• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Those of you that played both this and Nova Red, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Gen II

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • A Digimon hack of Gen IV

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Yo, finally reached 4th Gym today..
    for the difficulty it was hard on 1st Gym i need spam smokescreen and 2 lalamon to win against Roxanne lvl 18 mon..

for the 2nd and 3rd it pretty much easier than i though or maybe i am lucky since my foe keep hitting themselves due to confusion.
    especially 3rd gym Wattson lvl 31 Spadamon lose against my lvl 22 Renamon (it was 1v1)
    though i do use Greymon and Growlmon for Early battle and his early pokemon

For 4th I pretty much soloed it with Kyubimon
    with exception Double Battle, it has same strategy confuse Ray + Fox Flame, and add Mirror Coat against her Kyubimon that spammed Extrasensory (how did it get it my lvl 40 Kyubimon did not learn it) same as her Last mon with lvl 38.

Also Does Moonmon need surf or it really rare
    like Chibomon and Poromon (searching 3 Chibomon + 2 Poromon it took me about +-40 Minutes with 4x Frame Skip)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I have a purple game.
    I mean like, everything looks fine, the Digimon are in there, but the entire overworld is just purple. So is the battle menu. I patched it as the instructions said so, I don't know why I'm purple.
    [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yo, finally reached 4th Gym today..

Also Does Moonmon need surf or it really rare
    like Chibomon and Poromon (searching 3 Chibomon + 2 Poromon it took me about +-40 Minutes with 4x Frame Skip)

Glad to hear you're getting the hang of it! I hope it doesn't become too easy.
    Moonmon doesn't need surf. It is rare though. I believe 5%.

I have a purple game.
    I mean like, everything looks fine, the Digimon are in there, but the entire overworld is just purple. So is the battle menu. I patched it as the instructions said so, I don't know why I'm purple.
    View attachment 101550
    View attachment 101551

That's just sunset. It's part of the rombase. Not huge on it either but I have no idea how to remove it. When you set your clock in the beginning of the game I always just set it to 10am so the game is in broad daylight.

Years
    Glad to hear you're getting the hang of it! I hope it doesn't become too easy.
    Moonmon doesn't need surf. It is rare though. I believe 5%.

I do think it easier now since i make full use of confusion + Burn or Confusion + Poison.
    so i hope Gym Leader Has lot of Full Heal and few Full Restore. For More we can has No EVs or No Bag in Gym leader Battle.

I manage got Moonmon, i just suddenly remember Repel trick, luckily she is lvl 20.
    so making using lvl 18 lead make manage to get her relatively easier. i do hope you can add DexNav since i believe some Mon has two Abilities may be there is hidden one too.

i found item named new item in Route 113 last of ashen land (about young boy).

Attachments

• [COMPLETED] Digimon Emerald Project
      Digimon Emerald Project_1652763005861.png
      11.5 KB · Views: 7

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I do think it easier now since i make full use of confusion + Burn or Confusion + Poison.
    so i hope Gym Leader Has lot of Full Heal and few Full Restore. For More we can has No EVs or No Bag in Gym leader Battle.

I manage got Moonmon, i just suddenly remember Repel trick, luckily she is lvl 20.
    so making using lvl 18 lead make manage to get her relatively easier. i do hope you can add DexNav since i believe some Mon has two Abilities may be there is hidden one too.

i found item named new item in Route 113 last of ashen land (about young boy).

I would love to be able to disable items during battle. If anyone knows how to hack that in, please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks for the heads-up about the New Item. I'll patch it in the next update.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Yup. 64x64 with only 16 colours (technically only 15 colours since the 1st one will be the background colour and therefore transparent). I think DoruGreymon could work if it was "scrunched up." Move the wing up closer to its shoulders to basically cover most of the rest of its body. Then some repositioning of the tail to make it arc around so it ends up back close to its head. Then shortening the neck...

It could work. If you're willing to wait a few days (the final report of my PostGrad is due in two days and yet here I am commenting on Digimon Emerald lol) I can try and sprite it myself. :)

So yeah I tried my hand at spriting and didn't get very far. I have pretty little skill in that area. Hahah so if you'd be down to edit that sprite of Dorugreymon or of you know of a better one and can work on it to add to the game, I'd very much appreciate it. He is legit my favorite digimon and I'd love to have one o my team. So yeah whenever you can do it. No rush. Just make sure to let me know when you've added it if you do end up doing it! Would greatly appreciate it! Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    hmmm, isn't it just due to time effect? how you try enter room or check in few hours in case you done playing.

