• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer making sounds?

Years
    Grouped Messages said:
    I'm no good with computers, but I think the computer you're using may be a bit old and a bit overused.

Where did the sound came from inside the CPU or somewhere? Well if it's inside your CPU then I'm not sure but I think it's your hard drive dying.

There might not be much memory left in the computer, or you could clear out your computer (recycling bin, internet folders ect.)

Right, could you guys please stop posting advice when you clearly don't have the experience to say? I appreciate that you're trying to help, but you're just going to confuse the matter.

Then it was your CD drive spinning while it was reading the CD.

It potentially could be related to you hitting the download cap that your ISP has in place, caps.
    Yeah, the Optical Drive will spin up at boot, and they are still one of the noisiest things in a computer. Put it this way. I have mine unplugged when I don't need it. When I do, I just pop the SATA cable back in. I'm this to getting a USB DVD drive and calling it a day.

And with regards to download caps, they're more prevalent is certain countries than others. For example, Australia has download limits on everything aside from really high-end ADSL1 connections and most dial-up connections.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Have you even been downloading something...? I mean a lot, compare it with how much you downloaded last month, is it more? If it is, then it could be you reaching the download limit.
    Not even half a month has passed, it isn't likely that you reached the Download Limit already though.
    On the other hand, in most places, exceeding the limit means not being able to download anything, or having to pay for each mb. I doubt this could be a possibility.

Do you know what plans you have subscribed to? How much bandwidth Vonage is suppose to give you, (1 mbps, 2 mbps etc...)? How much? If so, goto https://www.speedtest.net/ and check. If it gives unexpected results, lower speed than usual... contact Vonage, otherwise your internet is fine.

Do you have other computers at home, connected at the same time? Then your download speed will reduce if the other computers are on the internet or downloading.
    Do you have a WiFi connection? Somebody might be steeling it!

This could be because some stupid software was downloading updates and so your speed was down... That happens.

If nothing else works, just contact Vonage. You could tell us your bandwidath and your download speed you are getting atm and what you were getting earlier.

Years
    Not even half a month has passed, it isn't likely that you reached the Download Limit already though.

Well, no. Plans will usually initiate on the day of connection. For example, my quota resets on the 19th.
    On the other hand, in most places, exceeding the limit means not being able to download anything, or having to pay for each mb.
    I think you'll find that most places will shape/slow the connection, so it's entirely possible.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Well, no. Plans will usually initiate on the day of connection. For example, my quota resets on the 19th.

I think you'll find that most places will shape/slow the connection, so it's entirely possible.
    Idk, I said from my own and my friends' experiences...

Our plans reset on the 1st of each month... And we have to start paying once the free download / upload limit is over. I've only met one person who couldn't access the internet once the limit was exceeded.

It's probably got to do with the countries, laws etc... Can't comment on that.

Years
    Idk, I said from my own and my friends' experiences...

Our plans reset on the 1st of each month...
    That might be a country thing, yeah.
    And we have to start paying once the free download / upload limit is over. I've only met one person who couldn't access the internet once the limit was exceeded.
    I never said they'd cut the connection. Shaping is slowing to a set speed, like 128kb/s.
    It's probably got to do with the countries, laws etc... Can't comment on that.
    Yes, but we need to take into account the OP here, and both your and my personal experiences are quite anecdotal in that regard.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    Try to trace that where from you get the sound. I think it would from HD.

Back