY LEFT OF MY TRIPLE BATTLE TEAM. NOTE USED LIFE ORB BUT NEEDED MORE POWER

GASTRODON

stats
    HP 426
    ATK 181
    DEF 177
    SP.ATK 269
    SP.DEF 234
    SPD 114
    ABILITY STORM DRIAN
    ITEM SHELL BELL
    MOVES
    EARTH POWER
    ICE BEAM
    PROTECT
    MUDDY WATER

THE GOAL HERE IS FOR KINGDRA AND DRIZZLE GREEN FROG POLITOED TO KEEP USING SURF TO BOOST IS SP.ATK IN THE RAIN TO HOKO MOST POKEMON WITH MUDDY WATER BEING THE CENTER OF THE FIRLD. ALMOST LAST IN SPEED HE CAN TAKE A TERAKKION BEAT UP COMBO HEAD ON THEN HOKO HIM. ALSO WORKS GOOD USING CHOIC SPECS AND IN TRICK ROOM COUNTER

POLOTOED

stats
    HP 370
    ATK 167
    DEF 186
    SP.ATK 231
    SP.DEF 328
    SPD 176
    ABILITY DRIZZLE XD
    ITEM WATER GEM
    MOVES
    ICE BEAM
    TOXIC
    PROTECT
    SURF

TO SUMMON RAIN. TO STALL AND JUST TAKE HITS. AND USING WATER GEM IN RAIN POWER I'D SAY PRETTY GOOD FOR THE TIME TO STALL AT THE RIGHT CORNER FOR ENOUGH TIME TO BOOST GASTRODON INSTA DEATH.

LUDICOLO

stats
    HP 301
    ATK 158
    DEF 177
    SP.ATK 306
    SP.DEF 236
    SPD 239
    ABILLITY SWIFT SWIM
    ITEM LIFE ORB
    MOVES
    SURF
    FOCUS BLAST
    GRASS KNOT
    ICE BEAM

HE HAS A GOOD MOVEPOOL AND IS A GOOD REPLACE FOR KINGDRA IF KNOCKED OUT .

SUICUNE

stats
    HP 404
    ATK 167
    DEF 298
    SP.ATK 216
    SP.DEF 327
    SPD 206
    ABILITY WATER ABSORB
    ITEM LEFTOVERS
    MOVES
    SCALD
    SURF
    CALM MIND
    ICE BEAM

I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING...
    I GAVE CALM MIND TO BUILD A WALL WITH POWER, SCALD TO BREAK ATK, SURF IF NEEDED TO HELP GASTRODON, AND ICE BEAM FOR DRAGONS ETC. BEING HIT WITH SUFT IN PLACE OF GASTRODON TO HEAL

CLOYSTER

stats
    HP 242
    ATK 289
    DEF 396
    SP.ATK 185
    SP.DEF 206
    SPD 176
    ABILLITY SKILL LINK
    ITEM FOCUS SASH
    MOVES
    ICICLE SPEAR
    ROCK BLAST
    SHELL SMASH
    RAZOR SHELL/ PROTECT

NEED I SAY MORE ALSO PLEASE RATE AND HELP MY BUILD I JUST FOUND PERFECT IV AND LOOKED WHAT STATS WOULD BE IN THE GAME BUT REALLY MY TEAM STATS ARE A BIT LOWER

IF spell error please mind and help fix team also used scizor and heatrin but did not make the cut but if needed will put them in

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Haven't beaten the game yet but some pokemon do have potential to make it in my competitive team. Greninja is one of them, that speed is amazing and it carries spikes too. Trevenant is also a pokemon I'm considering, could be a good spin blocker.

Back