Yeah, it just surprised me when I set the clock and everything was purple. It's a nice color, but definitely jarring when you hop out of a car and the sky has turned purple. Reminds me of my time in Texas...

That's just sunset. It's part of the rombase. Not huge on it either but I have no idea how to remove it. When you set your clock in the beginning of the game I always just set it to 10am so the game is in broad daylight.

Once I played through the game a bit further, it faded without me even noticing it. Still a wonderfully done game, I was just surprised. Thanks for letting me know that I hadn't somehow gotten violet paint splattered everywhere during the patching.

Unrelated, I think both Foam Blast(?) and Whirlpool are a bit broken. Foam Blast lowers the foe's Speed, but the description says it is a 40 power Special move, but it does no damage. And Whirlpool is just Rain Dance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Hey, so im trying to catch megidramon (groudon replacement) but when i go to where he is. all it shows it a lvl 70, sprite of two question marks and the name is the number 380. And in victory road, WaruMonzaemon seems like it has no solid catch rate aka 0. Kyogre's replacement (Neptunemon) displays the sprite of two question marks as well and the name is the number of 379. stats are equal to a level 10 pokemon/digimon maybe. and it shows that i got them in Terra Cave and Marine Cave respectively.

Last edited:
    Years
    I found something strange
    Divermon Glaciate move hit gomamon and mermaidmon (some water type too) Is not Very Effective but when
    i use Freeze-Dry it's Super Effective.
    both are same Ice Special move.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So yeah I tried my hand at spriting and didn't get very far. I have pretty little skill in that area. Hahah so if you'd be down to edit that sprite of Dorugreymon or of you know of a better one and can work on it to add to the game, I'd very much appreciate it. He is legit my favorite digimon and I'd love to have one o my team. So yeah whenever you can do it. No rush. Just make sure to let me know when you've added it if you do end up doing it! Would greatly appreciate it! Cheers.

Haha good on you for trying! Yeah he's not the easiest sprite to work with but I'll see what I can do.

Unrelated, I think both Foam Blast(?) and Whirlpool are a bit broken. Foam Blast lowers the foe's Speed, but the description says it is a 40 power Special move, but it does no damage. And Whirlpool is just Rain Dance.

My bad. Fixed now and will be patched in the next update.

Hey, so im trying to catch megidramon (groudon replacement) but when i go to where he is. all it shows it a lvl 70, sprite of two question marks and the name is the number 380. And in victory road, WaruMonzaemon seems like it has no solid catch rate aka 0. Kyogre's replacement (Neptunemon) displays the sprite of two question marks as well and the name is the number of 379. stats are equal to a level 10 pokemon/digimon maybe. and it shows that i got them in Terra Cave and Marine Cave respectively.

Ohh... to get Megidramon and Neptunemon you just use the Mystic Ticket. I thought I had disabled the old way of catching Groudon and Kyogre (I thought both quests were tedious I took them out of the game so the player wouldn't even try. Or at least I thought I did). Looks like I left something in. My bad!

I found something strange
    Divermon Glaciate move hit gomamon and mermaidmon (some water type too) Is not Very Effective but when
    i use Freeze-Dry it's Super Effective.
    both are same Ice Special move.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze-Dry_(move)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    OK so I just beat the game and collected about half of the mon, including legendaries, so I wanted to give a review plus some suggestions and bugs I've found.

Overall it was really well done and I had a blast playing it. One thing I noticed is that the game starts of pretty challenging and then nosedives after the first gym. Skullbeluchimon was a pretty decent wall for me. After I got a couple rookies, the game posed no challenge at all from that point forward. I was consistently ~20 lvs over the wild pokemon for most of the game without grind. I'll list suggestions next.

1. More full evolution lines. I grew EXTREMELY attached to woodmon, since he's the one that clutched the first gym, so I was disappointed when I saw that he wouldn't evolve into Cherrymon and later Puppetmon. It crushed me to box him. Andromon is another that I was sad to see not evolve. Finding a steel/electric early game was so good since fairies are abundant. I kept him from start to finish and would have really liked to see HiAndromon.

2. Difficulty. Very early game there are numerous places to catch botamon. I knew immediately that it was going to be strong when he started teleporting but I had no idea how strong. Wizardmon/wisemon are essentially pseudo legendaries. I solod most of the gym leaders with it and probably could have solod the elite 4 with but I solod with Seraphimon instead. Having a nuclear weapon before the second gym was probably a mistake. I would add in a form or 2 between botamon and wizardmon to ease the power curve. Wisemon is on par with Megas that evolve at lv 60 like Seraphimon.

3. Still very pokemon. I love emerald so I don't mind but I would have appreciated a new story.

4. Baby/trainees. Babies can usually digivolve into quite a few different rookies so I thought a good idea would be that they evolve based on their natures or maybe stat allotments like tyrogue.

5. Endgame diversity. I'm not saying this is the case but it felt like most of the late game Digimon were fairy, steel, or water. Grass types seem non existant except for Wallace's Hydramon. Electric, ground, normal, fighting, and psychic seem pretty rare too.

Bugs. Nothing game breaking and not much that I haven't seen listed here. One notable thing is that Boarmons exp is bugged. He always gives a low amount even at high levels. M. Seadramon learns dive but it's the HM version and cannot be deleted except for at the move deleter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    1. More full evolution lines. I grew EXTREMELY attached to woodmon, since he's the one that clutched the first gym, so I was disappointed when I saw that he wouldn't evolve into Cherrymon and later Puppetmon.

Definitely. Everything should have at least one route to a mega. There are a handful of Digimon that could use more branching paths too, like how Veemon, Patamon and Gatomon can't evolve into their fusions at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024

After beating Watson with an Electric type, I found this in a soot pile near the Soot Shack (not real name, I don't think) on Route 113. It certainly lives up to its description.

Years
    ah, i see that's why, i never played or checked Gen VI, since my phone can't run citra.

also, i think some reporting about rich boy trainer bugged (you fight twin instead, and the twin mia will disappear when you talk to boy, but will reappear when you close to her).

same thing happening in route 120
    both trainer in tall grass with green hat will disappear.

For Female one if you south (Down) at least untill you pass Bush for secret base then Return back she will be gone.

for Male you go North untill you leave tall grass than go back he will be gone.

both of them will back if you move few steps, but sadly they will not battle you.

Attachments

Digimon Emerald Project_1652873422794.png
      7.4 KB · Views: 13
      Digimon Emerald Project_1652873397353.png
      6.5 KB · Views: 5
      Digimon Emerald Project_1652873438468.png
      4.7 KB · Views: 5
      Digimon Emerald Project_1652873449911.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 5
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    I have some issues with the game, idk if anyone has any answers or anything the could help me. I play this rom on my android and the game freezes on me whenever i pick up items on the ground(in balls or hidden), replace an old move with a new one, if i switch train and the mon i switched out grows a level, and it freezes on the boat whenever my dad calls me. If anyone can help, id be very much appreciated

Years
    Finally beat game!!
    first of all is there legendary equal to latios & latias (since you beat game you got asked questions).
    then should i bother to reach sealed chamber?

so far i found another bug that make the game stopped, it happened to me in Victory Road.
    when I fought Double Battle my main
    My Pukumon leveled up in back then the screen glitched like that. but it's safe after i put him in front (replacing W.Greymon)
    I don't which cause the bug happened.

Also in Slate port city the Sciencist from Team Aqua Event Keep Blocking the entrance and talking to him will re-trigger the event (the boat got stolen)

Attachments

Digimon Emerald Project_1652939243162.png
      9.4 KB · Views: 23
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Haha good on you for trying! Yeah he's not the easiest sprite to work with but I'll see what I can do.

My bad. Fixed now and will be patched in the next update.

Ohh... to get Megidramon and Neptunemon you just use the Mystic Ticket. I thought I had disabled the old way of catching Groudon and Kyogre (I thought both quests were tedious I took them out of the game so the player wouldn't even try. Or at least I thought I did). Looks like I left something in. My bad!

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze-Dry_(move)

Ahh man thanks so much I appreciate it. Dorugreymon is super special to me so I'm stoked to have him on my team! Let me know when you've added it so I can start my new game up! Cheers.

Back